Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > Story Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2016, 06:08 PM

Default Dispute at the Waterpark

A man visits a waterpark with his wife and ten-year old daughter.
The attendant says to the man, 'sorry sir, but we don't allow Speedos in here.'
'My daughter's wearing a bikini, is that all right?'
'Of course.'
'And my wife... turn around dear... is wearing a thong. What about that?'
'That's fine, too.'
'So what's wrong with my swimwear?'
'Sir, one can see a bulge in your Speedos. We can't allow that in a family-friendly venue.'

One month later, and the family revisit the waterpark.
'Sir, I thought I told you last time, you can't wear Speedos in here,' says the attendant with disdain.
'Well look carefully, because there's no bulge.'
'Well I never...'
'Yes, because I'm currently undergoing a sex change operation. "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em", eh? Now please let me in.'
'Sorry dear. This is a family-friendly venue. No topless women allowed!'
Old 05-28-2016, 03:30 PM

Default Your Kidding

What, I worked at a water park as a lifeguard. Several of the lifeguards including myself wore the red or blue Andrew Christian bikini/briefs with the little white cross on them without any complaints from management. During the course of the summer we would have several men show up in the speedo, tyr, arena and other brands of bikini/briefs with no complaints. This was also considered a family friendly park.
Old 03-12-2017, 03:27 PM

It has happened:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ly-resort.html
Old 03-12-2017, 04:31 PM

I think there is a difference between a more traditional cut swim brief along the lines of a Speedo or Tyr and the clearly skimpier cut of the suit in the picture. I honestly think wearing a suit that looks like the one in the photo at a family oriented resort is over the line and ruins it for everyone. A time and place for everything.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:04 PM

This is true STS, but the photo in the article isn't the swimsuit in question, but a stock press photo of Rod Stewart in a brief swimsuit. We don't know whether the person involved was wearing something like that, or a traditional cut brief
Old 03-15-2017, 04:15 PM

Alton Towers customer base is young families; mum and/or dad and a couple of kids, they aren't interested in single older men, groups of older men or serious swimmers except on their gay days. Serious swimmers take up a lot of space in a pool while family groups splashing about can be crammed in and eat a lot more ice creams and fizzy drinks.
They (Alton Towers) claim that in the past they have had issues with men wearing thongs. I'm not convinced that the number of men that have appeared there in thongs justifies a total ban on men wearing Lycra swimwear but since it is their pool it is their choice. Though they haven't banned women from wearing Lycra swimwear there.
Since speedo wearers are more likely to be serious swimmers and less likely to be parents with kids, banning speedos allows more space in the pool for the families to bob about and jump in from the sides.
I don't know if the still do gay days.
Old 03-16-2017, 05:42 PM

Default I wonder

I wonder if they would let me wear my Speedos UNDER my board shorts, or do they check that too.

This might be a ban on on all Lycra containing swimwear, Briefs, Squarecuts, maybe even jammers..

I wonder what happens if a guy shows up wearing swimming jammers. His anatomy could be even more obvious than in a brief...

Children need to become aware o the fact that human beings, male and female, have all sorts of bumps in their anatomy that are quite normal To make a big deal over this kinda says that all swimmers of either sex should be covered head to toe with loose fitting garb that makes swimming impossible...otherwise a child might see inadvertently a bump under the swimwear that he or she should not be seeing at such a young and delicate age.

Goodness.....
Old 06-28-2018, 05:44 PM

A few years back I was a manager at a large resort hotel (500 rooms) with a huge pool and pool deck area. With lots of international visitors it was not uncommon to see men in speedo type suits. However, we had two incidents that ultimately put a swimsuit acceptability policy into effect.

The first happened when a group of about 6 or 8 very gay guys showed up in barely there bikinis and one in a thong. They were out to be noticed and made quite a show putting their towels on lounges. I recall one in a shocking pink rio cut (string) bikini and another in white. It didn't take much to see the suits were unlined. Eventually the giggling, squealing group got in the water. (if you couldn't see them you'd swear there were a group of 10-12 year old girls having a slumber party!) When they exited the water those two suits were totally transparent -- which made them squeal louder. Being a family resort I could see a couple parents heading my way looking less than pleased. I already knew what had to be done and was enroute to the group. A couple of the more mature of the group with family friendly bikinis on were embarrassed by their friends displays but the almost nude guys put up a fuss when I told them it was a family resort and those suits were not acceptable that they needed to cover up. I even offered them a 50% discount on the one inch suits we sold in the Cabana Shop. They decided to try for a big scene and screamed I was discriminating against gays. The pool attendant and a bar tender had come up when it was clear a common sense discussion wasn't working. With that the three of us burst into laughter -- we are all gay. My patience had been pushed and I was not going to have this scene continue by the pool so resinded my discount offer and told them to pack up and leave. I would send bellmen to their rooms to help them pack up and leave the hotel.By then someone had notified security and they arrived to usher the boys back to their rooms.*

Due to that whole incident and complaints about the obscene display we established a policy that brief mens swimwear must be opaque when wet and have a two inch side. (we allowed skimpier but it is good to have a policy more restrictive than what you actually will allow. One inch was actually quite popular and never an issue)

The second incident that put further restrictions on swimwear came from the dining room manager. One two story wall of glass overlooked the pool and businessmen in particular liked the window tables -- until this day. I was summoned to the dining room to handle a very delicate situation. Just outside the window was a young woman with a couple small kids that was wearing a thong bikini. I told him I didn't see a problem and he told me to wait. After a few minutes with back to the window she bent over to tend to one of the kids. There was a collective groan from diners and a couple comments. While standing up she looked ok in the thong. When she bent over she displayed a butt crack that needed shaving - to say the least. I called the front desk manager (a woman) described the problem and sent her to talk to the woman.(that was beyond my comfort zone and job description) At first indignant that she was singled out. The manager took her aside and when they returned was bright red with a towel around her waist. She grabbed the kids and left the pool.**

The next day the swimsuit policy added no thong swimsuits on women or men to the list.
Sometimes it pays to use common sense and consideration for others when entering into a situation where other (especially families) are present.

PS we got lots of compliments about our policy that basically just wanted swim wear to be in good taste and not overtly sexual.

*Two of the guy in that group came to my office to apologize for their friends behavior. They had invited themselves along and were unwanted. After a nice chat I told the two they were welcome to stay as long as their friends didn't come to visit. They turned out to be regulars at the hotel visiting several times a year.

** The female manager said she too got arguments that the other thongs were being asked to cover up. It wasn't until she took her into the rest room and told her to bend over in front of the mirror that the women understood. The mortified woman left wrapped in a towel. I was told she purchased a more modest suit and her and the kids were spotted at one of the other hotel pools. (there were 4 guest pools plus six private pools for the bungalows)

I think the bend over idea is good for anyone wearing a skimpy swim suit or short shorts. And, of course, common sense should prevail.
I guess the infamous bikini wax only takes care of the front.
Old 06-28-2018, 08:31 PM

I can say I have never been asked to leave a water park for wearing a speedo. I travel a lot for work and if there is a water park near where I’m at I usually try to visit it. I usually wear a speedo solar brand in black. It I’ve worn darker color Nike suits as well. I’ve had looks from others, heard some comments when people didn’t think I could hear, and had a few kids just plain stare. However no one has said anything directly to me about my suit and no lifeguard or manager has ever commented and I’ve probably been to different water parks in a bout 10 different states. A few times there have been a man or two in a square cut but I’ve yet to see anyone in a speedo style suit.
Old 06-28-2018, 08:45 PM

I wouldn't want to set foot in a waterpark anyway. When I go the pool it's for the purpose of serious swimming, and the less kids that get in my way the better.