Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2017, 12:17 PM
Speedo Member

Default Hampstead Heath

Anyone here have experience of speedos and swimming at the mens pond on Hampstead Heath. Are speedos the norm, or do shorts tend to prevail. What are the facilities like - are there lockers to keep your stuff safe?
Old 06-22-2017, 09:51 PM

Not been for 20 or more years, the changing area has been rebuilt since then and traditions may have changed.
The changing area used to be roofed lockers and benches around an open core. You would change under cover then could sunbathe in the central core. Since the whole area was a men's changing room with showers many of the sunbathers would be naked.
A doorway would take you onto the bank of the men's lake, A couple of elderly lifeguards would be sitting there on deckchairs watching the swimmers. The swimmers used to be in speedos or short shorts. lake swimming is serious, it does not attract the just about swimmers in their boardshorts that you find in leisure pools and beaches.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:52 PM

Speedobilly, Did you ever get to Highgate Mens Pond this Summer?

I have just started swimming again after several years and went quite a few times this Summer - last visit was late September. Although shorts predominated, speedos and speedo-types did make up a reasonable minority, and I am pleased to say that included me.

The lifeguards seem to have got younger - or is that just what happens when you get older, rather like policemen?
Old 11-16-2017, 02:18 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Captain.Jammer
Cool

Sounds like a great place!
Old 11-17-2017, 05:06 PM

http://theghostofwatttyler.blogspot.co.uk/

Roll down to the 6th item on the link for a photo and description of swimming on Hampstead Heath.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:31 AM

That photo is of the mixed pond, which is OK but I much prefer the atmosphere and surroundings of the men's pond on the Highgate side of the Heath.

I have some photos of the Mens Pond which I will try and work out how to post here.

Last edited by Wetbear1961 : 11-18-2017 at 11:23 AM.