Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2014, 01:30 PM

Smile

I'm also 100% comfortable in speedos out of the water knikon, maybe because I'm in my 60's and have done it since I was an early teenager? Comfort level is the operative phrase here and if guys who wear long board shorts worn far below the hips (which I find really hot) are comfortable that way, then that's what they should continue to do. I'd prefer that they wear briefs because they would look way hotter, but that's not up to me.

D67
Old 06-11-2014, 06:32 AM

For me in part is also the type of suit. When I wear a speedo (racing breif) I feel like I am A: Wearing something, B: Comfortable & C: Rather Modest. A genuine speedo generally hides the details of a bulge especially when worn down. Much less to see than the" Tent pitching" I did in my wet shorts. Also the fact that the shorts constantly slid down when wet and offered no support made (and still) makes me feel conscious and worried about an incident. Id perfer if they didnt wear boardies as much too but I will say that shorts can both look great and be comfortable on the right guy.

Now My andrew christian suits on the other hand do have a bit of tension when I wear them but unlike the speedo they are designed to put your package on full display in all of its glory...
Old 06-11-2014, 12:51 PM

Smile

I'm with you knikon. I don't like suits that emphasize my package. I like them to be low cut in front and low on my hips, but don't show off a bulge. The Nike suit that I just bought last week is exactly that, low cut but not showing a bulge.

D67
Old 06-13-2014, 07:56 AM

I personally don't like the bulge either and when it comes to accentuating your "package", jammers are even worse than a speedo.

Even with the prudish fad of down-to-the-knee coverage, the modesty idea goes out the window.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:05 PM

When I do wear a pair of jammers I've never had the "bulge" problem. I'd always be wishing I had worn my briefs because they gave me more leg movement.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:31 PM

It's a bit difficult avoiding that, on account that swimming demands only one layer of clothing, but why should men be worried about something that's a part of their gender?
Women show off the shape of their breasts, and they certainly like to expose a lot of their posterior.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:44 PM

I understand what you're saying Bede, but there are certain suits that are deliberately made to emphasize and showcase your package. It's those kind that I wouldn't wear; jammers do the same and they just look damn uncomfortable to me.

D67
Old 06-13-2014, 09:04 PM

Know what you mean. I was looking at my Aussiebum Classic again, and a bulge is quite noticeable, especially when wet, as the material is quite thin. Having said that, it's only noticeable close up and not from a distance, and the black colour helps a little.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:51 PM

I am with Shaulis. I bought two pair of jammers several years back to try out. I hated the stragle hold on my legs, and they really looked awful up front. Mostly, my equipment would end up hanging against one leg. I guess I will never understand why some folks get freaked out at a guy showing a bulge. Just like a ladies breasts... it is how we are made. Agree though that it is different if you buy a suit that is made to put you out there....
Old 06-14-2014, 12:14 AM

Wink

I just started doing some lap swimming this week at the local Y for the first time in my 67 years. For some reason, maybe the time of day (mid morning), I have been the only male amongst 3 or 4 women. Today, during my swim, a relatively young guy, maybe 22 or 23 started laps wearing a 2" black speedo (Slazenger, I think it read). He was clearly a strong swimmer by what I saw (I also saw that he was very hot!), but it was nice to see another guy in speedos - I was wearing my new red 1.5" Nike and felt a little stirring when I saw that young stud. Means maybe the young guys are going back to briefs.

D67