Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > Story Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2023, 03:05 PM

Default My journey with speedos

I’ve been obsessed with speedos as early on as I can remember. I grew up in the 90s when speedos where slowly on there way out of popularity. My dad was one of the hold outs and wears his speedo proudly to this day (although probably less frequently in public unless on vacation). One of my earliest memories is when I was about 4-5 years old and was at an outdoor pool with my family. My dad of course wore his speedo and while swimming and playing in the water I decided to try to sneak up on him and grab his leg underwater. However, to my shock, the person I grabbed and who I thought was my dad was a total stranger (also in a speedo) and I was quite embarrassed.

Moving into my teenaged years my obsession with speedos continued to grow. Strangely enough, even though my father continued to wear speedos, neither my mom or dad offered to ever buy myself one to swim in. As a teenager I was closeted and associated everything to do with my obsession with speedos to be a risk of exposing my “gayness” to the world, and so I spent many years wishing that I owned a speedo but was never brave enough to ask my parents for one.

That changed once I had moved out and gone to university. I came out in my first year, made a group of friends who accepted me, and my confidence in my sexuality and self grew. I finally was confident enough to purchase a speedo with the intention of wearing it one day. This lead to many cottage trips with friends throughout my uni years, where I would always pack a speedo, but never be confident enough to put one on. This changed after COVID (maybe because of COVID?) when my friends and I were again up at a cottage late at night, and someone suggested a skinny dip. The girls we were with said they would go with their tops off, some of the guys went fully in the buff, and I wore my speedo. My friends of course were supportive (or didn’t care/were not mean about it). This lead me to feel more confident to wear speedos around them even at times when we were not drunk in the middle of the night.

More recently I went to another cottage weekend at a friends place. The lake was frozen, but our friend had a hot tub and sauna, and mentioned he could cut a hole in the ice to do a cold plunge. I had packed both swim shorts and a speedo but decided to wear the speedo whenever we used the sauna or hot tub. I definitely gave the neighbours a bit of a show running from the hot tub to the hole in the ice in the middle of the lake in just a speedo, but I’m glad I did it.
Old 03-04-2023, 05:11 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to dm106 Send a message via Skype™ to dm106

Congrats!!! Glad you did it.
Old 03-05-2023, 12:30 AM

Glad you told your story .
Great 👍 Thanks
Old 03-05-2023, 09:45 AM

Welcome, what Speedos do you actually own, what colour is your favourite?
Would you consider something briefer, a men's swim bikini or even a swim thong?
When you bought your first adult speedos did you get excited holding them up for inspection as you approached the till in the shop?
Once you know you like brief and skin tight swimwear you find you have so many choices and you discover the human male body is not indecent in itself.
Old 03-10-2023, 08:58 PM

Thank you all! Glad I did too!

Torchwatch, I own a few speedos, a red sporti brand brief, a speedo endurance black brief, and a pair of plain blue ones from the Budgie Smuggler brand.

As far as wearing a something skimpier, would definitely have to work up to that, and probably wouldn’t have the guts in public (except maybe at a gay or nude beach).

Unfortunately all of my purchases have had to be online (swim briefs seem impossible to find in person in Canada) but definitely got excited when trying them on.

Hoping to go on a beach vacation sometime this year and try wearing them in a more public setting vs just around my friends.
Old 03-10-2023, 10:17 PM
Speedo Member

I think it is quite a step up to wear exotic swimwear around friends . For the wild extrovert type it might be not such a tricky jump . I would always rather be around strangers or with someone who I knew had a similar interest . And as many of us know , our female partners are not always the biggest fan of small swimwear on their man ! Some are lucky though !
Old 03-12-2023, 10:32 PM

Wear something you feel safe in at your local pool, you'll want to go back another day, but at a beach among strangers be more daring as you'll never see them again.
Old 03-13-2023, 06:19 AM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchwatch
Wear something you feel safe in at your local pool, you'll want to go back another day, but at a beach among strangers be more daring as you'll never see them again.
Yes these are wise words . If you want to keep going back to your regular pool its probably best not to push things . Interestingly yesterday there were two girls in their twenties in my leisure pool , one was wearing a yellow bikini thong and the other a pink bikini thong .They were together and must have discussed in advance what they were going to wear . Of course it was nice to see but people's manners are so good now that we tend not to stare , which is great .Also for the first time I saw a guy in his twenties sporting a 1 inch side red bikini and he was with his pals who were all in shorts . Maybe the times they are a changing !
Old 03-16-2023, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aberman
Yes these are wise words . If you want to keep going back to your regular pool its probably best not to push things . Interestingly yesterday there were two girls in their twenties in my leisure pool , one was wearing a yellow bikini thong and the other a pink bikini thong .They were together and must have discussed in advance what they were going to wear . Of course it was nice to see but people's manners are so good now that we tend not to stare , which is great .Also for the first time I saw a guy in his twenties sporting a 1 inch side red bikini and he was with his pals who were all in shorts . Maybe the times they are a changing !
Interesting observations. I happened to be in my local sports shop buying some earplugs for swimming when I saw some multi patterned speedo bikini style men's swimsuits for sale. I agree; times are changing
Old 03-25-2023, 12:04 AM

Hi all, definitely agree that wearing a skimpier suit in front of strangers would be easier. I recently booked a vacation this summer and will probably try something skimpier out at a nude beach. Probably will look at some tanga style suits, but not sure if I will be bold enough to wear a thong.

Torchwatch, funnily enough I think for myself, it would be harder to wear a speedo at a local spot vs cottages with friends. I'm not sure if it's because I feel like I can predict how my friends will react, but total strangers who knows!

Aberman, interesting you saw someone out with their friends in a speedo and 1-inch sides no less! I'm hopeful the times are changing because it would be great to see swim briefs more accepted in North America.