Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2022, 11:07 PM

Default What got you into Swim Briefs?

Hi everyone, I'm new to the board and pretty new to exploring myself recently.

I guess I wanted to start out by asking the forum a pretty general into swim briefs?

What first got me into it was at the public pool seeing the competitive swim team practice when I was maybe 10 or 11. Pretty sure this was also the moment I realized I was gay lol.

Also are there any younger guys on this forum? I'm in college and not a lot of guy my age seem to be into speedos. I figured I could ask on here.
Old 08-26-2022, 09:29 AM

I first started swimming in 1991 and all the men at the pool were wearing swim briefs while I was in square cuts. So I just wore them because it was fashionable.
Then when they fell out of fashion i continued to wear them, simply because it's easier to swim in less clothing.
Old 08-26-2022, 10:51 AM

I lived the other side of town to the swimming pool, it was too far to walk and difficult to get to by bus, when I got my first car I could go swimming after work on my own.
I'd been bought really horrible bri-nylon square cut trunks for school with a fake fly, I'd really hated them. Once I could go swimming on my own and had money to choose my own swimwear it had to be Speedos. The first pair were plain black nylon with 3" sides, I wanted more and less, the 2nd pair were 2" nylon with red and white trim.
I got briefer and briefer suits until I got a swim thong.
When Lycra replaced nylon my collection started all over again.
When the internet arrived the world was my swim shop.
Old 08-26-2022, 12:17 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to dm106 Send a message via Skype™ to dm106

My next door neighbor was on swim team growing up. He was a year older than I, at age 12 I managed to muster up the courage to ask him if I could try one of his team suits. Later he got me to join swim team. Loved wearing them!
Old 08-26-2022, 04:59 PM
Speedo Member

Talking Welcome!

I would like to add my own welcome to you! You will find us to be a very supportive group of guys (gay, straight and bi) who enjoy what I call "microwear" (Speedos, as well as bikini and thong underwear and swimwear, and g-strings). As you progress in your journey, you will enjoy discovering what your fellow members already know: the utter comfort of "briefer" underwear, and how beach "microwear" enhances our own feelings about, and expression of, our sensuality and sexuality. As you settle in and have a chance to read the posts, you will find us to have a rather wide age range, including some younger guys. I hope you will enjoy telling us more about yourself, including career and life goals. And certainly about the microwear you own and enjoy now, and what sorts you would like to try. The guys have plenty of tips on where to find all different types. Same for different areas (especially beaches) around the country and around the world where microwear for both men and women is welcome. (A nude beach is a natural: you can rock the teeniest bikini, thong or g-string without ANYONE else there getting "upset!" 😁 BUT... YOU will get a RUSH of confidence!) If you make new friends at college who share your interest in microwear, invite them to join the Board, too! Good luck!
Old 08-29-2022, 04:56 PM
Speedo Member

I was very much into wearing panties from a fairly young age and had always wanted to wear women's bikini bottoms for as long as I can remember, so men's briefs and speedos were my stepping stone away from board shorts. I was also heavy into swimming and cycling at the time, so I didn't have to explain to anyone why I was shaved or wore speedos.

Gradually over time I've gotten more and more comfortable showing my feminine side and have graduated to only wearing women's bikini bottoms and one piece suits now, and they get skimpier and more risque and flamboyant every year.
Old 08-30-2022, 10:29 PM

Think its the overall feeling skin tight on my package and buttocks and they are so comfy and also erotic and give yogive me a huge sense of arousal especially infront of hot females. They just feel so good
Old 08-31-2022, 04:41 PM
Speedo Member

Just joined this forum and thought I'd reply to this thread. I started wearing speedos in college while competing in triathlons and when scuba diving. They were quick to dry and easier to wear, especially under wetsuits. Since then, have worn board shorts, speedos or thongs, depending upon the situation.
Old 09-01-2022, 03:01 AM

Welcome to the group! When we were little boys, my mother got us matching brief suits from Sears & Roebuck. I enjoyed tight suits I had outgrown, then bikini underwear. Many guys wore Speedos as I grew up, I liked the really skimpy French suits from stores & Club Med. Women's bikini bottoms, Asian flat-front suits, etc. I am a hairy masculine Gay "bear" guy, so I can roam around and wear whatever I like at a crowded Beach.
You are starting on an activity you can continue for a lifetime. I am in my 70's now and walked 2 miles on the straight Beach today in my tiny Mategear suit. A guy gave me a thumbs-up as he walked past me with his girlfriend.
Old 09-01-2022, 08:04 PM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikenSwim
Welcome to the group!
Thank you. I originally joined this forum to find out what happened to the Speedo Solar 1” suit. Mine is looking a little worn out. I saw that it was discontinued. When I couldn’t find something similar I decided to try a thong. After wearing it all summer poolside I may be ready to try it on the beach. Not sure how my wife will feel about that.