Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2018, 12:53 AM
Speedo Member

My ex-wife would occasionally do this as well. If a vacation was approaching she'd buy me a set of shorts "in case I wanted to wear them", or sometimes when we were shopping together she'd point out shorts she thought I'd look good in. She did this despite the fact I always wore Speedos, and knew I enjoyed wearing them. She never suggested or bought new trunks I'd actually have considered wearing.

She didn't like me wearing Speedos and her argument was always that they were "embarrassing" or "too revealing" despite the fact she always wore 2 piece bikinis on vacation. The level of double standards! One of her lines that made me laugh the most was that "other women can check out your package" - yes, and other men can check out your cleavage? What's your point? I once told her that if she expected me to cover up in shorts then I expected her to wear a t-shirt or full body sarong. Of course, she never.

I will say though that these exchanges were non-existent in the 80's and 90's when we were together and Speedos were a little more popular, and both of us had been on our respective swim teams at college so she was more than used to seeing me in Speedos and was okay with it. It was only really post-2000 when fashions changed, and our relationship deteriorated that she started using Speedos as an issue to pick at.
Old 07-21-2018, 04:56 PM

She is probably just like all of us. She just might like some attention too! If we are at pool party, resort or beach with you guys we have spent a lot of time and maybe some $$ to look our best. We did our makeup, our nails and toes, we found a pretty bathing suit, a coverup, maybe a hat and our favorite heels. We maybe wearing sunglasses and we have done our hair just right. We probably did this also for you.
So let us get a little attention first.
Then you undo the board shorts, take off your top and reveal your speedo.

That's all we ask.

Last edited by Mollyk : 07-21-2018 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-22-2018, 11:46 AM
Speedo Member

Molly, thank you for the reply. More than a wee bit of wisdom in there. You've given some food for thought.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:15 PM

Women wear bikinis to pose in them, while men wear Speedos for swimming. Therefore, a man must spend no more than a few seconds in them before entering the water, where the said garment then becomes acceptable.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:38 PM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollyk
She is probably just like all of us. She just might like some attention too! If we are at pool party, resort or beach with you guys we have spent a lot of time and maybe some $$ to look our best. We did our makeup, our nails and toes, we found a pretty bathing suit, a coverup, maybe a hat and our favorite heels. We maybe wearing sunglasses and we have done our hair just right. We probably did this also for you.
So let us get a little attention first.
Then you undo the board shorts, take off your top and reveal your speedo.

That's all we ask.

Yes...woman gets a bit miffed that their men upstaged them in the getting all the attention departments.
Old 07-24-2018, 09:48 AM

Molly, if I woke up one morning and discovered I was married to you, then I received an invitation to a pool party I would go on my own as I be too embarrassed to be there with you.
Old 07-24-2018, 12:36 PM

I think a lot of this relates to differences in how (straight) men and women are wired when it relates to admiration of your partner by others. For a lot of guys, finding a female partner (spouse) who is attractive enough so that other men like what they see (and then possibly admire you as a guy who was fortunate to find a wife that attracive) is part of the fun of being a guy..this is the "trophy wife thing". And if the wife has a good enough body so that other guys oggle when they see her in a revealing swimsuit, that is a plus not a minus so long as it doesn't lead elsewhere. Few guys would opt for something different (as in a wife other guys think is not particularly attractive) given a choice.

But, female spouses are wired completely differently in this regard, at least most of them. The guy she is married to from her perspective is hers alone, other women stay away. MOST married females would quickly become very upset if they thought there were other women present who were oggling their own guy's body.

So the husband shows up wearing a swim brief at a pool party. From the perspective of the wife, this can only end badly. Either the women at the party think the guy has an attractive body, in which case his body is no longer hers alone but on display for all the women present to oggle and perhaps get turned on by (from her perspective this can only end badly). Alternately, the guy looks not-so-good in a swim brief in which case her husband will become something of a quiet "joke" by the women at the party (Why in the world did he wear THAT when he is so obviously unfit? Didn't his wife say SOMETHING to him about his choice of attire? What is going on in their married life anyway? Tho married is he ATTEMPTING to attract other females right in full view of his wife?).

So. most straight married guys for a host of reasons would not dare wear a brief at a pool party when his wife's female friends are there, and wives buy husbands less revealing suits for pool party wear.

Last edited by sebbie : 07-24-2018 at 12:45 PM.
Old 07-24-2018, 09:08 PM
Speedo Member

Default Nice observations, sebbie

That sounds about right. My wife is the same, except I got pretty lucky. While she will let her displeasure be known if I try to wear something she considers too revealing, too revealing to her means either a thong or a suit so light colored that she can see exactly how I’m equipped.

She never tries to stop me though. Just drops enough hints so I know I should change into something else.
Old 07-26-2018, 09:39 PM

I'm pleased I don't go to pool parties. I just wear my Speedos to swim in and that's never been a problem.
Old 07-27-2018, 06:23 PM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo_Dad
My ex-wife would occasionally do this as well. .

Sometimes I wonder how stupid women are, if I were married to you I would NEVER EVER end up as your ex!