Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2018, 12:36 PM

Interesting societal perspective, Torch. Having grown up in a brief-normal swim setting all my life, I never considered the paradigm shift the Feminist movement had on how women see men. Perhaps my fascination with the brief and resulting bulge was more of a personal thing and a topic several of us have an opinion on. That's what makes a blog fun. I have seen the design of suits over the years go from a universal no-pouch flattening design to a accentuating pouch that puts you front and center. Does give us Speedo lovers a wide selection on how to present the bulge. I like many of us are actually somewhat conservative and thus my selection of suit design, Seems the Neptune Scepter medium pouch design gives me the expression I want without embarrassing the mom and her little tykes.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkherder
For me, it’s a matter of comfort vs. modesty. Where I live, no one wears a swim brief, at least not to the apartment pool. The only competitive swimmers I’ve seen wear the jammer style. So I’m breaking the mold just wearing a brief style suit. The pool rules state “appropriate attire for family setting” whatever that means. I interpret that to mean, don’t make waves.

My favorite suit is the Gary Madjdell contour pouch bikini. It cradles rather than flattens the goods. However, I choose more modest suits for the community pool that flatten things a bit more while not being too uncomfortable, like the funycell swim briefs you can find on amazon or the arena competition style briefs. Speedo and Tyr briefs are a bit too constricting for my taste.

Basically, I try not to draw attention to the bulge, but at the same time I want to be comfortable.
Here's what I would do to counteract the stigma of men wearing speedos in public -especially for athletic swimming.

​I would find videos of swimmers wearing jammers and copy the following message in the comments:

​"​What are those funny looking "Jammer" swim suits about?

They're supposed to be "faster", but's that's just an excuse for men covering their upper legs and nothing but "ritual wear" intended to make a statement against men wearing speedos and short shorts and "looking Gay".

Covering your upper legs won't make hell's worth of difference about your sexuality and those jammers look just plain WEIRD.​"

I call it "reverse speedophobia" and if enough people make a big stink, things will change pretty fast.
Old 06-21-2018, 03:44 PM

Regarding the Jammers and other full body racing suits. Having been deep into the competitive swimming world, I can only say the Jammer adds nothing to speed and is only cosmetic. They are still snug to the groin, so i'm with you Dolphin. they add restriction to leg movement also. The full body suits are supposed to have a tooth in the material that enhances forward movement and give the swimmer a different feel of the water. On an Olympic scale, they may cut some time on the race. Now its a matter of cost versus advantage.

So on the brief suit perspective, how do you, Dolphin, see the brief and its ever present bulge, regardless of size or pouch design? There seems to be a thread of thought about some of us restricting our wearing our briefs in certain settings. I am consistent in all settings with my NS suits. Your thoughts?
Old 06-22-2018, 02:33 AM

Jammers can show "the bulge" just as much -if not more than- briefs.

In fact, I've seen some jammers that have an obvious "pouch" in the groin area that's the equivalent of saying "Guess What's Under Here!!!".
Old 06-22-2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dolphin
Jammers can show "the bulge" just as much -if not more than- briefs.

In fact, I've seen some jammers that have an obvious "pouch" in the groin area that's the equivalent of saying "Guess What's Under Here!!!".
Interesting because once I tried on a pair of jammers and felt nothing but uncomfortable compression. If anyone knows of the brand with a pouch please post it, I would wear them more for the personal thrill not fore swimming.
Old 06-23-2018, 04:06 AM

Jammers suck. Big time. They are horrible to wear and swim in.
As a competitive swimmer for over 45 years now, I wear my Speedo brand briefs to swim my laps daily.
I think the word speedo is misused. Sometimes gets confused with the skimpy little thing that body builders pose in and gay guys prance around in trying to look cute. Or whatever.
We swimmers just swim in them. We don't use any gimmicks to enhance or exaggerate our genitals. We think those who do must be the reason some people hate speedos. When it isn't even Speedos they see.
So I guess gay and proud and showing the bulge is one thing, swimming daily laps for fitness and competition is another. Let's not confuse the two. There is really no similarity, if you look closely and figure it out.
Old 06-23-2018, 08:09 AM

Speedo in America make the 1" Speedo Solar swim bikini, the Speedo Swim Thong and it's colour range has included whites that go transparent.

The 1" Speedo Solar has a front seam, it is therefore a pouched suit, the rear appears to be 3/4 coverage. This makes it qualify as "the skimpy little thing that body builders pose in and gay guys prance around in trying to look cute."
Speedo Solar Review:
http://www.the-bottom-drawer.com/speedos-solar-1-brief/

The Speedo Swim Thong has a front seam and is of course pouched, it is "the skimpy little thing that body builders pose in and gay guys prance around in trying to look cute." and Speedo made it.
Speedo Swim Thong Review:
http://www.the-bottom-drawer.com/speedo-thong-tribute/

For white Speedos just look at these :
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Speedo-Brie...+speedo+briefs

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Speedo-Mens...+speedo+briefs

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Speedo-Swim...+speedo+briefs
One buyer said "The only problem I first noticed was how obvious "the bulge" was. Part of the trick is to not pull them right up, just have them on to where the widest part of your hips are and then it doesn't look like you are smuggling something into the pool."

Then there is always Japanese Speedo which represents everything you dislike:
http://en.kyouei-mizugi.com/product.php?pid=380

Limiting yourself to the Speedo brand seems extreme as there are many other men's swimwear brands making perfectly good briefs of 2" European, 3" American and even 5" cuts.

Wearing 1" swim bikini or a swim thong on a quiet sunny beach is not a "gay" thing, just a desire to feel free and have minimal tan lines.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:02 PM

Yeah I guess I've never seen anything from Speedo that a swimmer wouldn't wear to practice or to a swim meet. I do my shopping at swimoutlet.com because they offer my team a great yearly kickback due to the volume of biz our 60-some swim families do there. If that retailer has a lingerie section I'm not aware of it, I think they deal in athletic gear mainly. Plus we stick to the Speedo brand as it is by far the best quality since it is geared to our sport. The Endurance line is tougher and more durable than anything out there in terms of daily salt water pool use. Their Vanguisher goggles are the mainstay, period. Speedo sponsors our meets too, and in age group and masters swimming we could use all the financial help possible to keep the cost down for members.
And it isn't that I dislike anything, it's just that I think some of the attire discussed and shown here and erroneously called speedos is why the general public kind of cringes at the mention and thought. Were they to actually witness swim competition they might think otherwise. But of course swimming isn't exactly a spectator sport, huh? At a swim meet you do not see guys of any age using gimmicks and gadgets to enhance the appearance of their genitals, nor hear a lot praise of each other's bulge. LOL. Maybe if I were gay and wanting to promote that I'd be all over it but I'm only slightly bi in that I very much appreciate a fine male bod with the swimmer's physique dressed in a swimmer's uniform. I would probably even touch one of legal age if I had the opportunity! Some of the photos here and at another site definitely do fuel that feeling...
Old 06-23-2018, 05:43 PM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchwatch
Speedo in America make the 1" Speedo Solar swim bikini, the Speedo Swim Thong and it's colour range has included whites that go transparent.

The 1" Speedo Solar has a front seam, it is therefore a pouched suit, the rear appears to be 3/4 coverage. This makes it qualify as "the skimpy little thing that body builders pose in and gay guys prance around in trying to look cute."
Speedo Solar Review:
http://www.the-bottom-drawer.com/speedos-solar-1-brief/

The Speedo Swim Thong has a front seam and is of course pouched, it is "the skimpy little thing that body builders pose in and gay guys prance around in trying to look cute." and Speedo made it.
Speedo Swim Thong Review:
http://www.the-bottom-drawer.com/speedo-thong-tribute/

For white Speedos just look at these :
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Speedo-Brie...+speedo+briefs

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Speedo-Mens...+speedo+briefs

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Speedo-Swim...+speedo+briefs
One buyer said "The only problem I first noticed was how obvious "the bulge" was. Part of the trick is to not pull them right up, just have them on to where the widest part of your hips are and then it doesn't look like you are smuggling something into the pool."

Then there is always Japanese Speedo which represents everything you dislike:
http://en.kyouei-mizugi.com/product.php?pid=380

Limiting yourself to the Speedo brand seems extreme as there are many other men's swimwear brands making perfectly good briefs of 2" European, 3" American and even 5" cuts.

Wearing 1" swim bikini or a swim thong on a quiet sunny beach is not a "gay" thing, just a desire to feel free and have minimal tan lines.

Totally agree, torch. I’m not much of a swimmer and more of a sun worshipper, but I wear a variety of styles depending on the pool/beach/lake I’m hanging out at. Nothing to do with my own personal hang ups, just respect the fact that my neighbors probably don’t want to see me strutting around in a thong. Plus I figure if I’m wearing something more conservative, the odds of converting one of these knee-baggers is higher, but we’ll see.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:45 PM
Speedo Member

My moment of "bulge" concern came at about age seven. That is the age that children develop inhibitions about nudity and I was no different. I suddenly realised my dick was on display when other shorts wearing boys started teasing me about it.
I told my mother I wanted to wear shorts but she said no. I was still at an age where my mother could tell me how to dress and she made me wear briefs every time I went swimming. She thought that being embarrassed about the "bulge" was childish behaviour and I would soon grow out of it.
It she was correct because within a few months I was completely comfortable showing my "bulge" and my anti brief phase disappeared never to return.
If my mother had caved in and let me wear shorts I would probably never worn briefs again but instead she had the opposite effect because in her efforts to persuade me to wear briefs she often told me how much she enjoyed wearing just a bikini.
She wanted a boy who was comfortable in a small swimsuit but instead she created a boy who loved small swimsuits.