Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2020, 10:13 PM

I follow a few swimsuit groups on FB. One thing I realized was that, for example, Aussiebum, often they posted sexy masculine male models wearing their swimsuits. The comments below were almost all men. So, you get the idea.

I feel that men, specifically in the U.S., don't want any men to look at them sexually. That's why there's a trend to wear baggy long shorts.

Of course, there may be one in a hundred heterosexual who wants the attention. He then wouldn't be bothered by wearing speedo types for any onlookers.

Of course, there could be one in a hundred heterosexual men who feels swimming in speedo would be normal. May have to do with their upbringing or ethnic background.

Last edited by NJHunkguy : 01-21-2020 at 10:16 PM.
Old 01-24-2020, 06:00 AM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDave
Back in the 60's the TV show 'Batman' was on. Both Robin and Batman wore tights. The networks were concerned about the overt display of the mens' privates. They devised a way to make the tights less revealing by additional inserts and undergarments. The idea of not displaying the males genitals is nothing new. At the end of the last century the speedo was not an uncommon sight by pools or beaches. However, when the gays came out of the closet they seemed to be wearing speedos. It was also the unofficial uniform of the Pride parades. Thus, outside of water ports, Speedos=Gay. As you will notice, most of the speedo wearers are guys that got used to them in the 80's or 90's - before the stigma arrived. Now, even a straight guy in speedos is either assumed gay, ribbed by their friends as being gay or about the size of their bulge or, the worst, get hit on by a gay. The last is a real cinched that he will never wear them again. His masculinity has been challenged. Straights almost all have a pair or two in their drawer, but worn under swim shorts. (occasionally on vacation or by a back yard pool)
It is a fact - a once comfortable and practical swim suit has been labeled Gay. It may change in future decades but as gays seem to like to flaunt themselves in speedos, it isn't likely. The guys that are intent on wearing white unlined speedos or bikini style suits - usually too small - have really sealed the fate of their reputation . Its sad that the few using their over exposed state to use as a way to get laid, or prancing in a parade to announce their gayness have ruined it for the guys that just want the freedom of a brief fitting suit. Whining about it won't change anything. Responsible actions in a speedo when in public is the only way to make them more acceptable.

Couldn’t agree more.
I grew up in extreme rural America where farming was the only way of life. Men and boys wore denim jeans year round regardless of the weather as they were far more practical. We enjoyed swimming in ponds, creeks and water troughs, oftentimes in our birthday suits just to cool off and rinse the hay and tobacco dust from us. The rare occasion we visited a pool we wore baggy swimming trunks or a pair of jersey shorts. Recreation was not a very well understood word or, at least, practiced. Homophobia was a real issue among adolescent boys to the extent some thought it as a disease that was contagious. Naturally, we had gay members within or community but until they became adults and moved away, most of them never truly identified as gay due to the fear of persecution from the very hypocritical Catholic Church congregation which made up the majority of the population. The gay stereotype, as I recall clearly was males wearing short shorts, belly shirts and, course, speedos. We were taught this through our parents and them through their parents.
Now, we do live in a different world and, at least in my community, the strict conservative believes have subsided quite a bit and most are far more accepting of others who choose to live a different lifestyle. To each his or her own as I’ve believed for quite some time. Unfortunately, the stereotype of the wearing of speedos or swim briefs by men is still fairly strong which repels most males from even considering trying a pair on. I do blame this ideology on the fact the gay community so openly flaunts their nearly nude bodies, while donning bikini style swimsuits as they express themselves walking through streets displaying gay pride flags. I have no issues with the gay community whatsoever and am proud my community has finally began accepting them for who they are but when the gay community takes to the streets in the name of gay pride, are they promoting their right to be gay or are they using the marches as an excuse to sexualize the situation?
I really tried my best to word this response in a way that will not offend anyone but express my discontent with some members of the gay community using the swim brief/Speedo/bikini as the most visually persuasive approach to promote gay pride.
Old 01-26-2020, 08:40 AM

Drenalin; they say it takes a whole village to raise a child. Your community told it's gay sons they were not wanted while your church told them they were damned. They fled to the city as soon as they could, some may have killed themselves.
In the city they felt free in anonymity, but when Gay Pride came along they wanted to express themselves in the public eye. The homophobic communities they'd fled from had told them that gay men wore short shorts and cropped shirts or speedos, what better than to dress as they'd be stereotyped when standing up in the public eye.
Now a new generation of gay men and lesbians go on the Pride Parades and they no longer need to dress stereotypically. They dress normally yet the communities from which they fled are still thinking in terms of gay men at Pride Parades flaunting themselves in public.

You are reading this on a computer, the operating parameters of your computer were created by Alan Turin, a gay man driven to suicide by a homophobic culture. His efforts broke the German Enigma Code making it possible for freedom and democracy to return to the world. A few gay boys in speedos prancing about in Pride Parades 20 years ago shouldn't upset you, nor should it put you off wearing your own speedos for swimming and sunbathing.
Old 01-27-2020, 08:28 AM
Speedo Member

Torchwatch, the gay community have every right to express themselves in whatever attire they feel gets their message across. Regardless of their actions I will never refrain from wearing swim briefs how and when I choose. I’ve accepted them for who they are and am perfectly comfortable wearing what I want despite the long lasting stereotypes of conservative America. I am one of many from communities across the country similar to mine who feel my hometown rearings and religious education have proven outdated and, quite frankly, wrong.
If I’m not mistaken, and it’s possible I am, this forum was created to promote the wearing of swim briefs for all men despite sexual orientation. To really break the ice and make a proactive attempt to persuade the anti-swim brief community speedos can and are acceptable to be worn by them, is it not appropriate to discuss the the root of their reasoning for resisting?
I understand the frustration and internal yearning to be accepted by society when you are struggling with self happiness while society points their noses up at your lifestyle decisions. I understand the rejection and depression a person would feel just to be considered normal. Therefore, I do understand the ‘over the top’ and ‘let’s shove it down your face’ mentality of the gay community taking to the streets using speedos as a strong visual reference. I get it. But, regardless of whether it was a smart choice or not, the fact that the gay community caused irreparable damage to straight men and their perception of swim briefs cannot be denied. I overcome this problem by self confidence and a bit of a rebellious attitude. Others, however will never reach that point as I have or be convinced otherwise due to the stereotypical images from the gay community.
Old 01-27-2020, 08:23 PM
Speedo Member

I don't know whether it's an Australia thing only, but it has been noticed that sometimes fathers in Australia start wearing speedos once they start taking their children to the beach/pool. Commentators have suggested that it is an attitude of "I don't care if I get ridiculed, I am going to wear the best possible swimwear for water activities just in case I need to save my child". However, I think that the mindset is more "Everybody can see I have a child, therefore everybody knows I am not gay, therefore I can wear the most comfortable swimwear there is without getting homophobic comments". Unfortunately in Australia, wearing speedos has become associated with the gay community, and many are too concerned about their image and the (predominantly undeservedly) negative attitudes towards gay people, for them to be comfortable in sensible swimming attire. I didn't wear speedos where I might have been seen by people I knew until after I was married.
Old 01-28-2020, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dolphin
I've strongly suspected this jammer swim suit and knee length shorts phenomenon is really some kind of subliminal propaganda tool intended to promote more heterosexuality.

I doubt it's intended to actually promote heterosexuality, but rather afraid of being labelled as gay or turn people away. These types of people seem to think an article of clothing determines one's sexuality.
Old 02-07-2020, 12:13 PM

On a summer day with my wife wearing a bikini, I can't see myself sweating in board shorts. A minimal thong with a tight yet still comfortable pouch is my preferred attire. My wife supports me when I wear one in public.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My bikini.jpg (56.0 KB, 122 views)

Last edited by Glenda : 02-07-2020 at 12:31 PM.
Old 02-07-2020, 04:30 PM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenda
On a summer day with my wife wearing a bikini, I can't see myself sweating in board shorts. A minimal thong with a tight yet still comfortable pouch is my preferred attire. My wife supports me when I wear one in public.
If only everyone's wife was so supportive!
Old 02-07-2020, 05:15 PM

is your wife topless in that picture?!?!?! if so need a full shot of the two of you together. front and back!
Old 02-07-2020, 07:12 PM

I don't consider my not wearing of a shirt as topless, neither should my wife, or anyone else that sees me without a shirt. Now that would be a double standard if she didn't wear a shirt and was considered topless.

Last edited by Glenda : 02-07-2020 at 10:42 PM.