Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Would you run in speedos?
I do already. 18 45.00%
Yes. 6 15.00%
Might. 12 30.00%
No. 4 10.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-2011, 09:43 PM

Default Running in Speedos

Would you run in your speedos?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg run1.jpg (74.5 KB, 203 views)
File Type: jpg run2s.jpg (71.4 KB, 178 views)
Old 12-22-2011, 09:48 PM

Default 2 more examples

Two more examples.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg run3s.jpg (71.7 KB, 148 views)
File Type: jpg run4.jpg (71.9 KB, 142 views)
Old 12-23-2011, 12:53 AM

Default fitness guys

To be with the first two would be a pleasure for me
(but in a comparison would be an embarrassment I fear)
Old 12-23-2011, 01:19 AM

If it's on a college campus, the speedo run around the atheltic field would be just great.

I just swim in speedos, but for running I just wear pre 90s style gym shorts. However here in San Francisco, I notice a lot of guys (about 50%) out running on the water front in marathon style short shorts.

BTW, I'm think about organizing a Speedofest by placing an ad on Craigslist.Com and telling guys that on a certain date (usually a Saturday) they should go swimming in speedos and running in marathon shorts.

CD

Last edited by California Dolphin : 12-23-2011 at 01:22 AM.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:34 AM

Default short and shorter

LOL - looks like the organisers were expecting those marathon shorts with the race number given to the fourt h guy.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:16 AM

I run in swim briefs at the beach all the time. Love the feel of being almost naked and the way the suit allows me to move freely. I do all my triahlons in briefs, but few triathletes still do. As for shorts, i only wear small inseam full side split. Yes they still make them.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:50 AM

Default Running in Speedos

I'm a pretty serious runner, and live in a very running friendly town. Wearing the right thing at the right time for the right reason can create a great run. A couple times each summer, that means a Speedo trail run in the local hills or bike paths.

Head off down the trail in nothing but a Speedo (no emergency coverup shorts). You meet up with someone, they will see and have opinions. My results are that if you are buff and confident, everyone checks to the power.
- If you set a higher athletic standard than they subscribe to, you get to determine what is cool to wear. Lardos don't get to vote.
- If you're the lardo due to lack of training consistency, don't wear the Speedo!

I've been both places and use Speedos as part my inspiration to stay fit: If my body doesn't deserve a Speedo or skintight Lycra I don't get to wear it.
(except to swim laps where applying that rule would mean less swimming and a downhill spiral. I honestly don't understand trying to swim laps in anything else no matter what you look like.)

Last edited by Lap Counter : 12-23-2011 at 02:40 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:16 PM

It was my last day in France, I'd got back to Boulogne close to the ferry port and had been round the hypermarket to get some brief French underwear including a silky black thong. Stocked up with food I drove down to the beach and parked facing the sea and began to eat. It had been a good trip, I'd driven to Brittany and back, seen the Valley of No Return and the ancient stones of Carnac, I had swum both in a lake and in the ocean. I tasted the cheese, a little sausage, some fresh French bread and then a bit of salad, perhaps a litlle more cheese etc.
What better way to wait for a boat than to eat good food and watch the sun sink into the sea. Then the runner came past, dressed only in grey brown squarecuts that complimented his tan, he ran along the sea wall looking relaxed and confident as if he belonged there. He had appeared suddenly and it didn't take long for him to run out of sight but he had made the evening memorable and complete.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:06 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to snakestone91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lap Counter

Head off down the trail in nothing but a Speedo (no emergency coverup shorts). You meet up with someone, they will see and have opinions. My results are that if you are buff and confident, everyone checks to the power.
- If you set a higher athletic standard than they subscribe to, you get to determine what is cool to wear.

I totally agree.
I always run in a speedo if it's warm enough + have for years.
Most people are totally cool with it + treat you with respect if you are fit + confident enough.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:11 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to snakestone91

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimTeamSpeedo
I run in swim briefs at the beach all the time. Love the feel of being almost naked and the way the suit allows me to move freely. I do all my triahlons in briefs, but few triathletes still do.

Yeah, I still rock the old-skool triathlon kit too.
Feels way more comfortable + natural.
Looks cool too + shows people that yer a serious athlete.