Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2014, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchwatch
The Homosexual Agenda 14 Aug 2011
By C. Welker - Published on Amazon.com

"For those who don't believe there's a homosexual agenda, I would ask you to do some historical research. Fifty years ago, homosexuals were "in the closet" because they knew if they were to come out, they risked ridicule and perhaps their very lives.

Along came the Sixties and Seventies and the Sexual Revolution that pushed the "if you're not with the one you love, love the one you're with" idea. Suddenly, promiscuous behavior included anything and everything, including homosexuality. "Gay" parades in places like San Francisco brought out scantily-dressed people writhing through the streets sporting spiked collars and black lipstick insisting the world should accept them as "normal.""

There appears to be some serious homophobic anti speedo hatred here.

Torchwatch,

I'm very well aware that homophobia is a serious issue and I didn't mean to offend by making light of it. And to clarify, I proposed that as a joke and did not refer to it as a "speedo hate contest." That being said, I don't think the gay parades with scantily clad, outrageously made up men add anything positive to the movement; rather I think they detract from it. And those who happen to be wearing speedos as part of their costume then reinforce the belief that only gay men wear speedos. They just feed into the stereotypes that homophobes have about gays.

The outrageous and ridiculous part of "only gay men wear speedos" is that it is just plain silly, and sometimes humor reduces a contentious issue to the point of it being ludicrous. I think that by constantly examining the issue in such detail, the false assumptions are dignified rather than ignored. I don't want to appear to be seeing this simplistically, but, if someone wants to wear a speedo, then wear it and the hell with others think or assume about you. And whether speedo wearers are gay, bi, or straight, they pay taxes, marry in 17 states and DC, have families, etc., like everybody else. That appears to me to be pretty normal.

D67
Old 08-18-2014, 03:20 AM

Default funny thing

I always found that gay guys in speedos tended to be gay, straight guys in speedos tended to be straight. Lets not get our strings in a knot. D67's humor was just that...a fun diversion.

Last edited by SwimTeamSpeedo : 08-18-2014 at 04:58 PM.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:37 AM

Default typecasting...

I think the "here" of Tw's post needs clarification as belonging to wanker Welker's opinions as quoted - or to the "here" of this forum.
I must say misunderstandings might be avoided if we did not see the apparent smug chumminess of STS and Dooley on a surreal joke about the magic powers
of waistcords with poof in them. (vide Queen Victoria: "We are not amused")
Old 08-18-2014, 03:40 AM

Byron, Yup...we are chums. A relationship you do not understand. Once again your powerful brain was overpowered by your insulting personality.

Btw, the quote ends before the final sentence if TW's grammar is correct.

Last edited by SwimTeamSpeedo : 08-18-2014 at 03:45 AM.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:02 AM

Bryon,

I think you are making a mountain out of molehill with the joke. I like STS and Dooley67 they are my friends. I believe the joke was told for a laugh nothing more.

Shaulis

Last edited by shaulis : 08-18-2014 at 08:53 PM.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:03 AM

Default so what?

Tw's grammar is correct and he simply indicates when he has stopped quoting Welker (the double quote mark in fact indicates he has been meticulous in that respect).
Old 08-18-2014, 12:25 PM

Cool Lighten up

Byron,

It appears that my effort to clarify my intent and even offering a mea culpa if I offended anyone fell on deaf ears in favor of making the mountain out of a mole hill as shaulis wrote. And what does the "apparent smug chumminess" of STS and Dooley have to do with any of this? If some folks chose to pick up on my humor and continue it, that's their prerogative. I believe that Bede also made a contribution to the humor as well. There needs to be a place for humor on this forum; not everything has to be serious.

You know, a joke is just that, a joke, and sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar. Just lighten up Byron.

D67
Old 08-18-2014, 08:19 PM

Default rugby news

Matching post#64 to #68 the England Women's Rugby team has just scored over Canada in the Finals and so are now World Champions (in short shorts and with some fine legs).
Old 08-19-2014, 04:07 PM

Lightbulb lit up

(in response to post#77)
Old 08-19-2014, 11:07 PM

Default Swim!

I think that the best way to get guys comfortable in wearing speedos is to get them to swim-preferably doing laps. Everything points to a brief suit as being the thing to wear when trying to optimise performance. If you get to wearing them in the pool you will gradually feel more at "home" in them-starting with your time in the pool area, locker room and walking between them. At times I have jumped out of the pool and gone to the parking lot in them to check the meter. As for washing windows at home and vehicles it may seem a little strange to others as it would if you went shopping. You gotta have shorts with pockets for that! I really feel for guys that continue to be shy about wearing them because they feel so great. Nude is of course better but that would be a little over the top-maybe 20 years from now. I continue to wear mostly Caussies and Turbos-each are somewhat different.but enjoyable. If you can't swim take a few lessons and begin by wearing speedos it shows your dedication and the instructors-guy our girl will understand. I have found that female instructors have a lot more patience with you and will be wearing a suit as brief as yours! Do It.