Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2014, 01:29 PM

Default IU Purdue Swimming and Diving Meet

I was watching the Purdue vs IU swimming and diving meet on what must be the Big Ten Network on an obscure BTN cable channel. All the guys were in briefs for both swimming and diving.

The Purdue guys usually wore simple black briefs but the IU guys were mainly in briefs with wide vertical red-and-white stripe suits, maybe 3/4 inch stripes. No jammers at all... IU won the meet but Purdue won the big relay as the last event. Purdue is my alma mater.

Everyone looked great!

Sebbie
Old 02-09-2014, 03:28 PM

the event sounds great. but unfortunately I couldn't find videos on youtube.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:38 PM

Keep watching at this link

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5FEA5A7F6D81DA88

they have preview interviews with some of the participating Purdue swimmers but since the event was live yesterday the videos of the meet on BTN arent up yet. I susoect they will be
Old 02-09-2014, 05:54 PM

I'm not surprised that you saw the guys in race briefs. I have noticed the trend over the few years at the high school level has been back to briefs, a little more each year. In fact, I posted last year that the team I coach was jammer-less for the first time in years. This year I have two guys who do jammers, but they are getting prodded by the other guys to switch back to briefs. I think the end of the long leg and full body tech suits might have part to do with it. Also, swimmers like Ryan Lochte, Michael Phelps and Diver Tom Delay, who are very comfortable and confident in briefs might also be a driver. At the college level, I don't think briefs ever really went totally out of appeal, many of the best swimmers hate the feel of the lycra grabbing their legs. In the end, however, it is about the suit that will help produce the best time, and at the college level every bit helps in a close event. I am jealous of a swim meet on TV. The best we had in college was the occasional photo spread on the sports page.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:13 PM

I was at the Navy/Penn State meet last weekend - all the guys except maybe 2 wore brief suits. This is not unusual - college guys almost all wear brief racing suits for their in-season meets against another school. However, the next few weeks will be the meets that REALLY matter - the conference championships (Big Ten, Pac-10, SEC, ACC, etc.), and I guarantee you nearly all the guys will race in jammer suits. Why? It has nothing to do with 'modesty' - the longer suits cover more of your skin with that super-slick, super-fast fabric, and encasing the upper legs in the jammers supports the thigh muscles so they don't get tired as quickly (this told to me by a college swimmer a few years ago).
Old 02-09-2014, 06:58 PM

Default IU candy stripes

http://grandmaskitchentable.typepad....0185970d-800wi
Old 02-09-2014, 11:37 PM

yes, exactly
Old 02-10-2014, 12:51 AM

Byron -- thats a very nice pic you posted the link to
Old 02-10-2014, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbie
Keep watching at this link

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5FEA5A7F6D81DA88

they have preview interviews with some of the participating Purdue swimmers but since the event was live yesterday the videos of the meet on BTN arent up yet. I susoect they will be

thanks for the link sebbie
Old 02-10-2014, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron

yeah, very nice suits!