Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2013, 02:23 AM

Default Hurricane Harbor Speedos?

Has anyone ever had any troubles in speedos at Hurricane Harbor, TX? I've read all of their policies and rules, and I've been able to find a few pics of guys in speedos there, but nothing concrete.

Thoughts?

I read that some would recommend old ones due to the wear on the suit, but I've got a water polo suit that's pretty thick (double-lined) that I'm going to use Tuesday.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:05 PM

Where is Hurricane Harbour, country, state, county etc.
Give us some information on this location, help those of use in other continents.
It might even be nice there!
Old 07-14-2013, 08:21 PM

Default Good point

Was it Oscar Wilde who said "they are two nations divided by a common language"?
I will attempt my own translation (the one on the computer being unable to cope):

Hurricane Harbor is a chain of US water parks and the one in TX (that's the clue to one of the 52 states of the union and which is called Texas) might be or has been named Six Flags.
I think this question may be likened to Alton Towers or Thorpe Park ie doubts about the acceptability of wearing speedos when visiting - basically: has anyone been chucked out or reprimanded when wearing something too small to comply with management rules?
Old 07-14-2013, 09:30 PM

Default Hurricane....

Torchwatch, the letters TX means the state of texas.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:20 PM

Yes, it's the location in Arlington, TX. Six Flags Hurricane Harbor.

Everyone pretty much got it all right. I just want to make sure I'm not going to get kicked out.
Here's what I'm wearing:
http://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/31671.htm

It's less defining than my Andrew Cristian Avalon Bikini...so I think I'll be ok since it doesn't push everything forward.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:53 AM

Default Six Flags

Looks fine - just wear it* to be different and if there are any comments tell them it's their fault as the construction of the slides makes it necessary for you not to risk your finer fabrics in the park.
You never know - their small print may have omitted a warning to users and they may therefore be liable for damages in a failure of their civic duty (I jest but no grounds for litigation surprise me these days).

*Turbo is always worth seeing but they do have a bull motif on some suits and at a distance I mistake that for the Rio dog.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:23 PM

I love that suit, it will look great on you I'm sure. Turbo makes some great water polo suits! I wore my Turbo 'Orange County' water polo suit while catching some rays today in my back yard, and when swimming at the local college pool last week! You may very well get a few surprised looks since Speedo-style brief suits are outnumbered by droopy board shorts, and maybe a silly teenage girl might giggle, but who cares - wear your suit proudly!
Old 07-15-2013, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmboy
I love that suit, it will look great on you I'm sure. Turbo makes some great water polo suits! I wore my Turbo 'Orange County' water polo suit while catching some rays today in my back yard, and when swimming at the local college pool last week! You may very well get a few surprised looks since Speedo-style brief suits are outnumbered by droopy board shorts, and maybe a silly teenage girl might giggle, but who cares - wear your suit proudly!

I'm used to that by now :P I'm not there to impress any of them anyway.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:27 AM

Thumbs up Turbo

Found it at Huntington Beach (with a friend)
http://farm9.static.flickr.com/8293/...2cd90fbe_m.jpg
Old 07-16-2013, 10:04 AM

Default Six Flags

Only been there once and wore a more conservative suit. At Sis Flags over Texas, did go past the shirts required sign without one when leaving the rapids or flume ride and was almost immediately approached by 2 security guards and was told to put my shirt on!