Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2014, 11:39 PM

Default Fort Lauderdale?

Anyone in the Fort Lauderdale area that could give me more info about it?

I'll be moving there early next year and wanted to see if there were any speedo meetups or events on the beaches/at the pools. Also just general info about the area
Old 10-01-2014, 05:16 AM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by area51tazz
Anyone in the Fort Lauderdale area that could give me more info about it?

I'll be moving there early next year and wanted to see if there were any speedo meetups or events on the beaches/at the pools. Also just general info about the area

Never been i Fort Laurendale but (only driving a car but never at the beach) But fort lauderdale is near to Miami Beach, and in Miami Beach the speedo is very popular.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:44 AM

The International Swimming Hall of Fame is there. http://www.ishof.org/

They host lots of events all year. Not that that makes brief swimwear popular on the beach. I have been there and wore and ran on the beach in a speedo type swimsuit the whole time (like I always do). I recall that there were other guys in speedo type suits, but like most beaches, board shorts were the norm.

Looks like a nice place to live.

STS
Old 10-02-2014, 12:27 AM

I can only speak as a multiple time visitor. Fort Lauderdale is a really nice place. The last three years, I've gone down there as part of a thong wearers' weekend organized by another board. Never had any issues. The board moderator (who regularly jogs the beach), even organized a morning thong run for those so inclined.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:21 AM

I have been there several times - a beautiful city with great beaches. Also a fun place to bike. You do see a few Speedos on the beach - and many at the Hall of Fame pool, which has numerous team practices and events, and the pools are welcoming to visitors who want to swim - most all in Speedos. There is a "gayish" area of the beach - with many Speedos - south of Sunrise Blvd., maybe around Terramar? You will find it if you look. Enjoy Fort Lauderdale!
Old 10-03-2014, 11:55 AM

Fort Lauderdale is a great city to live many bike paths to ride. It's surrounded by colleges and a spring break destination.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:12 PM

The Gay area of the beach is along Sebastian St. I went down there a couple times during my last trip. The number of speedos can vary a lot depending on time, but still higher than the number on the other sections of beach
Old 10-04-2014, 04:29 PM

South Florida seems to have more speedo wears than most public beaches, but it, as always, is the luck of the draw. I have been to South Beach and thongs were in abundance and the next trip its all boardies. Times like Spring Break seem to bring out the college set that are pretty set in the conservative look. Winter vacations often have lot more open minded or free spirited as well as lots of Europeons. Check out the location of the Gay bars -- the beaches closest to them will probably have a larger number of Gays -- ergo: Speedos (PS that works in a lot of places i.e.: Hawaii)