Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2013, 01:04 AM

Default Ideas...

Okay guys, I need an idea for a really awesome and cute, hot suit. I want to break from my competitive swim brief look. I like prints or bold colors. I am not into thongs, but I like narrow sides. I like a tight fit and I am really into a nice looking package. I am 6'2", swimmer build (okay, not as well as college days, but I still got some abs...lol), lean. Any ideas?
Old 05-29-2013, 11:02 AM
Speedo Member

Try Speedo Solar. Great suit, solid colors and has narrow sides. New model out called Shoreline, same cut but has two stripes on each side.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:14 AM

Thanks LIT... I was thinking of that as an option. I actually had one once, several years back just after I ended my college senior season. It was a hot suit. Solars seem to be the mainstay of the narrow side line up. I also looked at some of the Andrew Christian stuff. It is finally getting warm here (I hope) and I am getting the urge for a few hot new suits.

Glad to see you back on here.

STS
Old 05-29-2013, 01:54 PM
Speedo Member

Try bodyaware.com
Old 05-29-2013, 03:45 PM

Default suits

I wish I could state the name of the fabric of some years past as used on Jantzen bikini cut suits.
There was a rubberised content I believe but far more substantial than Lycra and what a fit ! (a firm stretch and not a floppy stretch if you see what I mean).
I have never found a suit as good since, despite being a fan of Speedo and/or Mizuno leather-look.
The fabric had as I recall a surface which was slightly dimpled or honeycombed.
That is about all I can remember and the occasional look through Ebay has unfortunately not shown up one for sale to date.

(ditto to LIT)
Old 05-29-2013, 05:09 PM

The ultimate narrow sided suits are the men's string bikinis, the sides are simply 12mm elastic covered in the Lycra fabric of your choice. With a pouch front and a reasonably full back, if you have the goods then people will notice you and look twice. If the front is unlined maybe they will look a third time. Not having a draw string this suit is unsuitable for diving but should stay up in the water with nothing popping out.

My favourite suit of all times looked like a speedo from the front or back but the sides were styled on split sided running shorts. Instead of rounding off at 1"-3" side seam the front and back of this suit angled in and crossed, being seamed off at the angle of the front fabric over the rear just below the hip bones. i loved the styling of that suit, it looked so sharp, it was black with red and white piping that emphasised the cut.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:35 PM

STS - I like the look of the water polo suits sold by places such as Monsterpolo and Turbo. I've found the suits are not real good for fast lap swimming - they are rather low-cut, and for some reason don't quite cover the very top of my 'butt crack', so water seems to sneak in there when I flip-turn off the wall. But they have narrower sides (about 2.0-2.5 inches) and come in some amazing colors and patterns, and are nice for easy swimming and tanning!
Old 05-29-2013, 11:44 PM

Default Turbo suits rock....

Hi Swimmboy, I love the Turbo suits and ordered my first pairs this year. Got a cool white print and the English Bulldog. They have an awesome fit and love the narrower cut. I have never tried the Monsterpolo stuff. I think I could swim hard (no pun intended) in the Turbo suits... and they will certainly work for open water (which is my Summer swim of choice). I am thinking a little more "skimpy" for hanging out on the deck or on the boat/waverunner...
Old 05-30-2013, 11:05 AM

http://www.internationaljock.com/las...avy,45042.html

I have these in a few colors. The sides are really narrow and it fits great!
Old 06-01-2013, 02:06 PM
Speedo Member

I havent been on here in a loooong time. Life got in the way... But, STS, I think you should look into womens bikini bottoms from Roxy and Victorias Secret. They fit amazingly well, and can be had for a couple dollars a piece. Plus they come in a wide array of colors styles and prints.

See my thread I started a while ago. I had a ton of pics in it of a few bikini bottoms I regularly wear out to the pools because I dont like the baggy full bottom look of the mens suits. www.swimoutlet.com is a great place to find some deals as is ebay. Since you like the tight fit I would reccomend Victorias Secret bottoms in a size Small and the Roxy bottoms in a Medium (They run a little smaller).

Here is my thread a while ago

http://www.mensswimsuitboard.com/for...read.php?t=357

Last edited by notmyj : 06-01-2013 at 02:08 PM.