Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2013, 01:25 PM

Default Very Important To Skinnykid

TORCHWATCH SUGGESTED TO ME A SWIMWEAR COMPANY CALLED SPORTSDIRECT.COM (CLOSE TO HIS HOME KENT IN THE UK, THEY HAVE EXTREMELY CHEAP (NOT QUALITYBUT PRICES)
HE GOT FOR ME A FEW slazenger suits at less then $5.00 US EXCELLENT QUALITY GOOGLE sportsdirect.com.
the prices are in british pounds, and they also have all kinds of jammers at very cheat prices , you who requested a free suit here on the board are suggested to check there web site.
BTW I DID SEND YOU A FREE SUIT SOME TIME AGO AND ASKED YOU VIA EMAIL IF YOU GOT IT OR NOT, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
fOR BETTER INFO I SUGGEST THAT YOU ASK TORCHWATCH FOR BETTER INFO HE AS A SPEEDO LOVER AS WE ARE WILL IM SURE ASSIST YOU.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:45 PM

Default and......

...if you want to know what their stock is which might be suitable, Email cs@sportsdirect.com
Old 05-18-2013, 10:14 PM

Brian, did you see these?

http://www.sportsdirect.com/slazenge...rs-mens-352074

At £5 I could sew in cycle padding and convert them to a triathlon short.

Could do the same to these to make a triathlon padded swim brief, £2-50 is the lowest price I have seen a swimming brief in a shop.
http://www.sportsdirect.com/swim-swi...fs-mens-359122

Could cycle into town and buy them any day after work.

Last edited by Torchwatch : 05-18-2013 at 10:21 PM.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:28 PM

Sports Direct started by buying up out of date stock, ie last years fashions, then they started to buy the Brands that were well known but doing badly. Since they own Slazenger they have gone into swimming clothing and chose their own prices to undercut the competition.

The stores tend to look like jumble sales with heaps of stock moving fast.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:53 PM

Default cheap at SD

Will they have used up JJB's stock now too ?

No - didn't see Slazenger jammers and can only say amazing.
Gobsmacked on H20 suit also - but drawback may be no drawstring.
(couldn't resist that)
Old 05-19-2013, 02:56 AM
Speedo Member

wow these prices are so cheap! It seems like it only ships to UK address. Is this true?
Louis, I have emailed you. Sorry for the delay.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:04 AM

Draw strings can be added by working a cord through the top of the suit, annoying and hard work but possible.

For companies that do not mail to USA or that use rip off overseas mail prices it is best to get a "local" to buy the garment and mail it to you as a "gift". Some recompense is desirable. Use the private message facility on the board if you want to talk about this.

It may cost a few dollars to mail from UK to USA not the £10 or £20 often advertised for international postage and packing.

The Chinese seem to be able to sell us stuff "postage free" for less that the price of UK to UK mail, somewhat hard to explain.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:31 PM
Speedo Member

Has anyone ordered from these people before? I hope the quality is okay. Cycling apparel are usually expensive and this is really cheap.

Torchwatch, are you willing to "gift" a jersey? I will pay for the costs.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:23 PM

I went to Sports Direct in Rochester, Kent, UK this morning and found the £5 Slazenger jammers in navy blue but couldn't find the £2-50 swim briefs. Although it is a big store with loads of stock the mail order warehouse always has more. I did find the £5 Slazenger swim briefs in the same navy blue as the jammers. I went crazy and bought the jammers and the briefs in size small 30".

The jammers have a waist cord and no elastic in the leg end hems. They are made from 6 panels which is ideal for this project although the side panels are narrow.

I intend to make a cycle pad for the jammers and to sew it in, making them into triathlon shorts. I may do the same with the briefs.

If Skinnykid wants I will mail them to him on a send me some expenses or burn them basis.

What kind of a jersey do you want, Sports Direct have cycle jerseys and running vests at low prices on their website. What do you want to slip on after the swim section to cycle and run in?
Old 05-19-2013, 10:49 PM
Speedo Member

I was looking at
http://m.sportsdirect.com/mt/www.spo...n_jtt_redirect

It seems like a decent jersey. I'm not too picky on jeresies. Do you take money over PayPal?