Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2013, 06:26 PM
Speedo Member

Default What's up with these suits I bought on ebay

O.K I just received 2 speedo suits I bought on ebay and both of them are have very thin material and the lining is different than what I'm used to.Its strange that both suits are different styles but made the same,I'm not happy with them as they are very (worn droopy) like when They become chlorine worn,But they appear to be new.One has the new tag,Both are 34" and would normally be tight on me.I don't know if these are some overseas style or something, but I've had many suits and I've never worn this type.The Blue speedo is similar in material to a nike type of suit and I thought the endurance suit was made of a stiffer material,Don't know.Maybe someone has some insight on this and Here are the links to my auction,Also the tags say made in china and the blue suit is 80% nylon 20% Elastane whatever that is and now I notice the seller listed as Lycra/nylon (which is wrong).
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181133955381?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181133951532... 4.m1423.l2649

Last edited by skippy : 05-17-2013 at 12:59 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:21 PM

Default droopy

Not sure whether there is a false description there as different words are sometimes used for the same man-made fibres.
A little danger sign for the blue suit is "size 34 - fits 36 "
A shame that you should end up with apparent poor quality as so many users love their Endurance.

Elastane or Spandex (created from "expand" and the preferred name in North America) was invented in 1959 and its chemistry is a polyurethane-
polyurea copolymer - also known as Lycra (DuPont)(or was).
Many "Lycras" seem to me to be paper-thin so no doubt the fabric's blending counts
for a lot and there are many here who say "only nylon satisfactory for me".
Old 05-16-2013, 09:34 PM
Speedo Member

Him stating the 34" fits like a 36" didn't bother me as a normal speedo in size 34" is a little squashed for me,But the blue speedo looks and feels like a nike,It has that rubbery feel but a new nike suit has strength to it as this is very thin and grossly revealing,And to be honest I never Actually bought a Endurance suit,but I assume it is tougher and not so thin,and that fits like a 36" as well.So why are both these suits similar and thin??? The tags have a price in english pounds so are there different materials used in other countries??They are made by speedo.

Last edited by skippy : 05-17-2013 at 02:05 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:19 PM

Speedo Endurance should be made from : Fabric: 80% Polyamide 20% Elastane.
A Speedo Lycra suit should be made from a Polyester/ Elastane mix, not a nylon/Lycra mix.
The Speedo Swoosh should have the word Speedo above it, to me it looks wrong.
The Speedo text logo on the rear of the suits looks correct but is not often used.

With Speedos you may downsize but never upsize.

Another board member has complained about a low quality Speedo Endurance suit recently.

If these are genuine Speedo products there should be a little Speedo label between the 2 white labels showing size, care instructions and materials.
The back of this little Speedo label shows a bar code and a number.
The 2 genuine suits in my hand have the numbers: 00420 63092 (Filpturn Kapow, made in China), and 00300 85080 ( a suit from Australia made in Thailand).
These numbers relate to the factory where the garment was made.
If you suits don't have this label and numbers in this format then they are fakes.

A British Speedo Endurance should look like this: http://www.simplyswim.com/products/S...ief-Black.aspx

While the USA version is like this:http://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/7884.htm?color=9325 (watch the video)

Last edited by Torchwatch : 05-16-2013 at 11:36 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:48 AM
Speedo Member

Thanks Torchwatch for this info and take a look at the pictures and tell me what you think,Also look at the sizing tag then the store outer tag and compare numbers.This is from the black endurance suit,but blue suit does have the inner bar code tag too.

Inner Bar code tag (endurance)

Supposed Boomerang stitched

Sizing Tag (endurance)

Store Tag (endurance)

Last edited by skippy : 05-17-2013 at 02:08 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:40 AM

Thumbs down genuine ?

Yes look fake to me - the Speedo boomerang is wrong as Torchwatch says.
(it's not Swoosh - that's Nike)
Old 05-17-2013, 02:02 AM
Speedo Member

Maybe I can get a refund from seller if possible,A few more people to confirm these are fake and I will ask,Just want to make sure.

Last edited by skippy : 05-17-2013 at 02:07 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:36 AM

Default some oddities

Yes, some misrepresentation I think (seller in Chicago?).
Both suits are supposed to be 34" but one label says 30".
Australian size is 14 but the metric quoted for the waist
must be the same as France as metrication is universal.

French size translations are a cm out but that may be arguable.
White tag in leg seam is unreadable so not sure about that.
ENDURANCE seems to be in the wrong place and bum logo has
only one example on the internet.
The nearest design seems to be Speedo Endurance Bum Logo
Brief from Australia's David Jones stores (davidjones.com/au)
Old 05-17-2013, 05:39 AM
Speedo Member

I'm starting to lean more towards they are fake,I did some googling on counterfeit speedos and came up with how to spot fakes on the ebay buying guides but it is for jammers.Pretty much same applies to them as for the briefs,Loose material strange logo wrong size ect.I'm waiting to hear back from seller.I did see 2 other sellers with the same logo placement and they are in Bangkok,Thailand.

Last edited by skippy : 05-17-2013 at 05:44 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:33 PM
Speedo Member

From a guy that has quite of bit of experience with speedos, I think it's fake...