Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2016, 04:07 PM

Default What your underwear choice says about your personality

I found this article interesting, and for the most part spot on
https://www.thrillist.com/sex-dating...ar-personality

Could we do something similare for your choice of swimwear? I gather Boxer guys are mostly board shorts guys, and tighty whitey guys by extension would at least consider wearing a swim brief. Will thong underwear guys wear thong swimwear? good question!
Old 12-14-2016, 05:20 PM

If a man were to write this about women's underwear he would be called a sexist. She is making wide generalisations without reference to any real evidence.
In the UK boxer shorts were a joke that only comedians wore when they expected to drop their trousers in a farce until the late 1980's. Nearly everyone wore briefs or Y fronts until this time. Old age pensioners were rumoured to wear long thermal trunks in winter (boxer briefs standard long) and the Damart adverts on TV made every laugh.
The wearing of thongs and jock straps as everyday underwear is so unusual as to allow the author the opportunity to insult and humiliate those few men that do without risk of comeback.
So I suggest her piece to be poorly researched and inaccurate prejudice and certainly not relevant to the UK. Perhaps she should seek alternative employment.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:29 PM

Complete rubbish. I don't have an outgoing personality but I wear brief underwear - because I find it the most comfortable. Simple as that.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:26 PM
Speedo Member

Not sure if I believe that but it's a funny read.
I wear all kinds of undies. I've got tiny bikini briefs and square cut briefs. I wear jock straps at the gym but also as every day wear. I've really been into tangas lately too. I like them as low as possible and as small a pouch as I can get. There's also a good stack of regular y-front briefs Ike I've been wearing since I was a kid. I've tried boxers once but never again!

I guess the main theme is briefs but I don't think it tells you anything about my personality.
Old 12-16-2016, 02:48 PM

Editor: "deadline is in an hour and I need 400 words to wrap around an ad, now!"
Result: Another unresearched stupid space-filling article not worthy of reading.

Next up: the author's unresearched stupid space-filling article with her opinion of why or why not you should wear your Speedo in public.
Old 12-16-2016, 04:04 PM
Speedo Member

Default What a load of tosh!

What a load of rubbish! Or maybe I am just NOT normal! Obviously I do not fit into this mould.
I used to wear thongs and tangas in my younger day, now bikini type briefs. I wear what I find is comfortable for me, not to send out a personality picture. I am sure that most guys are the same.
I suspect that for a lot of guys, decisions on underwear are dictated by what is available in the stores, and here in the UK, most stores stock mainly boxers and boxer trunks with only a small selection of briefs. Most guys hate shopping and will grab virtually the first suitable thing on the shelves, rather than searching for hours for items that they really want, or are ideal for them.
Old 12-16-2016, 05:23 PM

Default I thought...

I thought this article was more than a little tongue-in-cheek and great fun. I thought she was going to try and use underwear preference as a indicator of sexuality that women could use in dating but that is not where she ended up, leaving the impression that thong wearers likely were just as interested in women as boxer shorts wearers were.

I have my own theories about sexuality and underwear choice.

For example, let the number P be the probability that a guy is straight or gay, with possible values lying on a continuous scale that goes from 0 to 1, with 0 indicating a guy who considers himself to be perfectly gay and 1 indicating a guy who considers himself to be perfectly straight.

A second possibility is that P indicates the ODDS or probability that a guy who wears a particular style of underwear that is is associated with sexuality.

So, let's line up the underwear styles from big and sloppy to tinyist and tightest. That list then goes something like this

Boxer shorts
Boxer Briefs
Standard size fly cotton briefs (tighty whiteys)
Bikini Briefs lacking a fly
String Bikinis..
Thongs

As one moves on this list from top to bottom, there may be both straight and gay guys wearing any of the listed styles. HOWEVER, moving from top to bottom of the list, P drops from a number close to 1 at the top (Most boxer shorts wearers are perfectly straight)to a number close to zero at the bottom (most thong wearers are perfectly gay).

Note that my scheme permits guys of any particular sexuality to wear any style of underwear they want. A FEW perfectly straight guys may elect to wear thongs on a regular basis but the odds that the guy wearing a thong is perfectly straight is much lower than the odds for a guy wearing boxer shorts. Conversely, among the boxer-shorts wearing guys, the odds of being gay are much lower than the odds of being straight, and P is not 1 but close to 1 for the boxer shorts guys.

The other styles fall somewhere in the middle with P gradually declining from top to bottom of the list.

I know some of you are going to attack me on my theory in part by claiming you are straight but love to wear thongs or gay but prefer boxer shorts. So be it. I'm used to that and for the most part do not get offended. Besides, my theory allows for exceptions in any underwear type category.

It USED to be that tighty whiteys were nearly a "uniform" for guys who thought of themselves as straight--at least that was true when I was a teen. In recent years, this may have been replaced largely by loose-fitting boxer shorts with tighty whitey teens often getting teased and bullied for being gay given their snugger-fitting underwear choice.

All of this is close to a topic I am very interested in, that is, of course, whether a fascination for wearing skimpy snug-fitting underwear and other snug-fitting clothing (and maybe a desire for having jerk-off sessions in the same) says something about a guy's sexuality. Maybe? or Maybe not!

Comments?

Just Sebbie being Sebbie

Last edited by sebbie : 12-16-2016 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:06 PM

I found the story entertaining, albeit not scientific or full of shocking revelations. I do not think underwear choice tells us about a guys personality, sexuality or a guys swimwear choice.

My best friend back in my swim team days wore standard boxers, the old fashion baggy kind. He loved wearing brief cut swimsuits, his style of choice both on the team and recreational. He was straight.

I have another friend who wears the sexiest slight underwear, thongs, etc. He would not be caught dead in a swimsuit other than board shorts. He was straight.

As for myself, I wear everything from boxer briefs to squarecuts to pouch style bikni cut underwear. Whatreally drives myunderwear choice is whatI am wearing over it. Boxer briefs when I wear long pants, seamless sports briefs under jeans, square cuts or bikinis under shorts (or a swimsuit under shorts).

As for sexuality, I think gay guys are more ikely to wear sexier, skimpier cut undies, but style of undies does not equal sexual preference, in my opinion.
Old 12-17-2016, 01:01 PM

I keep encountering new and interesting combinations to enjoy. My usual underwear is a pair of tighty whiteys and I like to wear either skinny or super skinny jeans over. But I have lots of other stuff too. Today is somewhat cold, so I decided to slip a pair of Starter steel gray compression shorts over my Jockey brand fly tighty whiteys. Then over that I put on my Hollister button fly super skinny jeans. Wow does that combination feel good today. I especially like the feel of the really snug Hollister jeans rubbing against the feel of the compression shorts firmly gripping my thighs...Just getting all buttoned into the Hollisters in itself is fun to do.

On other days I will wear a strap with or without a cup over the tighty whiteys, depending on how I am feeling that day, and them pull skinny jeans or sometimes running tights over the top of all of that. I am forever dreaming up new combinations of stuff to try.

Does the fact that I enjoy messing with myself this way make me odd or strange? Does all of this have something to do with my sexuality, whatever that is? Interesting questions for sure.

Does any of this make sense? .It all makes perfect sense to me for sure! I think women would merely be stumped by all of it. Maybe many men as well...Is this something any guy would admit to enjoying to either another guy or a female other? hmmm...the answer to that question might be helpful in determining where the Dylan, Josh story line goes.

All the best...
Sebbie...
Old 01-30-2017, 02:24 AM

I wear whatever makes me feel confident and sexy. I like most styles of underwear including trunks, briefs, bikinis, thongs, jock-straps, and G-strings...pretty much anything other than boxers and boxer briefs. Wearing a certain style of underwear has absolutely nothing to do with who you are as person or reflective of your personality traits. If it did, my choice in underwear might certify me as a schizophreniac. I don't pay much attention to what people tell me what to wear anyways. Underwear, much like fashion, is a personal choice.