Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2012, 07:58 PM

Default shame

Those who do think something about it are often guys with a faith conflict - but good to see that the APA shows some common sense on associated issues:

http://turnipstyle.com/psychologists...aight-therapy/
Old 03-17-2012, 04:30 AM

What? Not sure what the point is of the APA post, but the picture is pretty nice.

Last edited by SwimTeamSpeedo : 03-17-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:46 AM

Lightbulb to explain....

Good - the pic is your compensation for having a post where you would inevitably not see the point * - which is that the APA are thankfully expressing a contemporary view on "deviant" behaviour.

Fetishes and sexual orientation are associated issues as I said and cause guilt and shame to some according to the severity of a religious faith or other beliefs in which they may have been brought up.

The abhorrences of an earlier generation resulted in some pretty awful "cures" being administered for unacceptable "diseases" and so the proclamation of some corrective professional philosophy has been
long overdue to replace the inhumane and senseless strictures which belong in the past - but which can be found all too often in the present unfortunately (the mere fact of Louis asking in a post "are you ashamed?" surely proves the point).

*as with Torchwatch
Old 03-18-2012, 12:01 PM

Agree Byron. Ill informed often results in illogical conclusions. Like linking one thing to another to which it does not belong. Guys in brief swimsuits being gay is a good example, and the least adverse of these linkings from a gay standpoint. Often it comes from taking some situation and spreading it across an entire spectrum. A guy who was exploring his sexuality (as many young men do) might well have been "cured" by the actions the APA is denouncing. However, the reality is he was probably going to become straight anyway, but then the focus became the "cure."

Back to Louis's point. There are lots of things that people do that one could call fetishes or any other lable. I think liking Speedos or brief swimwear is a pretty harmless affliction (if it even gets to that). You're right, the fact that the question even comes up is a statement.

In the event it is a fetish....I will continue to battle my so called "fetish" by buying as many hot suits as I want, and by swimming, running, cycling,and crunchng the abs so I can keep up with my collection. I think the healthy benefits far outweigh the risks.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:41 AM

Smile fetish

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fetish

The UD is entertaining as usual and comes up with 14 answers (no.2 of which is quite revolting).
Old 03-21-2012, 05:07 AM

First of all, Louis's comment is actually on topic and a good question.

Most people do have "Fetishes" - that is an erotic/sexual fascination with material objects that are related to the male/female body in one way or another and as long as you're not illegally exploiting or endangering anyone, there's nothing to be ashamed about.

I came from a "conservative" family and their thoughts about sexuality were quite restrictive and very prudish to say the least. When I was an early teenager (in the 1960s and 70s), my erotic and sexual thoughts were "All over the road" (both Str8 and Gay) and I was very confused about the true future of my sexuality.

I recall my fascination with taking swimming/W-Polo in my high school P.E. class and I would often J.O. in bed while thinking about being in the pool with 20 other guys almost naked. Despite the pleasurable thoughts and sensations, I was also very uncomfortable with my J.O. to those fanatsies.

However since the internet came along, I was able to share and explore my ideas with others and I now consider myself to be "normal" with regard to my place on the sexuality spectrum.

Getting back on topic, speedos and bikinis have always been at the top of the list of Gay and Str8 fetishes.

Here's a list of my horniest fetishes in order of preference:
Swimming or playing W-Polo in the nude
Swimming or playing W-polo in a speedo
Japanese (in the nude) communal baths or hot tubs
Feet, legs, butts, navels, nipples, necks
Short athletic shorts, tees, and sneakers
Jeans, tees, and sneakers
And possibly something else I haven't discovered yet!!!

CD

Last edited by California Dolphin : 03-21-2012 at 05:11 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:07 PM

The question is excellent and I see it as two sided. First, there are a lot of guys that are really into speedos and have made the move to buy them. The big problems is they are afraid, for whatever reason, to wear them in public or in front of their friends. Some are insecure about their privates being so visible and if they are up to what other guys have. The other is the fact they will be tagged "gay" - this largely due to the Gay Pride Parades where the standard uniform is a speedo. Either way, they have gone under the pressure of the perception by others or "peer" pressure.
The other speedo fetish guy is one that has hundreds of them and finds almost sexual satisfaction wearing them, or even handling them. They too hide due to the image they perceive they project. I see so many pictures of guys taking pictures of themselves in mirrors. Evidently they are either so closeted in their speedo wearing that they don't even have one friend that can take pictures of them and in turn share the fun. To me this is sad to not even have one friend they will wear a speedo with.
I grew up in an area that everyone had pools and swim teams were as common as little league. Everyone wore speedos and the gay tags didn't happen. Due to the time in pools and speedos growing up, I never gave them a second thought and have continued to wear them. Some of my friends that always wear board shorts since that was the way they were raised have tried wearing speedos when at my pool. (of course they borrow mine and they only do it when it is just the guys and not in front of wives or girlfriends yet) (Yes - I have a mixture of gay and str8 friends) When asked why they only wear them around my pool they have two answers. They are afraid they will get a woody when in mixed company. (ironically it is the wives that don't want their man on display hard - especially if they think it is another female that caused it) The other reason is -- no surprise -- the gay stigma. It is a shame that gay pride has really been instrumental in creating stereo types and ruining it for many. Both wearing speedos and acceptance as a gay man have been really hurt by the blatant displays. I understand why. I am personally against these events due to how they set stereotypes. Acceptance comes from fitting in, not intentionally standing out. Other minorities have learned that, gays need to take a page from their book. I have had more than a few guys say they would really like to wear speedos but don't like being tagged gay, or have guys assume they are gay and hit on them.
Wearing a speedo is a matter of overcoming self insecurities in their body, their package and their security in their sexuality.
Depending on the extent of the fetish for speedos, I think most keep it to themselves since they think it is somehow wrong. (I am guessing a lot of people - no matter what the fetish -- do the same) Personally, I don't open that closet to many myself. Most know I have lots of suits but just think it is because I have pools and use them a lot and also people have left suits. Few know the extent of the collection. Am I ashamed? No. I just understand that not everyone would accept or understand it -- just as I know I wouldn't accept or understand fetishes others have. I feel that anything anyone does that does not impose on anyone else's space or beliefs is their business. I just hope when a person is passionate enough to have a fetish they can find others to share their pleasure and enjoyment. I enjoy my speedos both in private and wearing on the beach, I hope more guys will overcome their fears and insecurities and get comfortable wearing them and really enjoy them. Lets face it, a fetish is just a way of saying "hobby" that makes it sound more sexual and grownup. So, if it is easier, just call it a hobby!
Old 03-21-2012, 10:02 PM

Default setting

In all these comments it seems that the setting is all for speedos - "not in front of the girfriend/wife/family" and "only when just the guys are around"
etc. etc. (and STS is running a story on Cody at the moment along the same lines).

As a tourist I could go and look at statues of David all over Italy - but then I would of course be in a gallery as a refined person enjoying my appreciation of ancient art (I won't mention the manniken pis in Brussels as I don't know how to define that).
Old 03-21-2012, 10:49 PM

Maybe having seen David's equipment is what makes them insecure about their own measuring up. The fact the statue is about 2.5 times life size doesn't help.

You do have to understand the guy that won't wear them in front of women - especially if wife is there. Can you imagine the consequences if she saw him popping wood when talking to another female when he didn't when talking to her? Think couch for a month - for starters.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:12 PM
Speedo Member

I'm not so sure the problem has anything to do with "package" size. I think more guys are concerned with the fact that they consider themselver out of shape. This could also explain why so many young people don't wear speedos. Given the fact that this younger generation tends to be carrying around so much extra poundage. The "gay thing" may just be a convenient excuse.

The other half of my comment is that I think we spend too much time and effort concerning ourselves with what other people think when we wear our speedos. If you like them, wear them. To hell with what others think. I'd rather see the board talking about where we could find speedo friendly beaches and some get good hints on workouts and swiming.