Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2019, 05:44 PM

Default Reminiscing about nylon Speedos

Papadoop’s question “how do you like yours” got me reminiscing about the original nylon Speedo brand competition briefs I wore as a swim team kid.

Getting an excuse to wear a Speedo was the real reason I joined the team! A friend I hung out with had an awesome Speedo tanline from never changing out of his swim team Speedo while hanging out all day at the club. I wanted that look, so swim team it was.
Bonus: you got to watch teammates deal with penis arrangement in no-secrets single layer nylon.

I had a major erection problem every time I wore my Speedo.
It was so obvious my dad required me to wear a swim jock after seeing me do a major tent show on the starting block at a meet. I’ll admit I was pretty freaked out by the public tent display. Also I secretly liked wearing jocks, so I went along with the idea willingly. I wasn’t sure if I liked showing jockstrap lines under my Speedo or not. Nylon Speedos hid no secrets! I thought of the very visible lines as kind of ugly, but also proof of virility. Wearing a jock kept everything organized so no more worries about positioning either. By the end of the season I’d guess close to half of the guys wore jocks. No idea if it was following the herd, or an easy way to solve their own boner problem.

Last edited by Lap Counter : 08-31-2019 at 05:50 PM.
Old 08-31-2019, 06:13 PM
Speedo Member

How did you keep the straps inside the suit? They ride lower than a 1970's Speedo nylon brief is cut.
Old 08-31-2019, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifeswimmer
How did you keep the straps inside the suit? They ride lower than a 1970's Speedo nylon brief is cut.

I used to re-route them up my crack a bit rather than let them hang out the bottom.
Old 09-01-2019, 11:35 AM

The 100% nylon suits we were issued in PE were royal blue. There were two layers of nylon all over. Each layer moved differently than the other giving you some stimulation, and you did not need much back then. I did "borrow" several pairs for my own enjoyment, and to this day I still have one brand new, in the box, never worn suit. Will locate it and give you all a picture of it, if I can figure out how to get photo posted. I still wear the other borrowed suits often. It is a more relaxed feel than nylon with spandex.
Old 09-01-2019, 11:45 AM

I was lucky to find a 1970's Mark Spitz Arena suit, it is blue in colour and fits well and has proved to be a favourite when swimming laps. Still looks and feels great despite the age.
Old 09-02-2019, 01:56 PM

Back in the 80's, the Speedo manufacturer drifted into the casual wear arena with some tight fitting nylon suits with various patterns. These had very narrow sides. 3/4" and 1" depending on the suit. I still have a Speedo in brown ribbed nylon, a flat front suit with full back with draw string, but narrow sides. We sailed Lake Travis on the 25 Catalina for several years in that suit. Still put it on on occasion which bring backs fond memories on the lake.

I also had a Speedo suit with a zebra black and white pattern. They did do some animal prints but that is the only one I had. it is long gone. these suits were well made as Speedo did. After all, they were the leader in competition swimwear at the time.
Old 09-20-2019, 01:20 AM

Before Speedo, in the early 1960's there were all-nylon Ocean Champion (6" sides) and Ocean Brief (4" sides) suits. They were in solid colors, even sizes 28", 30" etc. and had almost no stretch. Two layers, like a suit inside a suit. If I downsized a few inches, these were really tight, and I enjoyed the squeeze. Here's more details https://vintagehaberdashers.com/2013...cean-swimsuit/
Old 09-20-2019, 03:05 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to dm106 Send a message via Skype™ to dm106

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikenSwim
Before Speedo, in the early 1960's there were all-nylon Ocean Champion (6" sides) and Ocean Brief (4" sides) suits. They were in solid colors, even sizes 28", 30" etc. and had almost no stretch. Two layers, like a suit inside a suit. If I downsized a few inches, these were really tight, and I enjoyed the squeeze. Here's more details https://vintagehaberdashers.com/2013...cean-swimsuit/
There was a more skimpy version from this company later in the 60s called Ocean Speed. I didn't see it on the website.
Old 09-20-2019, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm106
There was a more skimpy version from this company later in the 60s called Ocean Speed. I didn't see it on the website.

The Ocean Speed started me down the road to skimpier suits! Then I narrowed the waistband of a Lycra bikini, then bought a "paper thin" suit, now I buy Aqux and Mategear Asian flat-front suits.