Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2016, 08:11 AM

Default How open are you guys in the locker room? (story inside)

In terms of how you change clothes and how naked are you in the locker room, how open and carefree are you guys in the locker room?

I usually take everything off, put on a speedo, and jammers on top (too modest atm, but it will change). I then go into the shower stalls, pull the curtain closed, rinse, then head out to swim. After swimming, I get my shower stuff and towel, walk into the stall pulling the curtain and there I get naked to shower. Then with a towel wrapped around me, I dry off the speedo + jammer combo on a spin dryer, go back to the locker and pull the towel off and change. I do notice some guys just take off their suit in front of the spinner and dry them off while naked.

Overall normal and I don't do the towel dance thing. I notice some guys just completely let it hang out.

Here's an example of something that happened recently:
I finished swimming and I'm in the hot tub, then I see a really athletic, young-ish white guy come into the pool area. He wasn't huge, but he was muscular and good definition. He's wearing a short red square cut suit, almost brazilian sunga style but more so lowcut. His butt stands out really well with them. He goes into the sauna for a while and then heads back into the locker room. Probably the first time I've seen someone with a swimsuit that short other than the two speedos I've seen.

When I go into the locker room he's still in the red suit, but he's shaving. I do my routine, but when I come out of the shower he's drying off his suit in the spinner completely naked and no towel in sight. It was great. I get dressed and walk back to the shower area toward the urinals, and see he did not pull the curtain closed. He's just there showering completely naked in the open. It was great. As I finish changing he walks out of the shower area, again naked, with no towel and just changes then.

So, how open are you guys in the locker room in terms of being naked and changing out?

Last edited by BriefBro : 04-28-2016 at 08:45 AM.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:19 AM

I'm not nearly that open. I towel change into my suit in the farthest section of the locker room from where most guys come in (but near where the door to the pool is), and I always make sure I'm fully dressed before spin-drying my suit. However, I do walk around in just my suit (jammers or briefs) if I have to take a leak or fill my water bottle or something.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:20 AM

For a while I used to do the whole wrap a towel around me and then take my speedo off but it just got annoying and made undressing way too difficult. At the moment I shower with my speedo on, head back to the benchs/lockers and take off my suit, letting everything hang out ha for a minute or two while I dry myself and get changed. What I really want to do eventually, is to be able to take off my speedo once I'm out of the pool and am in the locker room, walk to the showers, shower naked and head back to my clothes to get changed. The showers at my pool are fully open communal ones though with about 7 spots. So it's gonna take a bit of courage to go fully nude ha.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:23 AM

In open plan changing rooms I will strip down to a tee shirt and underwear, I'll then remove the underwear and put on my Speedos before removing my tee shirt, learned this process at school where everyone did it.
After swimming I will enter the showers in Speedos and begin showering, if nudity is common in the showers I will slip off my Speedos and go naked, if not then I will keep them on but slip my hands into my Speedos with shampoo to wash myself there.
If I have taken off my Speedos in the showers I will return to the changing area either naked or with a towel wrapped around me. I won't attempt to hide myself while drying off and getting dressed.

The current fashion is for mixed changing areas with small cubicles to change in. Being 6'2" tall the cubicles are too small for me, once while naked I reached to lean on the door, the lock failed and I fell out of the cubicle, luckily no one was around at the time.
I much prefer single sex open plan changing rooms as there is more space to move about and put thing s down on the benches.
With open plan changing rooms and showers you can continue a conversation with friends while you change and shower, which I consider more civilised.
Other men will look at you while you are changing, usually just a quick glance, but if you make a big show of hiding under a towel they will become more curious as to what is going on.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:21 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Captain.Jammer
Cool My Locker room routine

I am not an exhibitionist, but I am not a total towel dancer either. I think I am in the middle somewhere--I guess I would call myself 'normal?' or 'average?' in my behavior...

When I arrive at the locker room to prepare to swim, I will change out of my pants and underwear, and then put on my jammers.

Next my shirt comes off and on goes my rashguard. I then proceed, towel in hand, to the showers to rinse off before going into the pool. (I had read somewhere online that you don't want the first water hitting the swim gear to be chlorinated, but to rinse it off in the shower, first.)

After swimming, I return to the locker room and proceed to the shower. My gym has individual shower stalls with attached small private dressing space.

I take off my jammers and rashguard and rinse each under the shower head. (I really need my gear to last, so I was advised by some great guys, here on the board, to not rinse off while wearing the jammers, as that will push the chlorine back into the suit. But to take off the swim gear then rinse them so the water goes right though.) Then I take my shower as usual.

After the shower, I dry off as much as i can, then wrap my towel around by waist. I exit the shower stall and then go to the spin dryer located back in the locker room and dry both pieces of gear while wearing my towel.

I go to my locker, where I will finish drying, as needed. I then put on my underwear and pants, followed by my shirt. I sit on the bench to be sure to dry my feet before putting on my socks and shoes.

I have observed some guys that will, after showering, get dressed in the little private dressing area attached to the shower stall. I find it is much too wet and too cumbersome to do so. I have also observed the guys that get naked in the locker room and stay naked as much as they can, using the toilet, primping (or even flexing) in front of the large mirrors, for all to see. They usually have bodies where such behavior is fine. With my bigger body, I do not like to show off, so I keep pretty standard/conservative in my locker room nudity. I do not do the towel dance that I have seen some guys do, though. I think that it a little excessive--as one mentioned earlier--like they have something to hide. My gym locations do have a separate, private changing room, where, if one desires, they can use that room to change their clothes where no one can see most of you (it is like a toilet stall, in design--a partial door where one could see your feet and your head). I have seen it used on just a few occasions.

I guess I would summarize my routine as being that I am naked as needed. Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited by Captain.Jammer : 04-28-2016 at 04:36 PM.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:47 PM

I treat the locker room in the same way as the swimming area. I just find it ridiculous how some guys can be naked in the locker room but must don a pair of long shorts to go swimming in. What? Because they're frightened of women seeing too much of their body?
Old 04-29-2016, 12:36 AM

While I don't swim laps at my gym, (I swim in our complex community pool), at the gym I typically change very quickly facing the locker. I'll leave my shirt on and strip off shorts and undies and put on whatever I need to. If I shower, I'll wear a towel to and from the shower, and then take it off when I get to the lockers, only after I've opened the locker and gotten my pants and underwear. I'm not shy, I just don't parade around a lot. I usually will use the whirlpool nude too if I have time. I'll wear my towel to the whirlpool and use it before and after I get in/out.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:20 AM

I don't think of myself as particularly modest but compared to the guys above, I must be an exhibitionist. My pool's LR is open so when I get there I strip completely facing the locker, but moving a bit so I can check what other guys are doing. No starring at any of the guys. Then I put on my briefs, take a quick shower and hit the pool. On finishing my swim I bring my bag back to my locker and go to the open sink area. I wash my cap, strip off my brief and wash it well in cold water, totally naked then, not sure how many guys follow my example but I am not the only one. I then dry my suit in the spinner and walk back to my locker. Then I sling my towel over a shoulder, grab my bag with soap and shampoo and walk to the showers. Our showers are stalls with curtains but I always leave the curtains wide open. I shower and towel off and go back to my locker again with towel over shoulder and re-dress as before. I am no Adonis but have nothing to be shy about. I mean it is a MALE locker room, just wish guys were more comfortable with their own anatomy, but that is just my opinion.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenleaf
I don't think of myself as particularly modest but compared to the guys above, I must be an exhibitionist. My pool's LR is open so when I get there I strip completely facing the locker, but moving a bit so I can check what other guys are doing. No starring at any of the guys. Then I put on my briefs, take a quick shower and hit the pool. On finishing my swim I bring my bag back to my locker and go to the open sink area. I wash my cap, strip off my brief and wash it well in cold water, totally naked then, not sure how many guys follow my example but I am not the only one. I then dry my suit in the spinner and walk back to my locker. Then I sling my towel over a shoulder, grab my bag with soap and shampoo and walk to the showers. Our showers are stalls with curtains but I always leave the curtains wide open. I shower and towel off and go back to my locker again with towel over shoulder and re-dress as before. I am no Adonis but have nothing to be shy about. I mean it is a MALE locker room, just wish guys were more comfortable with their own anatomy, but that is just my opinion.

This seems to be a mix of what most guys at my gym do, actually. This is also what that one guy I mentioned pretty much did. I was caught off guard at how lax it was all. There seems to be an air of naturism rather than exhibitionism. I feel as if the latter is more for the shock factor or getting a kick of it, when it actually is just being cool with one's self.

Not many guys do this, however. The people at my gym seem to be more on the older-middle age range, and we also have a gay-friendly city near so that's probably why most guys are relaxed about it at my gym. Also, I'm almost certain a good number of those who go to the gym don't actually enter the locker room, but that's the younger crowd usually.

Last edited by BriefBro : 04-29-2016 at 07:23 AM.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:07 PM

Always interesting to me that so many younger guys...20s, 30s...who are using the gym and not swimming will come with gym duds under their clothes. No stripping to change, just uncover to their shorts, shirt and off to pump iron. On return they never strip and shower, just put back on same outer clothes and gone. Gross to me not showering and of course I can't enjoy viewing the physique. So much shyness about being naked around other guys.