Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > Mens Swim Suit - Buy or Sell
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2022, 03:52 PM
Speedo Member

Default Does transparent equal tan thru?

Novice question here. I see suits advertised as tan thru but they don’t look transparent. Are the transparent suits posted in this topic also tan thru? I like the look of the transparent suits but would like to keep my tan line, if possible.
Old 10-29-2022, 10:41 AM

A white, yellow of ice blue Lycra or Nylon suit may become see through especially when wet because the fibers themselves become transparent when wet yet they may still filter out UV light.

A tan through fabric is a very fine mesh net. They are usually printed in very bright and dark colours with energetic patterns.
here is the current Kiniki range here in the UK:
https://www.kiniki.com/collections/2...through-briefs

Unless we are very intimate with someone we usually see them from a distance, the tan through bikini looks like normal Lycra or Nylon from a distance but from up close we'd realise it is a fine brightly coloured and patterned mesh and it is unlined.

If we hold up dry white Lycra fabric to our eyes we will see light and dark but no details, but if we hold up tan through fabric to our eyes the illusion breaks, we ignore the colour and pattern of the fabric and see the view before us through a mesh. When the sun shines you will be tanned through the holes in the mesh, while the mesh gives the impression of being dressed.

In the story The Emperors New Clothes it is the small boy who sees through the Emperor's clothes and similarly a small child whose eye line is level with your loins may break the illusion of colours and patterns and see you naked.
Old 10-29-2022, 12:26 PM

Years back, many actually, I tried a tan through suit. Did not see any tanning in the bikini area, and I was not loving the bright splattered colors. Thats just me.
Old 10-29-2022, 04:16 PM
Speedo Member

Default Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchwatch
A white, yellow of ice blue Lycra or Nylon suit may become see through especially when wet because the fibers themselves become transparent when wet yet they may still filter out UV light.

A tan through fabric is a very fine mesh net. They are usually printed in very bright and dark colours with energetic patterns.
here is the current Kiniki range here in the UK:
https://www.kiniki.com/collections/2...through-briefs

Unless we are very intimate with someone we usually see them from a distance, the tan through bikini looks like normal Lycra or Nylon from a distance but from up close we'd realise it is a fine brightly coloured and patterned mesh and it is unlined.

If we hold up dry white Lycra fabric to our eyes we will see light and dark but no details, but if we hold up tan through fabric to our eyes the illusion breaks, we ignore the colour and pattern of the fabric and see the view before us through a mesh. When the sun shines you will be tanned through the holes in the mesh, while the mesh gives the impression of being dressed.

In the story The Emperors New Clothes it is the small boy who sees through the Emperor's clothes and similarly a small child whose eye line is level with your loins may break the illusion of colours and patterns and see you naked.

Thank you for your feedback and explanation. Makes sense now why the tan thru suits are so colorful. So far my suits have been black or navy blue. I like seeing a suit when it’s a little sheer when wet, whether on accident or knowingly, and thought it would be fun to try one. I will have to reread this thread for suggestions. While I may not be brave enough to wear to beach, at home by pool would be fun.

I had to laugh about your comment on a child seeing through a tan thru suit but makes sense. Thank you for the heads up, pardon the pun, have to keep that in mind lol. Thank you again.
Old 10-29-2022, 04:18 PM
Speedo Member

Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by singletlover
Years back, many actually, I tried a tan through suit. Did not see any tanning in the bikini area, and I was not loving the bright splattered colors. Thats just me.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I think I will pass on that tan thru suit and instead venture into the realm of sheer suits. Thank you again.
Old 10-29-2022, 05:50 PM

If you are into extreme sheer see though swim briefs have a look at the Ice Blue Nylon ones on the Aussibum website, they will fulfill your expectations.
https://www.aussiebum.com/mens/swimwear
Old 04-12-2023, 03:03 PM

Default Sheer Suits

Checked out the site posted by BikenSwim on the AQUX sheer suits. And yes they are completely see-through, and some of the models are so big that the suits are not large enough to hold all of them. I will be getting some of them and will share pics with anyone that would like to see. Don't know if I can post here. Sheerthongingit
Old 04-12-2023, 03:14 PM

Looked at that site a little more and there is lot more to see than sheer suits. Some are not even in the suits, enjoyed seeing all the sizes. Could not help but checking out all the large good looking heads. Doesn't hurt to look. Thanks for the site info BikenSwim.
Old 04-14-2023, 05:19 PM

Mategear has a very low-cut white mesh bikini, this is for two white suits
https://mategear.com/products/signat...40397434257491
Only one left in 3XL for this in white https://mategear.com/products/sexy-m...40479537299539
Here is a really narrow style!
https://mategear.com/products/sexy-m...39866597965907
Here is one with a pouch, front may not be transparent but it is unlined.
https://mategear.com/products/sexy-m...40585674817619
I look forward to photos if anyone wears them.

Last edited by BikenSwim : 04-14-2023 at 05:28 PM.