Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2014, 09:56 PM

Default Speedo Objects

Was it not also true that "Speedo" objected to the word gay connected to their name? MG was a pain in the ass and a waste of time and space.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:04 PM

Default history ofthe board

I am the one that introduced MRS GRUNDY TO THE OLD BOARD, I EVEN SPOKE ABOUT HER HERE ON THE NEW BOARD, I GOT THE IDEA FROM A CARACTER IN ARCHIE COMICS, SHE WAS A VERY GRUMPY SCHOOL TEACHER HARD ON PRINCIPLES AND VERY OLD FASHION, THE BORN AGAIN TYPE YOU MIGHT SAY AND MAY I MENTION ANOTHER TOPIC ON THE BOARD IF YOU CLICKED AT THE PROPER PLACE A BIG MAP OF THE WORLD APPEARED AND YOU COULD SEE AND PLACE YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO THE BOARD WHERE THE COUNTRY YOU LIVED. AS FOR THE CHAT ROOM WOW THE CHATS WERE OFTEN VERY HARD CORE ONE WOULD GET VERY HARD USING THAT TOPIC LOL. SOMETIMES THINGS WOULD GET VERY HARCH BETWEEN THE POSTERS BUT ON THE OUTHER HAND THERE WAS A KIND OF KIND OF FRATERNITY BETWEEN MANY SUITS WERE GIVEN OUT TO GUYS THAT COULDNT AFFORD THEM, i HAVE BENE ON THE OLD BOARD NEARLY SINCE IT BEGAN MANY MANY YEARS AND I MUST ADMIT THAT I MISSED ITN I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A PRINTED COPY OF JUST ONE ...... BY THE WAY IF MRS GRUNDY SEES THE COMMENTS SENT BY BYRON HE IS IN TRIUBLE IM SURE SHE WONT HIS COMMENTS OF HER GETTING OLD AND HER EYES GETTING WEAK AND ALL THAT POOR BYRON I WISH HIM COURAGE AND LUCK. I SENT PICS OF MRS GRUNDY ON THE BOARD AND ALLSO ON THE NEW BOARD THAT WAS A LONG TIME AGO. BEWWHERE OF MRS GRUNDY GUYS SHE SURE HATES SPEEDOS.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:05 PM

Default name change....

Re. post#11 I have not seen this confirmed by Mike but I think it was his discretion which caused "speedo fantasy" to be dropped - at the time of the Speedo Corp.'s legal action against Dave-go-to-hell-Evans.

A pity about Mrs G but we are all entitled to our opinions and I will not be so dictatorial as to tell you to lighten up.

Last edited by Byron : 08-24-2014 at 10:10 PM.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:18 PM

Exclamation Warning....

Thanks for such an informative post Louis - I must clearly be wary if Mrs G is still around and I should not assume her retirement just because she has been quiet for so long
(her portrait you last posted was a very good likeness)
Old 08-24-2014, 11:24 PM

Bryon

Once again its not what you say it is how you say it.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:08 AM

Smile

STS and Louis,

Thanks to both of you for your detailed posts. They give me a better sense of where this version of the board came from. Louis - your explanation of who Mrs. Grundy is was really interesting. I had wondered if she was modeled after the comic book character from the Archie comics. Based on the descriptions of the old board, I think the structured nature of this board is more appealing to me.

D67
Old 08-25-2014, 12:38 AM

I had kinda figured out that Mrs Grundy was really voiced by Louis, but so far as I can remember this is the first time he has admitted it.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:06 AM

Default quite right Sebbie

Glad you raised that and first time I see it too.
But not only Louis - I remember tracking it to Fred on the old board - who sadly did not continue to the new.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:30 AM

Default Change Mind

I love MG=bring her back-thanks for the info.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:49 AM

Default very wise.....

A change of mind there saved you from a slap on the wrist by Shaulis.
I once said pain in the ass to Joe - and it caused me no end of trouble with
the Star Chamber, needless to say.