Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2015, 11:16 AM

Default Pool Class

Considering starting a pool aerobics/strength training class at my gym. While I generally do laps in a speedo, I don't know if I should do the same or wear jammers or moderately short swim shorts. Classes in general are mostly older and female. Any thoughs? I have not seen this particular class, so I don't know they age gender mix and what the men (if any) are wearing.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:01 PM

I would go with a traditional Speedo or similar. It is what you are most comfortable in, will give you the most freedom of movement. Plus as a lap swimmer you are obviously fit and you will give the ladies something to admire... :-)

I have swam laps while these classes are going on. They look like fun, and maybe a great way to meet new friends.

Good luck.

STS
Old 07-26-2015, 03:54 PM

I agree with STS. I think you should wear a speedo type suit whose sides are not too narrow - I wouldn't go below 2 or 2.5". If you were to wear even moderately short swim shorts, you'll probably feel the difference in mobility between that and a swim brief since a brief is what you're used to. I also swim while a water aerobics class is going on and regret that I can't take one because I wear hearing aids and glasses and wouldn't be able to hear the instructor or see what others are doing.

Enjoy the class.

D67
Old 07-26-2015, 05:36 PM

Wearing speedos will allow and encourage the other men in the group to do the same. Choose a sports rather than a fashion design for the right attitude. Since this group is taking place over a number of weeks you don't have to wear the same thing every week, allowing you to wear less each time you lead them. You could wear reasonably short shorts poolside and strip down to speedos after greeting the group members before you get into the pool if you felt it appropriate. Be flexible and ready for anything.
Old 07-26-2015, 10:04 PM

I would stick to a basic navy blue or black speedo. You could even go to a square cut, again in a dark and conservative. They are there to exercise, fashion prints or skimpy suits don't suggest professional.
As far as the shorts for a over up, I think it is a bad idea. You are working at and in a pool so wearing a swimsuit is expected and accepted. Having a cover up suggests you or the management feel a speedo isn't appropriate around the pool or that you are embarrassed to be seen in it when not in the pool.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:52 AM

I'm sure they'd love to see you in a brief Speedo.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:57 AM

Default Pool Class

Went with 3' side navy blue speedo. Class was one other man and about 15 women. Felt comfortable with what I wore.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:10 AM

Thumbs up

Good choice. I bet all the women were very pleased to have a speedo clad man in the group. What did the other man wear?

D67
Old 07-28-2015, 03:12 AM

Default Pool Class

Couldn't tell because he was in chest deep water when I arrived. It was a conditioning class, not a swim class.