Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 05:20 AM
Speedo Member

Default What type speedo is he wearing??

Would love to know what model of speedo this is because it is more of a bikini style but I always see the common one, and I know its not a solar cause it doesn't have the front seam.Its hot and I want it for summer!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFFiP6uNX2M

Last edited by skippy : 04-10-2013 at 05:22 AM.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:13 PM

judging by the suit and the hair styles, I am guessing that film is about 20 years old. The suit he is wearing is the same one I got in London years ago. It had a higher leg cut than the usual Speedo cut. I also got a narrow side suit (1.5") in Honolulu. That, however, would actually end up being the predecessor to the current Solar suits. The difference is, both the suit in the film and the other one I got were 100% nylon. Both suits are still in great shape and wearable now. Wish they still made those narrow side suits in nylon.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:34 PM
Speedo Member

I can easily buy a regular speedo here in the U.S and a solar but these not so common,So if anyone can direct me to a link to purchase one that would be great.I love the cut of the solar but I never really liked the front seam and don't understand why its there.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:40 AM

That seam is there to accommodate the male anatomy. I prefer some space for my junk and not have it smashed in a flat front suit. To me, it looks more natural and is more flattering. But to each his own.
I was curious and looked at the nylon ones I have like the one in the film cut and they are both all nylon and flat front. Checking my nylon suits, there was only one with a seam in the front - a buckle on number I got from Nu-Parr years ago.