Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > Story Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2014, 03:24 AM

Default My words

I thank all of you for your kind words on Olympic Dreams, whether here or sent to me private message. This was a fun story to write and to to tell you it simply flowed would be an under-statement. Jimmy and Greg are the penultimate reflection of the best of Zach and Ryan. There is so much of Zach in Greg, so much of both Zach and Ryan in Jimmy, and in both there is so much of my real life most cherished God son. Greg had so much to share, and Jimmy had the inspiration to never give up. I hope they inspired you as much as they inspired me. In some way, I learned from my own characters.

I started this story on a whim, a plan to do a few chapters about swimming. It was intended to fill a gap before I came up with something else. Then magical happened. In all, this tale was over 60 pages long.

Finally, I have come more deeply with my age to appreciate the brave young men and women who defend our nation, deeper so after 9/11 and then with great personal emotion after the Boston Marathon bombings (I ran Boston seven times). No matter who we are, all of our nations have one thing in common, our best and brightest young men and women are the ones we count on to stand in harms way. They are the protectors of what we all hold dear. Jimmy's act of bravery was my subtle tribute to the bravest of our brave, regardless of nation. I admire them every single day.

This will be me last story for a while, maybe forever. I am not sure. I don't know how I top Jimmy and Greg. They are the next generation we all aspire to be.

Thanks for reading,

So Long,

STS

Last edited by SwimTeamSpeedo : 09-11-2014 at 11:48 AM.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:16 PM

STS,

While I hope this isn't your final story. We, your readers, understand the need for a break from writing to get your creative juices flowing again.

Shaulis
Old 09-11-2014, 09:33 PM

Smile

STS,

I have read all of your stories, but Olympic Dreams struck a chord with me like no other because it is so inspiring. Through your guidance and distance mentoring, I have made my journey to become a serious swimmer and to succeed, not as a competitive swimmer - that was never my goal - but as an endurance swimmer. I think that in some way, maybe subliminally, the story was an added inspiration. As Jimmy worked harder, I worked harder than I ever have at an athletic pursuit, and didn't give up. This story was so different from the others because it had serious messages about friendship, a value of a strong work ethic, and the need sometimes to push oneself beyond what were thought to be your capability. So, thanks for the story and the messages.

D67

Last edited by Dooley67 : 09-11-2014 at 09:35 PM.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:50 PM

Wow - I have been on the road for a week with very limited internet access, and just got home late last night. So I just HAD to catch up on this story today. And what a finish! Especailly the concluding chapter, with Jimmy now a rescue swimmer with the Coast Guard - what a unique way to wrap this up - and a great tribute, as you say, to the men and women who protect and serve us all.

STS - thank you for this wonderful glimpse into the fictional lives of your characters. Jimmy and Greg were just amazing - so real, so close, so determined to accomplish their goals. I have truly enjoyed this story on so many levels - PLEASE don't stop writing. Nothing wrong with a new story following Jimmy's struggles and successes in his first year of HS swimming - or perhaps Greg's first year as a 'Cock. College swim teams on overnight away meets, (gentle) hazing/teasing rituals (at my university, I understand the freshmen had to jump naked from the 3-meter board) - all of this provides story ideas for future chapters - at least I hope so!