Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2014, 07:28 PM

Smile Swimsuit question

I want to get a colorful suit. I have a small collection of about a dozen speedos and bikinis but only one is multicolored, a Tactics bikini with sort of pastel colors. I'm considering an Inteyman blue or pink floral bikini or the new AB Five'O which is 100% polyester. I've had good luck with AB suits except the 2 inch nylon wonder jock because I found the pouch so uncomfortable. Other AB suits have been fine and the shipping has not taken too long. Does anyone have any experience with an Inteyman suit or 100% polyester? Any other suggestions are welcomed. I want a suit that is low cut with no more that 2 inch sides though not as low cut as Aqus or Seobean.

Thanks,
Dooley67
Old 05-27-2014, 09:49 AM

Experiment and enjoy....
Old 05-27-2014, 10:58 AM

Default some ideas

Some of the most colorful suits I own are from Funky Trunks, a great company out of Australia (www.funkytrunks.com). They make mostly square cuts with an interesting frontal sewing pattern hat creates a subtle pouch look without being obvious. They also offer a limited selection of briefs with about 2 inch sides. I own 10 or 12 square cuts and several briefs. Love the colors!

You might also look at Turbo suits. You can buy them at swim outlet. These are narrow sides, lower cut than a Speedo suit, and have really bold colors and patterns. They also hold up real well. Swimoutlet also has several other "lesser known" brands that offer some cool stuff.

Bold prints and patterns are back in for swim briefs. I love some of the new stuff Nike and Tyr are putting out. You might find Tyr to meet you smaller side desires. The Finals also has some cools stuff. Both swimoutlet and Metro Swim have great selections.

It's finally Summer in Maine... go get some hot stuff and give the Summer some awesome color.

STS

PS: I continue to see the trend away from Jammers. The guys on our local swim team have all gone to briefs this year.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:28 PM

Default RE: swimsuit question

Thanks for the info STS. I'll check out funkytrunks for their briefs (I'm not crazy about square cuts) and swim outlet for the Turbos. It looks like I have lots of options.

Yes, finally, summer in Maine. I'm ready for a good stretch on warm sunny weather.

D67
Old 05-27-2014, 04:49 PM

Default that raises a point....

Has anyone commissioned a custommade design purely for themselves ? (from Turbo, Agon etc.)
Bulk orders for swim and water polo clubs* we know are the norm but a one-off is likely to be a daunting prospect on cost of course.
However, it would be interesting to hear about this from anyone who has allowed themselves a little past indulgence for a specific fit, fabric, color and print so as to be absolutely unique.

*my favorites for the amazing wackiness of what they think up
Old 05-28-2014, 01:44 AM

Also look at monsterpolo.us - they supply many water polo teams and have some very colorful and unique designs for sale.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:24 AM

Smile

Thanks for the suggestion Swimmboy; I'll check it out.

D67
Old 05-28-2014, 12:40 PM

Red face Re: a swimsuit question

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the suggestions. I ordered a multicolored red Nike Swim Scatter Brain (crazy name!) brief from Swim Outlet. Should be here within a week. However, it's 43 degrees here in Maine today so it might be awhile before I get to wear it.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:24 PM

Default Awesome choice

Great choice D67. Love the suit and you will look great wearing it! In a rare event, Northern Maine was the warm spot, we got to 65 today and had amazing sunshine all day. I know all of you down east and in Southern Maine had crappy cold and wet weather.

STS
Old 05-29-2014, 12:58 AM

Default local weather

Yes, not exactly speedo time in the backyard yet.
Crappy cool and wet weather like other Mainers in
my district today unfortunately - and we just about
managed a 15.

Last edited by Byron : 05-29-2014 at 01:04 AM.