Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2014, 01:05 PM
Speedo Member

Default Custom made suits

Hey guys, I havent been active on here in a while (seems to be alot of infighting with the members here). But in my quest for finding the perfect suit which has enough room in the front, gives a smoothing look over the front and has a bit of brazilian cheeky/modern look in a vareiety of prints, I have something that I would like to pass on.

I am not affiliated with this person at all or her store. I am curently working with her to modify one of her womens designs to fit a guy. Basically, keep the same sexy back, with enough room in the front for a man. I havent placed my order yet as we are currently working on the cut and dimentions needed, but $25-$35 for custom made swim wear, it might be worth looking into if any of you are looking for something new/different.

She currently has a a few week lead time as apperantly she is really busy now, but judging by her conversation with me, it is going to be very much worth the wait. She has a ton of great feed back, and seems pretty reliable and a quality product. In our conversations, she mentioned that she had considered to make mens suits, but never really went for it as no one ever asked. Since I asked, she seems more willing to go into it provided there is a demand. So I am posting this here to see what you guys think. And of course, once mine comes in, I will post pics...

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeaceOfParadise

They are made by hand in Hawaii. Every item is custom made to order.

Here is the one I am having modified to fit a guy in the front, In a diferent pattern though...

Last edited by notmyj : 03-27-2014 at 01:07 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:44 AM

One of the recent threads on this board has concerned testicular drop out i.e. one of your balls popping out the side of your speedo or bikini. This is caused by the crotch seam of your suit being too narrow for the wearer and so (even on a smooth front suit) there not being enough pouch width to contain you.
The first of two team mates wearing the identical speedos may feel entirely secure in his suit while his better endowed friend may be on the point of bursting out each time he moves.
Women of course do not have this issue and the crotch seam of many women's brief bikinis is able to be very narrow. Combining the front of a man's bikini with the back of a women's suit will result in the widths of the 2 sections not matching at the crotch seam. The photo shown looks very narrow at this point. Whilst the design of some men's bikinis expects the front and back of the suit to be sewn at different tensions (by differently stretching the fabric as it is sewn) it may be beyond the stretch of the (female) rear of this suit to properly join the front. The easiest solution to this is to snip away the excess fabric at the front of the suit. If you are well enough endowed to want a pouch front you may well pop out of the finished bikini.
If your designer gets this detail correct then you are liable to end up with an exciting, unique, comfortable and secure bikini. Good luck!
Old 03-28-2014, 10:10 AM
Speedo Member

Thanks tw. I have reffered her to your post to see if she thinks she can over come this as I didnt think much of the crotch seam. I really hope we can work this out as I have been wanting a bikini like this for a long time. My fiancee even picked out the fabrics and another cut she likes, but again the crotch seam is going to be narrow.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:33 PM

If you can borrow and try on some women's bikinis to see if this would be an issue for you. It would be unfortunate to have that perfect bikini made for you only to find it doesn't hold you securely. Not knowing you I cannot tell how well endowed you are, though since beauty is in the eye of the beholder it doesn't make you a better or worse person.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:57 PM
Speedo Member

Look for my thread bout wearing bikini bottoms... lots of pics there already as I currently wear some womens bottoms. But the ones I like that are small in the back, dont usually fit. Hence the reason I am looking for custom ones.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:45 PM

I have a Kiniki Brazil Swimbrief Bikini:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kiniki-Brazi...G4XYWFYPM9R N

It has a men's Brazilian cut at the rear and a crotch seam wide enough to be pop out free. The crotch seam is 2.5" (6.5cm) wide. they have achieved the cutaway rear by making the bikini high waisted and narrow at the hip.

Kiniki have a reputation for being somewhat old fashioned, I suspect that this is not the suit that you want. The modern look has a lower waist and may be a wider seam at the hip. Making these changes would lose you the Brazilian look. The women's suits that you like achieve the Brazilian look by having the very narrow crotch seam, which you cannot use.

Designers of male swim thongs have the same problem, the narrowest part of the rear may be only 0.5" (12mm) wide the width of 2 pieces of elastic side by side, but this is widened to 1.5" (36mm) at the crotch seam and the front of the suit widens rapidly from the seam.

In conclusion what you want your designer to do is bring the rear of your suit towards a point at the base of your buttocks and then widen it out again to meet the front of the suit as it forms a pouch. the result would be a safe masculine modern Brazilian.

I almost want to make one myself. Happy days
Old 03-29-2014, 04:27 PM

I Have Found That Most Tailors Or Seamsters Are Able To Make Swimsuits To Your Dimensions And Size. Take A Suit That Fits You Great They Can Work From And Some Pics Or Two Of Suits You Like. After A Couple Fittings You Wil Have The Perfectly Fit Suit Just The Way You Like It. If You Are In A Large City Check Out Costume Makers- Especially If They Have Vegas Type Shows In Town. They Are Used To Making Briefs And Thongs For Dancers. The Best Part Is That The Suits Rarely Cost More Than A Good Suit Like Marcuse Or Vizeau.
Of Course, This Is Only For Guys That Aren't Shy. You Are Often Totally Exposed During Fittings. (most Tailors Are Males But Costume Makers Are Usually Females)
Old 03-30-2014, 05:56 AM

Default nice print

Wow - this guy sure seems to fit in well amongst the girls when it comes to bikinis:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/67596b74a...bg4co1_400.jpg
Old 06-06-2014, 11:46 AM
Speedo Member

Well fellas, after a lot of email and some trial and error on the creators part along with testing patterns on her friends, I finally got my bikinis from her. The shark print is the Manoa cut, the other is the Lanikai cut. She has plans to add an entire men's line, however she will do anything g now, you just have to ask that it is made for a guy. Yes, the lips on my ass are my wife's...

Last edited by notmyj : 06-06-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:59 PM

Default the results...

Had forgotten your thread from March but thanks for the update.
I am torn for admiration between one and two - the first a great fit - the second a better print , IMHO.