Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > Story Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2014, 01:50 PM

Default facts....

No need to throw your toys out of the pram.
I have NOT used the word liar but I have said "confused".
I am now unconfused with the details you supply of your complicated arrangements with Dave Evans.
Thank you for your response with that clarification.

Btw personal abuse was, I understood , something you always objected to - so confusion comes to me again I'm sorry to say, having read the silly overreactive remarks in your post.

Last edited by Byron : 05-13-2014 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:17 PM

Smile TheSpeedoForum

Just browsed TheSpeedoForum and saw that STS's post was removed but the plagiarized first chapter of the Erik story remains. It should have been the other way around - I guess honesty is not all that important on that forum. I hope that this experience and the fallout from it don't discourage STS from continuing the story.

Dooley67
Old 05-13-2014, 11:32 PM

Default Speedo forum

I just reposted and sent Evans a PM requesting he delete the stolen version. No worries...the story will go on.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:25 AM

Thumbs up Speedo Forum

Glad to hear that the story will continue and that you PM'd Dave Evans.

D67
Old 05-14-2014, 04:08 PM

Default storm in a teacup..

Yes, interesting to note also a comment by the member packedspeedo:
".......stealing isn't cool....."

Also interesting to read DE's recent words, inter alia, to me:
"......I'm sorry mate but I don't see the big deal.........on a public forum it is free game......" (I have suggested that a rule of giving credit of origin be considered if the full text of something from another author is posted - unfortunately the SpeedoForum story page has a column headed author
which might be better rephrased as original author).

The irony of all this unnecessary melodrama is of course that I was in fact trying to fight STS's corner.

To correct the other aggressive nonsense which has been posted about those "driven out" of the forum I should explain that many contributors to the earlier SpeedoFantasyBoard simply did not wish to continue when the website was reformatted by Mike nearly three years ago - a sad loss (of some) as there existed some intelligent posts to be read.
Against the accusation (for which there is no evidence) I would therefore tell STS to pay attention instead to what is said so often when new forum members introduce themselves ie I was very pleased to discover this forum where I could participate in the many interesting topics I see discussed (MY SUMMARY there I would add - before I am further accused of misrepresentation !)
Old 05-15-2014, 01:33 AM

Default First Summer

STS,
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your story thus far. I can't wait for the next chapter. STS, You are a very gifted writer I hope you do publish your stories and get paid I know I would buy your books.This is my first post in quite awhile.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:38 PM

Plagiarism is defined by claiming that work that someone else did is your own. The fact that documents on the Internet are electronic and can readily be copied from one place to another does not change that at definition at all. The real issue is not copying the document so much as copying the document without giving the author full credit.

I have tons of stuff I have written on the Internet, professionally under my real name but also material on sex and sexuality under my pen name 'David Sebringsil". Fewer than a half dozen people know I am doing this.

Some years ago (nearly 20) I wrote a piece "Spending the night in a Cup" that became very popular around the Internet and ended up getting copied in whole or in part to many other Web sites. But, for those that did this, I do not recall a single incident in which anyone claimed it was their own original writing and not mine. Everyone who copied content either credited me directly at the end or gave me a by line under the pen name.

This has been an interesting task to keep my two writing careers under the different names copmpletely separate. But I have managed to do it even on books under either names available on amazon.com Right now I have free professional books available for e-download under my real name, but I also sell paper copies through Amazon. Those who follow my professional career would be shocked to learn of my other writings! Those who follow me on sex and sexuality topics would probably be equally shocked to learn I have this other writing career.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:55 PM

Default Not shocked.....

.....just pleased to read a very sensible post on the vexed issue of passing-off
(and having long ago guessed the attributable interconnections described)

Last edited by Byron : 05-15-2014 at 02:02 PM.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:13 PM

Red face Sebbie's post

I was browsing the speedoforum.com and saw that DE posted part 2 of STS's Erik story under his name writing, "Here is the next part of the story for you guys." It 's not technically plagiarism based on Sebbie's excellent definition, but there is still no attribution of the story to STS. I guess some people just never learn or choose to ignore what's right.

STS should take it as a compliment that others want to use his story on their boards.

I just joined this board a couple of weeks ago having been a browsing guest many times. I like the tone of the board for the most part, the discussions, the fact that the stories are more sensual than sexual, and, it has given me the opportunity to read about, talk about, and see photos of guys in speedos. Also, it's pleasing to see that other guys have some of the same attitudes about speedos/bikinis that I have.

Dooley67
Old 05-15-2014, 11:04 PM

Sad that the doard owner at SF does not follow his own rules and as a writer of his own stories chooses to disrespect the work of others.