Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2011, 01:51 AM

Default Sorry

The Jogbra is now made by Champian (sorry for sp.) You take each basket-less straps- take each end that is under your ass and sew together-reposition straps sewn around back and over shoulder. They used my jocks!
Old 12-16-2011, 02:07 AM

Default continue

Now called Champian Sports Bra. Jogbra was located in Essex,Vermont with over 200 employees-was so successful that the girls decided to cash out. That's the story too often about great products that are invented in the great State of Vermont!
Old 05-26-2014, 05:53 AM

Default Opinion on jock straps don't have waistbands that roll?

Does anyone have opinions on jockstraps where the waistband does not roll? (i.e. the band starts to fold so it does not lie flat on the waist)

This item claims to avoid that and get good reviews. One person says it was worn to the pool (I presume under loose shorts)

http://www.mcdavidusa.com/Product/33...rter_mesh.aspx

http://www.amazon.com/McDavid-MCNMKN...pr_product_top
Old 05-27-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesSwim
Does anyone have opinions on jockstraps where the waistband does not roll? (i.e. the band starts to fold so it does not lie flat on the waist)

Waistbands usually roll because of belly flab.
The reviews for the McDavid are consistent in mentioning that it holds a cup well, but is pretty much worthless without one.

For those social situations when board shorts are more appropriate than wearing a Speedo, a Speedo worn under them does everything a swim jock does, but dries quicker and the straps won't pop out over the waist.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:43 PM

Smile Swim jock

I used to wear a swim jock many years ago, like 35 years ago, when I occasionally wore swim shorts that look like today's board shorts. The jock was much more narrow than a regular jock with a very narrow waistband. The shorts were unlined and needed a swim jock just like today's boarders need a speedo underneath them. But then again, today, why wear a speedo underneath board shorts, just wear the speedo!

D67
Old 05-27-2014, 04:23 PM

Default remember those.....

I don't think they are marketed any more. They were of course minimal in all parts in order not to show beyond the outline of your swimming trunks and so what benefit they were for support and/or modesty I never quite understood.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:47 PM

I think that swimmer jockstraps were and still are intended for wear underneath swimming shorts that do not have a liner or that have a liner that is not adequately supportive.

You don't want the wide waistband of a regular jockstrap sticking up above your shorts when shirtless and you don't want all of the water-trapping fabric of cotton briefs.

The swim jock is the only kind of jockstrap I see sold in some stores anymore.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:27 PM

Do a search on "swimmers athletic supporter" on amazon.com and you will see many of them, each slightly different. All hve a narrower waistband than a standard strap
Old 05-29-2014, 01:15 AM

Default athletic supporter

Thanks for info. Sebbie.
I was a bit alarmed at tsam saying "the only kind" as for example I would think the rugger players for a start would want something more substantial.
Old 05-31-2014, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lap Counter
Waistbands usually roll because of belly flab.
The reviews for the McDavid are consistent in mentioning that it holds a cup well, but is pretty much worthless without one.

For those social situations when board shorts are more appropriate than wearing a Speedo, a Speedo worn under them does everything a swim jock does, but dries quicker and the straps won't pop out over the waist.
re: Belly flab

Now I have an excuse to try to exercise more to avoid the roll in the waistband!