Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2015, 03:23 AM

Default Best White Swimsuit

Hi there,

I'm a brown kid and I wanna get a nice white suit - thinking the AB Swish range. The Wonderjock while yh would help me 'pack more' looks transparent. Is the Swish transparent? Im looking for white - a little show is ok - but not an outright see thru cuz thats a little much for swim class. Sorry if this was posted before but i searched and didn't see anything. (newbie)

Thanks!

J,

Swish Pic:

Old 08-20-2015, 12:53 PM

I would be very cautious about the suit you picked. Most of the AB white material gets sheer when wet. I suspect after any time in the pool, when you get out you will be very much on display. Maybe consider a white background print from one of the makers of water polo suits. Turbo and Hard Core both have some nice mostly white prints and those do not show through when wet.

STS
Old 08-20-2015, 01:46 PM

get a turbo suit.

swimoutlet.com
Old 08-20-2015, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimTeamSpeedo
I would be very cautious about the suit you picked. Most of the AB white material gets sheer when wet. I suspect after any time in the pool, when you get out you will be very much on display. Maybe consider a white background print from one of the makers of water polo suits. Turbo and Hard Core both have some nice mostly white prints and those do not show through when wet.

STS
The swish suit he is looking at is a heavier lycra blend and not like the nylon ones that virtually disappear when wet.
Old 08-20-2015, 05:38 PM

Yes PSDave - it is the heavier Lycra so i was wondering if anyone had that one. I wear AB underwear all the time. And want my swims to match! But won't go with the sheer ones. I was also thinking the King of Hearts from Turbo but do love AB!

Old 08-20-2015, 05:43 PM

Great AB site!http://aussiebumworld.tumblr.com/archive
Old 08-21-2015, 03:30 AM

I swim 3500 - 4000 yards every day and wear several white background Turbos as part of my swimsuit collection. I have never had a see thru issue, not even remotely. Hard Core Swim has some cool white base suits, also. They put a grey inner liner in the critical front parts so while the sides can get a bit sheer all your best attributes are adequately covered. I am sure PSDave is right, but I am not convinced AB suits are really built for the rigors of lap swimming (yes, I own several pair, but more for fun than swimming).

STS
Old 08-22-2015, 06:06 PM

Two thoughts:
First, according to Aussiebum the sheer rating is 1/10 so it is very low, or not at all.
Second: Aussiebum has a 90 day return policy if not satisfied. So if you get it - its not as opaque as you would like it, send it back.
I have had one Aussiebum white lycra blend and it wasn't transparent at all but I gave it away.
Old 08-23-2015, 11:52 PM

Thanks PSdave thats what i was hoping for. I'll prob get a dark and light color and can always return. I live in the Caribbean so returns aren't always easy!
Old 08-24-2015, 12:27 AM

Truwest.com makes a great white suit. It is on the water polo section and then the Euro-cut all-poly section. You might want to buy a size larger than your usual lycra because the stretch isn't that great and frankly your junk could get a little crowded.