Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2020, 06:55 PM

Default Straps

Thanks ThongTom

Every guy also needs at least one old school strap to wear with or without a cup.

I like the Franklin straps and as you can see I was enjoying myself the day I snapped the photo.

No cup here. These work well for strenuous exercise and are snug but the rubbery coarse-textured pouch is surprisingly comfortable. I even wear them under jeans doing hard work outdoors without anyone except me the wiser.

I used to think the 3-inch waistband was a bit over the top but I've gotten used to that part too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg strapda.jpg (15.8 KB, 27 views)
Old 01-08-2020, 12:13 PM

Default Choosing fitness gear right for you

Technically, nowadays, a setup like this would be a called wrestling doublet. I acquired this compression A shirt and the semi-matching compression shorts a long time ago, maybe as early as the late 1980s. These were my first "exposure" to compression gear, and they fit me then really snug and tight. At that point in time manufacturers were very much still experimenting with exactly how to make compression gear but they did good on these. I.was hooked, so to speak.

Interestingly, over the years the A shirt and shorts have held up really well. As shown in this very recent picture, They still fit me and still fit snug, smooth and tight.

For a topnotch experience, I suggest strapping yourself in with an old school strap first, like the Franklin one pictured in the previous photo (and I pulled out that specific strap to wear today). I am very fond of being fully strapped in and like to put the strap on over an undersized pair of tighty whiteys instead of the strap alone in part because of the butt padding I get from the tighty whiteys when I am stationary rowing and bike riding in my home gym.

Today I pulled on a long-sleeved compression tee and compression shorts, with a top layer of the new skinny jeans I bought myself at Christmas. The latest jeans fit almost like a pair of running tights. The combo not only looks and feels great, I know my exercising will proceed quickly. On a typical day I spend about an hour on rowing machines of two different designs, another half hour on the bike, but just a few minutes on the weights part. I've been doing this nearly every day for well over 30 years. I just recently turned 72.

I know a lot of guys have trouble keeping up a steady exercise program. Interestingly, many of the guys who like to wear swim briefs seem to have a more consistent interest in swimming as exercise than the guys who do not.

Maybe part of the secret to maintaining yourself is in finding gear to wear that you enjoy crawling into and wearing while you are working out. I was just watching the reporting on a big swim meet where several high schools were competing. Everyone was in somber black gear, some in jammers and maybe 30% of the guys (3 of 10 swimmers in one particular race) in a somber-but-snug black swim brief. Interestingly the guys who came in first and second in the race I saw were two of the three guys in the race wearing the briefs! Part of what is contributing to the increased popularity of swim briefs at the high school levels is that word has gotten out that this is what the fastest swimmers at the meet wear.

So, what I am suggesting is that you find gear that you enjoy wearing as you work out, and not only will you enjoy yourself more, you might just look for opportunities to wear the gear, meaning that you will keep at it a stronger and more consistent exercise program. The guys wearing the briefs are the most serious swimmers, but a similar idea works for other forms of exercise as well.

I am serious that my readers not only find specific gear they enjoy wearing but also in using the gear to stimulate interest in pursuing a more active fitness program. There are many benefits to what I am suggesting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg david7 doublet.jpg (12.6 KB, 26 views)
Old 01-09-2020, 11:17 AM

A rainbow of color. I'm not just a solid color guy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg multi color 2.jpg (7.7 KB, 22 views)
Old 01-09-2020, 02:30 PM

Default Muscles built in various sports

Here is a diagram
Attached Images
File Type: jpg muslesforrowing3.jpg (22.7 KB, 18 views)
Old 01-09-2020, 05:24 PM

Default A red Russell brand Wrestling Singlet

This looks neat once I am in it, but getting in and out of it poses quite a physical challenge
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wrestling singlet 5.jpg (7.8 KB, 23 views)
Old 01-10-2020, 05:59 PM

Can you provide a link to the source of those jeans?
Old 01-13-2020, 06:23 PM

Default super skinny jeans

That particular pair I got shipped in directly from China using the Aliexpress Web site. That was in late 2014 I think, so its been awhile and I dont think the same thing would be available now but go to http://aliexpress.com and search on mens skinny jeans and there are a ton of options.

The Asian guys like their jeans to fit really really tight but generally I've found that if I order pairs in 30 inch waist There is no problem getting into them. They do not seam to have a numbered inseam, but my experience has been that the 30 inch waist is about a 30 inch inseam as well. You will get a good idea of how Asian guys like to wear their jeans if you do the search I suggest.

My currently available favorite light blue denim jeans come from Hollister at this link.

https://www.hollisterco.com/shop/us/...&faceout=model

I also have a similar pair from PacSun.

https://www.pacsun.com/pacsun/light-...+Jeans&start=4

The Hollisters fit slightly snugger, but that is a really close call.

Both pairs are very well made and from heavier denim than the Aliexpress versions. Both Hollister and PacSun have lots of 50 % off or BOGO sales which means the net price ends up being $25 not $50.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:37 PM

Default Thonging, Thonging

I know that a lot of you enjoy wearing thongs both as skimpy swimwear and as underwear. I'm hooked as well, and today I thought I would show you a few thongs in my collection and talk a bit about and compare the features of each.

First, three men's thongs sold for swimming. Presumably each of these provide enough coverage so that they could be worn in public at a beach or pool.

What better place to start than with my classic Speedo swim thong. Speedo sold these in the US for not that long of time. Mine is in the classic Sapphire blue color. AS thongs go the pouch is fairly big and not that confining. It fits almost like a Speedo Solar brief in front. The back too is fairly wide as swim thongs go

These are so rare in this condition that I might be able to get a substantial sum of money for it if I put it up for auction on e-bay.--maybe $75 or so, not that I would ever sell it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thong_0001a.jpg (13.9 KB, 11 views)
Old 01-13-2020, 06:47 PM

Default Jantzen swim thong

Next up, A Jantzen men's swim thong I got around the same time I got the Speedo in an wild set of colors in an Aztec like pattern.

This Thong is considerably less roomy than the Speedo version and also not as conservative as the Speedo. You would certainly stand out if you wore this to the beach or pool. The shorter back means this is going to ride lower and maybe show a bit of the Y, or cut deeply between the glutes, or some combination of the two.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thong_0002a.jpg (15.8 KB, 8 views)
Old 01-13-2020, 07:04 PM

Default Wang Jiang Swim thong

This is the Wang Jiang swim thong that gave me such fits as sleepwear. The sides are semi see through. But the back on this is really really short, and the pouch is barely big enough to get myself into, flaccid. Getting the pouch in place requires a study tug on the back, and by that time things are already no longer flaccid, meaning that what little extra room there was only moments ago is now nonexistent. And the connection between the back and the pouch is kicking my perineum.

This is sized for an Asian Guy's build and larger sizes are available. Maybe I should have ordered the MED rather than the SM. But, this is a fun experiment. No regrets here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thong_0003a.jpg (8.7 KB, 7 views)