Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2015, 07:02 PM

I recently bought a black HOM micro-brief which only has 1.5 inch sides, and I went swimming in my local pool today without any problems at all. Actually, have you noticed that swim briefs look bigger in water when viewed from outside? Must be refraction.

Anyway, I seem to have a mental hang-up with light or bright colours. I acquired the same HOM suit in magenta a week before, but I don't feel confident in wearing it. Just seems too conspicuous. So for me 'inappropriate' is wearing something too bright. I would be more at ease wearing a black micro brief, than say bright pink square cuts.
Old 03-28-2015, 08:08 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bede735
I recently bought a black HOM micro-brief which only has 1.5 inch sides, and I went swimming in my local pool today without any problems at all. Actually, have you noticed that swim briefs look bigger in water when viewed from outside? Must be refraction.

Anyway, I seem to have a mental hang-up with light or bright colours. I acquired the same HOM suit in magenta a week before, but I don't feel confident in wearing it. Just seems too conspicuous. So for me 'inappropriate' is wearing something too bright. I would be more at ease wearing a black micro brief, than say bright pink square cuts.

Bede,

You posted a picture of yourself in the magenta HOM brief and you looked great in it. You wouldn't be at all conspicuous. As a matter of fact, I think folks would think, "that guy really is confident wearing a magenta bikini." Try it once and see how it feels and once you get into the water, it won't matter to you.

D67
Old 04-02-2015, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by area51tazz
Cute! Too bad they're out of the blue :P

not exactly the same but.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seobean-New-...-/321189470696
Old 04-03-2015, 12:34 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by vega1210

That blue Seobean suit is very nice looking, but I would prefer if it were lower on the hips and lower cut.

D67
Old 04-24-2015, 10:01 PM

Default N2n

Wore a N2N University brief to pool under drag suit. When I got to the pool I dropped the suit, stretched and jumped in. When I left I did not put the suit back on and walked to the locker room through two crowded pools. That brief is great except for the "penis" pouch which is a little too suggestive!
Old 12-28-2015, 09:36 PM

Default New Years Resolution

On of the gyms I go to has a newsletter. They just sent one out that has exercise suggestions for people getting back into exercise with New Years Resolutions. There's a great one for swimming.

Quote:
Swimming
Hop in the pool for a great all body workout. Swimming is a great low impact exercise that everyone can enjoy. Start by swimming a few laps, and adding more as you get more comfortable in the water.

Equipment:
You don't need much to get a good workout in the pool. Just a pair of goggles and a swimsuit. For men, we recommend wearing briefs. That's right, Speedos! The minimal style will let you move through the water with ease. Women should wear a one or two-piece workout suit. Make sure the bottoms have a drawstring if you choose the bikini style.
Old 12-29-2015, 01:13 AM

Bring on the speedos. Where is this at?!?!?
Old 01-02-2016, 02:37 PM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanHunk
Hi guys,

I was just wondering your opinion on something. You see, usually I swim at my university's pool, where I am happy to say brief-style swimwear isn't uncommon at all.

However, for winter break I signed up at another gym that is closer to my home. On the way out from the locker room there is a sign on the door to the gym's pool saying, "Co-ed area. Please wear appropriate swimming attire."

Seeing as this is in the U.S., I can't help but think "appropriate" excludes all brief style swimwear, not just the blatantly revealing styles. I'm tempted to just wear my regular arena competition suit while doing laps regardless of what the sign says, but I wonder if people would go

I'm tempted to ask my girlfriend to go through the women's door to see if there's a similar sign about "appropriate" attire. Unfortunately she doesn't have a membership to this gym....yet.

What do you think?

I'd say by appropriate it doesnt have anything to do with guys in briefs.

They prolly just want to ban guys in street shorts, or shorts with metal on them, or guy/gals from just swimming in boxers or underwear.

or obviously things that could be transparent or thongs/g strings wouldnt be appropriate for a coed athletic fitness session

i'm sure any typically speedo in a 2 inch side or larger would be perfectly fine as thats standard swimmer gear
Old 01-02-2016, 06:57 PM

That is exactly what it means. Probably they had a problem with people just wearing underwear or some equally non-appropriate clothing to swim in. They have posted a sign that should never need to be posted at a pool or beach. Unfortunately some people don't have the common sense to know what is appropriate at any given situation and have to be reminded.
Old 03-19-2016, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanHunk
Hey guys. I didn't mean to generalize about the entire U.S., nor do I have anything against people who prefer board shorts. I myself wear board shorts whenever I go to the beach. However, you have to admit that in general there is a bit of a negative attitude towards brief-style swimwear here, at least on the beaches.

Anyway, last night I decided it isn't necessary to ask management. They have a lap pool, swimmers wear briefs at lap pools, so that was what I was going to wear to their lap pool.

By the way, these are the trunks I wore:
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTE3NlgxMT..._id=880000500F

The sides are about 1.6". Definitely less than 2", but not so revealing as the 1". Bottom line, they're great for laps.

The result? Aside from a few brief stares, no one in the locker room or pool reacted at all. There were at least three other guys in the locker room and eight people in the pool area, two of the latter being management staff. Not one person said anything.

I wonder if other guys will start wearing brief style swimwear? Will keep you guys updated
These look great on the manikin. I wear a similar style.