Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2013, 01:51 PM

Default Help me find this speedo please

Can anyone help me please find this pair of TYR speedos on there website. i have looked and looked and cannot seem to find something similar. I have even went as far as emailing the customer service contact and heard nothing back

I'm falling in love with red semi-skimpy speedos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (67.9 KB, 101 views)
Old 10-24-2013, 01:55 PM

Default seems like a similar pair here as well

This guy seems to be wearing a similar pair as in Post #1 pic.

However a close look at the logo on the left of the speedo seems to suggest that the guy with the red speedo has three written lines whereas the guy in the green speedo only has the TYR logo and TYR written on his (2 lines).

I wonder if the red speedo is in fact TYR??

Thanks speedo boys!
Old 10-24-2013, 03:00 PM

Default TYR quest

Yes, I was a little unsure when I posted the red diver in the drawstrings thread.
The photo does not have the best resolution but the logo coming nearest to that would be Emporio Armani.
TYR has the wings of the Nordic God but EA's wings include an eagle head.

You haven't posted the green suit as far as I can see.

Btw, the impossible will be achieved immediately - miracles take a little longer
Old 10-24-2013, 03:35 PM

Default green suit comparison

Sorry for the mishap, here is the green suit

It does seem that the green suit individual does have larger sides to it compared to the red suit. Hence, you might be correct Byron, it's not the same suit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (21.1 KB, 67 views)
Old 10-24-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron
Yes, I was a little unsure when I posted the red diver in the drawstrings thread.
The photo does not have the best resolution but the logo coming nearest to that would be Emporio Armani.
TYR has the wings of the Nordic God but EA's wings include an eagle head.

You haven't posted the green suit as far as I can see.

Btw, the impossible will be achieved immediately - miracles take a little longer

I checked out the Emporio Armani suits on International Jock website, it's not it. They have a different logo; it's only EA eagle symbol and nothing else written underneath it.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:04 PM

Default Ok ....

Not much doubt about green one - but side seam may be only fractionally deeper than red one.
A strange black material appears at the guy's right hip in the green one - that cannot be like that from the manufacturer - and there is a ruche on R - which may be accountable by drawstring tag beneath (it does seem to be very long).

Sherlock Holmes has been summoned.....
Old 10-24-2013, 05:10 PM

The style of the green suit photo suggests that it is quite an old picture.
The green suit is not just matt but appears to be faded matt. I suspect that this is an old faded suit photographed a long time ago, probably with a film camera (the pixels don't break up easily. My guess is that this is an early 1980's nylon suit.

There are 2 lines of text on the red suit, and some white text/logo under the swimmers left hand. The photo breaks up as soon as it is zoomed in on, suggesting a basic digital camera.
I suggest the red suit is TYR Durafast: http://www.tyr.com/shop/solid-durafast-racer.html

Last edited by Torchwatch : 10-24-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchwatch
The style of the green suit photo suggests that it is quite an old picture.
The green suit is not just matt but appears to be faded matt. I suspect that this is an old faded suit photographed a long time ago, probably with a film camera (the pixels don't break up easily. My guess is that this is an early 1980's nylon suit.

There are 2 lines of text on the red suit, and some white text/logo under the swimmers left hand. The photo breaks up as soon as it is zoomed in on, suggesting a basic digital camera.
I suggest the red suit is TYR Durafast: http://www.tyr.com/shop/solid-durafast-racer.html

Thanks Torchwatch, I think you are correct that it is the TYR durafast. It just seems though the depth on the sideseam is less on the diver compared to the pic on the TYR website. Then again, it's hard to tell on the TYR website since they do not shows pics of anybody actually posing in it.

I have emailed TYR again to see if they can tell me the specs on the suit.
Thanks again!
Old 10-24-2013, 07:56 PM

Thumbs up Result

Torchwatch explains a lot on what I found strange about the green suit pic.
To quote Mrs Slocombe* for Durafast "I am unanimous in that opinion"

*from old tv sit-com.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:38 PM

I think this is a TYR Durafast suit. The reason it appears 'briefer' than those on the TYR site probably has a simple explanation - the young man wearing it appears to be a diver, and divers are known to 'downsize' their suits (ie, if they normally wear a size 30, they might wear a 28, or even 26, for diving, so the suit won't slip down or off when they hit the water.) He appears to also be blessed with a healthy bulge in front, the weight of which is tugging down on the fabric which was already pushed down by his dive!