Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2013, 06:49 PM

There is a class of consumers who prefer to pay outrageous prices just for the bragging rights. They are recognizable by how they describe something, they don't do it by size or color or model, they do it by the price. When they do that, the more the better. I wouldn't call them dumb. They might be a little obnoxious but I wouldn't call them that, either. I just smile and take their money. They are a notch below the folks that can write a check for the whole damn store but they are gonna bargain for the best price and make you work for it. I wouldn't call them dumb either but I think they're kind of arrogant and smile and take their money.
The funnest folk to work with are the dumb ones who are neither obnoxious or arrogant. But I don't call them dumb, in fact I might even suspect they're smarter than they act as I just smile and take their money. Not very much of it though because they came in looking for the lowest price on the cheapest product.
But as far as swimwear goes, the Dolphin briefs look the best on me and on sale from Swim Outlet they cost the least, as low as $13 and nobody here wears the same pattern. Some board shorts I got on sale at Target last summer for about $15 are awesome and I haven't seen anybody anywhere wear the same ones yet. The Dolphins are junk after a month in chlorine every day but the Speedos cost three times as much and are used up in three months. Trying to explain this aspect to swim moms doesn't seem to help their frustration with how much they spend on their kid's swimsuits constantly until you factor in that three out of four kids will lose two suits a year, somewhere, somehow. Plus they like having a new suit as often as possible, nobody wants to wear the same suit all year.
So. Will a $250 suit last me two years? I doubt it. Will I want to wear the same suit every day for two years? No. Do you want to ogle my bulge through the same suit for years? I hope not. Will I be pretty pissed if my $250 suit gets lost and doesn't make it to Lost and Found? Hell yeah. Am I gonna go shopping for a $250 swimsuit? Hardly. That's dumb.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:01 PM

Default boardies

From ocMetro via Louis: http://www.ocmetro.com/t-Perspective...peedo0910.aspx
Old 11-25-2013, 09:18 PM

Love that article on Speedos vs. boardshorts in the OC paper! Speedos rule! I remember some guy a few years ago - I think here on the old Speedo Board - urging guys one day each summer to have a "speedo day" at a pre-selected beach in Southern California. I wonder if this writer was that guy?
Old 11-26-2013, 07:21 AM

As the article points out, boardies are totally useless for anything in the water.

In fact, the excess material can be hazardous if you're trying to swim in them. As swimwear, the speedo has a definite purpose and wearing anything else doesn't make any sense what so ever.

Same goes for running shorts - the less coverage, the more freedom of movement.