Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Off Topic > Off Topic Chat and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2017, 05:43 PM

I have no hang ups about being naked in front of other guys, especially in a locker room. However, I find it amusing how some guys go to great lengths not to be seen. I must admit, I am more likely to notice someone who is showering in their trunks/underwear before I notice a naked dude. I personally don’t understand what the big deal is. What are they afraid of? Do they think someone is going to point at their dick and laugh?
Old 02-25-2017, 02:03 AM
Speedo Member

I think I have gotten, or am getting to a point of limited shame with my body. I remember as a kid doing the towel change dance of trying to not get fully undressed. I would see older men just strip down and walk around naked in the lockerroom. I think the more comfortable we get with our bodies the less shame we have with being naked. There are a lot of attractive, good looking guys on this forum. I have a tiny bit of envy and desire to look as good as them. Slowly, work in progress.
Old 05-30-2017, 09:40 AM

During my teenage years, like many young men I would avoid showering nude at the gym/pool showers and would do the towel dance in the changing rooms. When swimming, I would wear baggy shorts and keep them on to shower.

When I was in my older teens, I would occasionally try to shower naked to prove to myself and others that I was 'mature' and couldn't care less about being naked, but I felt uncomfortable and self-conscious.

In my early 20s, though, something clicked and all of a sudden I found myself walking naked to showers, not a care in the world, and showering happily in the buff in the communal showers.

As I've grown up more, I've come to appreciate and enjoy the nude environment of the locker room. Difficult to explain, but it feels like an intrinsically masculine thing to do and is part of a right of passage.
Admittedly, I do have naturist tendencies anyway so that helps. I know a lot of Brits are brought up to be very modest (prudish?) about nudity!

Safe to say, though, when I visit a new swimming pool and hear the dreaded words 'changing village' - complete with single, private cubicles for changing and showering - my heart drops.
Old 05-31-2017, 06:59 AM

The showers at my university's Rec center are stalls. The locker room is fairly open in plan, though the larger space is divided into smaller ones because of the rows of lockers. They also tend to divide the different guys into groups. Like the first space closest to the locker room entrance is usually for the bodybuilders. The next two spaces are the most open and for the larger population. And the last area closest to the door to the pool deck is usually taken by us swimmers. The guys that change there are more open to going nude and walking to the showers nude or wrapped in a towel or just in their speedos.

Personally, I go to the showers in just my underwear/Speedo and come out wrapped in my towel waist down.
Old 05-31-2017, 07:09 AM

Like SpeedoLadUK I was brought up in an incredibly conservative family where nudity was a definite no-no, but as I've got older I've lost all those inhibitions and am more than happy to appear naked in public. The gym I use has separate shower cubicles but with no screens or curtains, and I always shower nude.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:08 PM

The local pool where I swim at has very old school lockers. Lockers against only two walls. Open space with benches in the middle, everyone changes in front of everyone. The showers are in one area gang showers everyone showers nude for the most part.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:32 AM

it wasnt till early 20s where i started going to the pools with open showers, at first it felt strange, but after awhile you get used to being naked around other men. and like mentioned above, its quite normal to be naked in a locker/shower room environment, and you tend to notice more to those who are showering in their shorts..
Old 04-16-2018, 12:10 AM

I recently joined a new gym, and was curious about the locker room since the building was older. I find it interesting because it has a shower room with 3 shower heads each on 2 walls, but one side has stalls with curtains and the other side is just open.

I'm comfortable walking to/from the showers nude and just use the open side. I wonder what the discussion was when they added the stalls to just half of the shower room.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:48 PM

I too was a lot more bashful as a kid, doing the towel-dance or changing in a bathroom stall. Now, I just don't care. I used to work at a mine, and shift start involved stripping down at our locker, moving to the mine side where our work cloths were hung, and changing into our work gear, and then doing the reverse at the end of the shift, except stopping to shower. The mine dry is a massive open room, the showers are wide open, and there is no privacy. At first, I kept my underwear on, but I was the minority and felt more conspicuous with clothing on. Eventually I fell in line too and just got used to the nudity. No one cares and it was better to just keep your dirty gear separate from your clean clothes.

Where I swim now, it's pretty old school too, open showers and lockers. I will normally strip down once I'm in the shower to rinse out my suit. To be honest, I find it more comfortable in the gang shower rather than being cramped in a small cubicle without room to move. I go pretty early - 6am -so there usually aren't very many people around when I am. Maybe 1 or 2 at most. Far cry from the 100 or so at the mine!
Old 07-19-2021, 05:43 AM
Speedo Member

Pool Areas, I wear a swimsuit and at the home, I prefer the thong underwear to take shower, never miss the chance to make a special moments with my partner.