Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > Story Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2016, 10:10 AM

Default Becoming an Enthusiast 04: Taking the Plunge

Welcome to chapter 4! You’ll notice that this installment switches to first person present tense because I want you to better be able to closely follow my emotions and feelings in the heat of the moment. Be sure to read “Becoming an Enthusiast” 1, 2, and 3 first!

In case you haven’t quite grasped it yet: these events are indeed true to life and not embellished in any way.

-------

Part 1: The Speedo Speedo

-------

I began my research right away after nearly drowning to death swimming laps in my board shorts. I didn’t know where to start, really. So, I decided to start with Speedo, the most tried and true speedo brand out there. I didn’t like TYR’s styles as much. And at this point, I’d never even heard of the other brands out there like Arena or Turbo. The only reason I knew TYR and Speedo were because of those weekly ads that come in the mail from sports stores like Big 5. Heaven forbid my roommates walk in now when I have photos of speedo-clad men and close-ups of their crotches spread all over my computer screen!

I elected to skip the jammer stage and get a pair of briefs. I went on Speedo’s website and found a size 38 suit (the closest to my size that I could find) on sale and bought it. It was probably one of the strangest choices of model for a super-shy swimmer: the Home of the Fast Kelly Green model in Kelly Green because it matches my school colors a bit.

Gratuitous photo of Ryan Lochte modeling the same suit in grey with his dog for the Sexiest Man Alive shoot:

The next couple days were fraught with anxious waiting and vigorous pleasuring thinking of what it would be like once I have my own speedo. Would the fabric feel the same as the one in high school? Would I be disappointed? Would it be too revealing for Modest Me to wear in public? Could it hide a boner by distracting the other swimmers with its ridiculously bombastic pattern? Would it make me look like the least endowed man on Earth if it's too tight? Well, it decently displays Phelps and Lochte, so hopefully it'll work for me. What would my roommates think if they saw me with a flamboyant speedo? At least it was in my school colors so I could say it was to show school spirit or pride… :/

A few days later, I’d almost completely forgotten about it thanks to the stress of my classes. Like usual, the first thing I did when I get back to my dorm is check my mailbox. There was a small slip of paper inside: the package notice! It had arrived! I practically skidded around the corner running to the front desk to pick it up.

My friend working there gets the package out for me. Oh, no, what if it has Speedo plastered all over the box?! They’ll see how small the package is and realize it can’t possibly be board shorts! I suppose it could be goggles or something too. Oh, ok, thank goodness it’s just plain white. No embarrassment there. I retreated quickly to my room, locked the door, and savagely tore the package open.

Oh, god, it’s small.

Actually, it’s smaller than most of my underwear! Did I order a swimsuit or a bandana???

I take it out of the box and feel the suit in my hands. It’s different than before, a different fabric blend, perhaps. It may be small compared to my board shorts, but at least it has wide 3” sides. The wild colors are printed in the fabric itself, but the black and grey stars are actually a little textured, so they have the slightest dimensionality to them. The Speedo logo is heat-transferred on the side.

Wai-WAIT A SECOND. There’s a gigantic star front and center, right where my manhood will be housed which practically shouts, “HEY! CHECK OUT THIS GUY IN HIS BANANA HAMMOCK. HIS DICK IS RIGHT THERE.” It’s an advertisement for goods I don’t want to sell! Why the heck did I order this suit?!

I look inside. The suit seems to have no structure to it. It’s just two patches of fabric stitched together. It’s fully lined with a black nylon-Lycra blend. Good, that’ll help conceal better. I can’t stop feeling it in my hands. I even lift it up to smell the fabric. Huh. Smells just like…fabric. Ok, not sure what I expected there.

Time to try it on.

I double check that the door is locked. That way, I’d have a few seconds’ warning if one of the roomies comes back. Golly, what a rush! My own speedo, finally! (I really needed like a size 40 to be more comfortable, but being a fashion-conscious designs student, I couldn’t bear the appearance of the other suits that came in my size. No imagination!) Alright, this takes a bit more effort than I expected. Oh my, this is small. The resulting arousal isn’t quite as immediate or untamable as when I’d first worn them before, but this time, it’s special. I could do whatever I want with or in this suit, because it was mine. I could even rub one out if I want!

But, reality check: I didn’t have my own room. I couldn’t wear or relax in it for very long because there’s no telling when one of my roommates might walk in. And I certainly couldn’t have a wank. Nonetheless, my enthusiasm was realized! The only thing that remained…was swimming in it……

-------

End of part 1.

As always, feedback is welcome in any form! (PM, comments, questions, etc.) I enjoying hearing from y’all
Old 04-12-2016, 05:45 PM

This is great! Like we talked, it deff reminds me of my own adventure in speedos! Can't wait for the second part and when you make it back to the pool!
Old 04-12-2016, 07:07 PM

I just might be able to put the finishing touches on it a couple hours from now!

Imagine that, 2 installments in one day! Aren't you lucky?

Last edited by ReservedEnthusiast : 04-12-2016 at 07:11 PM.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:35 PM

Thanks for sharing your story!!
Old 04-12-2016, 11:07 PM

You're welcome solarguy!

And sorry, Jbrief22. You'll have to wait till tomorrow to see the next installment. It still needs another couple tweaks to be perfect!
Old 04-13-2016, 08:46 AM

Default Becoming an Enthusiast 04 Part 2

I finally venture to the pool in my Speedo speedo for the first time! I've actually been working on this part for a few days now, fine-tuning it and making sure the correct emotions, feelings and experiences are conveyed, just like before. In fact, I put that ridiculous, attention-grabbing Speedo Home of the Fast Kelly Green brief on again to put the finishing touches on this chapter. This is one of my biggest steps in my path to openly wearing speedos, after all, so wearing that first suit would help remind me of what it felt like!

-------

Part 2: The Pool

-------

It took a day or two to find the time to go to the pool. I was and am a college student, after all! The first day going out in my suit found me enduring a mixture of excitement and anxiety. I wanted so desperately to be one of the swimmers who slice through the water like a hot knife through butter, but at the same time, I was incredibly embarrassed about my body. So, I donned my Speedo speedo in the privacy of my room and put on my board shorts for the walk down to the rec center. I didn’t bother with the rash guard; that stage had passed. All I slipped on was a tank top just to get me to the pool.

It felt almost like a slow motion scene going from my dorm to the pool. A suspenseful personal soundtrack played in my head. This isn’t a movie, so I can’t compose and insert my own music here. BUT, this is the internet, YouTube exists, and you can open another tab while reading this! So, I suggest you open and play this 1m29s clip in another tab while reading the next few paragraphs: https://youtu.be/aRDsnJSn9j8 (Mentally, there was more cello, but this is the closest I can come without spending an hour hunting down what I was inwardly hearing.)

In my mind, everyone was staring at me as I walked like they could see the speedo underneath. It was a valid fear, in my defense; the speedo’s tight, unforgiving grip caused a slight but noticeable line in the loose board shorts where the thigh exits the suit. Reaching the rec center, I tensely entered my access code, hesitantly crossed the lobby, and timidly wrapped through the locker room. As the lockers and half-naked guys seemed to close in around me, I unwittingly paused just short of the door to the pool deck, frozen in apprehension with a towel, tank top (How did that remove itself? I didn’t remember taking it off.) and goggles in hand.

Going out in speedos for the first time can be difficult for many people, as I’ve read. The general consensus seems to be that the problem has to do with modesty, how your package gets advertised to everyone. Contrarily, my biggest fear was putting this much of my out-of-shape body on display. The guys weren’t as much of a concern for a few reasons. I could handle whatever the guys thought of my package. I’m not showing any goods that they haven’t seen or don’t have themselves; only, I’m better, uh, *insulated* for the cold winter months. Additionally, they shouldn’t judge me for being out of shape while in a specialized swim suit at the pool if I’m there to exercise and improve myself. It would be like teasing a guy who doesn’t bench as much as you if they’re just starting out compared to your years of experience; they’re a work in progress. Lastly, if I boned up, I thought (hoped) they’d understand. But, it was the girls I was most nervous about. Not being happy with the shape I was in, I didn’t want to show off too much of myself to them. (And, in my defense, having thick thighs makes your bulge look relatively smaller.) As a straight guy, the last thing I wanted to do was detract girls with my body, bulge, or choice of clothing.

“Alright, this is it. There’s no need to panic about it,” I reassured myself. “You’re there to swim, just like every other guy and girl out there in the pool. You’re dressed appropriately, so just go for it.”

My heart raced, probably from the effort of supplying blood to my stomach which was, at the time, attempting to digest the butterflies which had suddenly appeared.

After what felt like half an hour of deliberation, I couldn’t quite bring myself to go straight out on the pool deck in just the speedo. No, no, I would need to warm up to it. Instead of just strutting my stuff from the outright, I wore my board shorts over the speedo itself. I only semi-confidently slithered out of the locker room to the pool, as quickly and unnoticeably as possible, where I was faced with a hoard of sun-soakers and a pool nearly brimming with swimmers. I was suddenly very glad I hadn’t quite had the confidence yet; I’d much rather ease into it with this many witnesses.

I chose a lane as far away from the lifeguard as possible; that way, my brain speculated, they couldn’t easily see how utterly rubbish I was at swimming, nor would they easily notice my speedo. I took a few last deep breaths, put my goggles on, and jumped in. I stripped off the board shorts underwater and so no one could see my suit underneath unless they watch me underwater or follow my laps from a high vantage point.

Time for a new soundtrack piece: https://youtu.be/Ry4BzonlVlw?t=43s. (Shoutout to the Piano Guys for being 100% amazing!)

It was such a different experience from swimming with board shorts. The suit ended up providing the perfect balance of package display, design interest, ease of motion, and boner management. If anything, the craziness and brightness of the pattern would hide any signs of arousal by distracting the observer from growing contours or shadows. Fortunately, I didn’t develop a major physical reaction to the situation and consequently test my theory. In fact, I remained relatively unaroused for the duration of the swim. The experience of the swim itself was rewarding in and of itself. I could feel the water moving along the contours of my legs. The lack of drag was a relief to my muscles and respiratory system. I felt a million miles per hour quicker, like a pro swimmer. And best of all, I could twist and turn and kick my legs more freely with the lack of fabric restriction.

Later on, though, when I was approaching the end of my workout when I’d have to get out of the pool, I began feeling a stir again. I wasn’t very well positioned in the suit, so as it grew it became sort of like a rudder guiding me through the water. It certainly helped my stability.

When it came time to get out, I put my board shorts back on underwater and found the nearest ladder to climb out. (I wasn’t about to try to roll out of the pool like a beached seal trying to maneuver on land.) I collected my things and left, feeling somewhat accomplished. I’d finally done it! I’d worn and swum in my speedo in public!

This routine of taking my shorts off after getting in the pool went on for a couple months, generally without incident. There were one or two times, though, that I would reach the end of the lane and then would be horrified to see a friend standing there that had somehow recognized me! They had to have noticed my speedo! I would attempt to hold a conversation with them, after restarting my heart, of course. Eventually, they’d go away so I could leave my position as close to the wall as possible so they couldn’t see what I’m wearing, or at least couldn’t get a closer look at how I fit in it!

Eventually, I reached the point where swimming in briefs was somewhat normal to me such that there were no more unwarranted displays of arousal. It just takes time to grow accustomed to the suit. I therefore answered the question I’d asked myself the second time I’d tried on a speedo. “How on Earth do the swimmers hide their constant boners?!” Answer: the hard-ons get less constant as you spend more time in them.

Regardless, after building confidence doing the actual laps in a speedo, I decided that this regular undressing and redressing was getting tiresome, and I still didn’t feel comfortable being seen in the speedos. I needed to be able to wear something that I could be seen in both in and out of the water. Thus my hunt for a jammer began.

Aaaaaaaannnnnnnd…kill the music.

-------

I’m sure there are one or two elements I might have missed, but I’ve spent a few days on this already and I think it accurately represents what the first time was like. Future chapters are already a work in progress, so keep an eye out! Also, a big thanks to the guys who've been sending me private messages! As always, feel free to reply here or PM me if you have any comments, questions, or similar experiences.
Old 05-10-2016, 04:26 PM

I almost missed episode 4, part 2.
It would be better if it was its own post and not buried in the comments for part 1.

Just saying.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:34 AM

Thanks for the tip, Lap Counter! I will be reposting all of the chapters and parts in one thread once the story concludes so they are all easy to read through. I started posting a part 2 rather than just another chapter because I realized just how many installments there would be, and I didn't want to spam the Story Center with them.