Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2018, 03:36 PM
Speedo Member

Default Board shorts versus briefs

I had time off this week so I hit the beach for a few days. 99.99% of the guys were in board shorts, but I did see one guy in running shorts. I was brave and went in one of my swim briefs. Like others have said, I did not experience one negative look, comment, or any issues that I expected being the only one in a brief. I was surprised as I was in an area with families and others enjoying the sun and water. I just wish there were others wearing swim briefs and not just me. Sorry to say, based on my observations I don't see that changing anytime soon. Thanks to others that support wearing briefs in public outside of lap swimming.
Old 08-29-2018, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISpeedo
I had time off this week so I hit the beach for a few days. 99.99% of the guys were in board shorts, but I did see one guy in running shorts. I was brave and went in one of my swim briefs. Like others have said, I did not experience one negative look, comment, or any issues that I expected being the only one in a brief. I was surprised as I was in an area with families and others enjoying the sun and water. I just wish there were others wearing swim briefs and not just me. Sorry to say, based on my observations I don't see that changing anytime soon. Thanks to others that support wearing briefs in public outside of lap swimming.

While I agree that swim briefs are unlikely to be popular soon, there does seem to be a move among younger men to wear shorts and swimsuits with mid-thigh length rather than at the knee.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:13 PM

Hi MISpeedo, as you swam and played on that beach in your speedos everyone passing caught sight of you. There may have been homophobes, religious extremists and feminists who despaired at your behaviour but since no one else was hurling insults and rocks at you they kept their thoughts to themselves. Most of the men and women who saw you no doubt thought "man in speedos, none of my business, so what?"
A few of the men may have thought "I wish I had the courage to buy some speedos and whear them here."
Some of the few were actually wearing speedos under their shorts and daring themselves to strip off and join join, but funked it.
A few of the wives and mothers would have wondered if they should buy speedos for their husbands nd sons for next time they go to the beach.

So be brave, keep wearing your speedos and maybe next time some of the guys with speedos under their shorts will strip off and join you, and more of the guys will start wearing speedos under their shorts, and a few of the younger boys will be wearing speedos.
Old 08-30-2018, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimalist75
While I agree that swim briefs are unlikely to be popular soon, there does seem to be a move among younger men to wear shorts and swimsuits with mid-thigh length rather than at the knee.
As I've mentioned in another post, in San Francisco, I see a lot of guys out running in 1980s style track and field shorts and mid-thigh length gym shorts.

I don't know if the acceptance of shorter shorts and swim suits is different in other areas of the country, but here in the S.F. area it definitely seems to be catching fire.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dolphin
As I've mentioned in another post, in San Francisco, I see a lot of guys out running in 1980s style track and field shorts and mid-thigh length gym shorts.

I don't know if the acceptance of shorter shorts and swim suits is different in other areas of the country, but here in the S.F. area it definitely seems to be catching fire.
Do they generally run shirtless in warm weather?
We live close to 2 colleges and the men's cross country teams can sometimes be seen running along local roads.
Despite the general modesty of young men, they are usually shirtless in short shorts, sometimes with sides split almost to the waist
Old 08-30-2018, 08:30 PM

I bet they're not running with their wife or girlfriend, as men when accompanied by women always seem to wear long shorts and a t-shirt.