Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2015, 09:26 PM

Default Encouraging Swim Team Fashion

When biking this weekend, I was riding past a local pool early and a team was having its coach talk. Nothing unusual until I saw about a third of the males were wearing speedos, really brief speedos with about 1 inch sides! While the other 2/3s of the males were in boardies or square cuts, it became obvious that the speedos were neither new to the team nor were they taken as unusual by either the males, females, or parents who were also attending the talk. The suits looked good on, but certainly didn't hide the fact that they were on normal developed males.

I was so happy to see the speedo clad guys, a then a speedo wearing guard appeared also! All this in a very traditional conservative upper middle class neighborhood. I hope it represents a growing trend, and since many swim team guys also take guard jobs, I hope they influence many more males, and parents, to give real swimsuits a try.

Anyone else experiencing things like this?
Old 06-17-2015, 10:49 AM

The only similar experience to that was when I was swimming at the pool in the city centre, where some lads were having a swimming club session, and they were all clad, without exception, in brief black speedos. Unfortunately that pool closed down, so I don't know where they would train now.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:53 AM

I help out coaching a local club team here in Maine. I have mentioned before that over the lest several years I have seen a trend back to briefs from Jammers. Five years ago, almost every guy on the team wore jammers. On our current team, every guy wears briefs. They mostly like the prints. We also order them two practice suits and two race day suits in team colors. For the practice suits they can pick briefs or jammers. This year, they all picked briefs.

I should add that our travel team, which is our best and older swimmers (juniors and seniors) always wore briefs, even when the jammers were most popular on our open team.

STS
Old 06-18-2015, 03:28 AM

Glad to hear the good news!!!

In my opinion, jammers aren't good for anything except underwear over your pants to keep your legs warmer in cold weather. Even then, I don't like the feel.

As for anything athletic, briefs and short shorts win hands down over anything longer.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:56 AM

I see nothing about that experience to be surprising or out of the ordinary. It was a group of swimmers at the pool either wearing their team speedos or suits worn for practice. It is no secret that speedo type suits are worn for swimming so the swimmers and parents know this in advance. The fact that they weren't wearing jammers is either that is what they wear only at meets or they are more costly and the team doesn't have the money -- especially if it was at a neighborhood pool. It is nice to know that younger guys are willing to wear them when i have heard of teen boys that will quit the swim team rather than wear the skimpy suits.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:36 PM

bikiniman -- Too bad you don't have a pic to share with us. Would have been nice to see the group
Old 06-19-2015, 12:30 PM
Speedo Member

I'm still the only man I've seen wearing a Speedo at my local pool. The demographic skews more to women, though, but all the other guys wear board shorts mostly.