Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2017, 01:44 AM

Question Random erections while wearing speedo?

Hi guys! First time posting and was curious to get thoughts & opinions from others who prefer speedos as their swimwear of choice.

I'm going on vacation with my partner and his parents in less than two weeks. We'll be boating, on a beach, etc.; basically doing a bunch of things that are best done while wearing a swimsuit. I do have normal board short-type shorts that I could wear, but my strong preference is speedos, especially when spending time outside in the sun, so as to avoid getting a tanline in the middle of my upper leg. I'm a runner and often wear split shorts while I run, so would prefer to keep my thighs the same color as the rest of my body (plus, I find speedo tanlines extremely attractive).

My partner's parents are extremely open-minded, so I don't really think they would think twice about me wearing a speedo. The problem is more my own comfort level. While I would say I'm pretty fit (I lift 4-5x a week, and run 4-5 miles on my off days) and am not afraid to show off my body, I've always had trouble not getting hard the second I put on speedos (perhaps it's a deep-seated fetish of sorts...). I'm not terribly "small" down there either, so if I'm aroused in speedos I suspect it will be pretty noticeable. Ultimately I'd like to be comfortable wearing them around others as a normal thing and not a sexual thing, & to show off my years of hard work at the gym rather than being limited by my body doing things I can't control.

What do you guys do about erections in speedos, particularly when in public or in the company of family/friends? Does this actually happen to you, or are you better able to control your hard-ons than I am? If/when it happens do you have effective methods of concealing it, and/or do you have a brand of suit that hides it well? I was thinking of wearing two suits at once, or potentially a swim jock, to try to keep things "contained" in case things start stirring.
Old 07-05-2017, 02:40 AM

Hey, great post and question. First, you should definitely wear a brief cut suit, Speedo or other similar brand. You dont say your age, but I am guessing you are younger? What does your partner wear? As for getting hard, first enjoy that they happen, as you age those spontaneous arousings show up less frequent. As for them being noticed, play it cool. Truth is, you probably are more feeling like people are looking at your bulge more than they are. I swam and wore swim briefs my whole life and can tell you every guy gets hard in them at some point or another, I know I did. Usually I just let it work out. If u feel really exposed, sit rather than stand or lie down.

I would start wearing your swimsuits you plan to wear now, around the house, in front of your partner. Get used to being in them. If at the trip you are still worried, I found it helps to keep the suit wet. A wet suit helps control things. Finally, I would avoid too skimpy a cut. Start with a regular two or three inch side, maybe have a square cut in reserve.

Sorry if this is too long. Have fun.

STS

Last edited by SwimTeamSpeedo : 07-05-2017 at 02:02 PM.
Old 07-05-2017, 03:21 AM

Thanks for your response, STS! I'm turning the big 30 this year; I've worn speedos around my partner (he quite likes it!) as well as at the public pool when lap swimming, but I feel like lap swimming has always given me somewhat of an "excuse" to be wearing them since they're more practical from a fitness perspective. I'm still working on getting up the courage to wear them for leisure.

Regarding my partner, I've actually been trying to get him to buy one in preparation for the trip, but he's much less comfortable than I am (especially around his parents) wearing minimal clothing, so he'll be donning a loose fitting short/trunk style.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one dealing with random arousal, and I appreciate the vote of confidence! Assuming I don't chicken out, I'll be sure to share pictures. Still, I do like the idea of having a square cut on back-up, as a good middle ground!
Old 07-05-2017, 12:34 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to dm106 Send a message via Skype™ to dm106

Hey talzboi21 - I can tell you when I occasionally had the random boner issue as well, it will pass. Yeah, frightening at first to say the least. I've never seen anyone wearing a swim jock under speedos (how do u keep it in there without the straps or waist band showing?). On occasion - 2 suits but usually for drag in workouts. I agree with STS about wearing it now to get used to it. By the way, my take on square cut is they are just as revealing in the bulge department but do cover more "skin" thus have the illusion of being more modest. You probably could get a swim jock under those if you think necessary but most important is fit of the suit. It should b e politely snug and in compression mode, not loose. Modern lycra suits offer pretty good support so a swim jock shouldn't be needed compared to the "old days" when looser fitting nylon suits were worn. Since you are obviously fit, you should have no issue wearing a speedo from an asthetic point of view.

Last edited by dm106 : 07-05-2017 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-05-2017, 02:16 PM

Default A few more thoughts

dm makes a good point on square cuts, they still have the bulge factor, but the extra material does alleviate some of the "on display" anxiety. I have some shorter square cuts that I like to wear when at events where my smaller cut suits might be a bit out of place. You might consider a water polo brief, which are frequently thicker material or double lined. Also, avoid light colors. I think moderate to darker colorful prints look hot on a guy and the colors can mask arising desires. Speedo makes some really cool fully lined suits in prints that are more along the lines of three inch sides. If this is your first time just hanging out in your coolest swimsuits, I think a slightly wider 3 inch suit is the way to go. You can mix it up with colors, cuts and even throw in a more daring suit if all goes well. Most of all, as much as you might want to "keep the shorts on" resist the temptation. Last, have your partner mention to his parents that you swim laps and wear racing style suits. That way, they know what to expect. As a fit guy, you will rock the suit well!

STS
Old 07-11-2017, 07:07 AM

I agree about just wearing one around even under your clothes to get used to the feel. Alternatively/additionally, you could just wank a bunch of times before going out in them so you have less sexual energy built up and less chance of random boners. I've done that in the past. Just a thought
Old 07-11-2017, 09:24 PM

Default What about a thong underneath?

If it really is a problem for you wear a g string or thong under the speedo. For example a Dore from beachndance with a nice push up bulge would look great and that might encourage your partner to get a bit naughtier with his swimwear.
Old 07-16-2017, 06:17 AM

If you feel yourself beginning to have a random erection then jump rapidly into some cold water, roll over face down on your towel while sunbathing or comment on a funny looking cloud that looks like a duck overhead. If all else fails talk about something boring or think about paint drying.
Bluff it out, act casual and most people will either not notice or not mind.
Doing something really obvious like suddenly locking your hands over your groin and running away will be embarrassing for everyone.
The more you are concerned about getting an erection the more likely you are to get one but once you get used to being in speedos you'll forget about it.
Old 09-17-2017, 02:43 AM

Red face Random erections in speedos

At times I get a random erection wearing speedo swim briefs. They feel snug and secure when swimming, but when leaving the pool, I'll have an erection from the feel of the tight wet nylon, especially when taking it off. I don't make a show of it, but do notice other guys other guys still wearing their tight wet speedos in the showers having full hard on underneath. They act as it's a normal happening, especially while stripping them off in the shower. It does take some doing getting my speedo down and off with a hard on, but tickles freeing it up. To me it's just a normal guys reaction wearing them and I have no shame. My speedo fits nicely, feeling like a male swimmer security blanket and I really like wearing them.
Old 09-17-2017, 02:21 PM

i agree on wearing speedos around the house to get use to it. As far as when you are out with your partner and his parents nothing wrong with a 1inch side speedo if thats what you are use to. Sounds like you work out a lot and can use the fact that you swim laps in that so thats what you are use to.

go for it and enjoy.