Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2016, 09:45 AM

Default Great article on Medium.

https://medium.com/@brett.stephen.wh...969#.nddoehjdl
Old 07-04-2016, 02:33 PM

Small is best. I went swimming in the sea on holiday, but the problem is not being able to change out of your swimming gear. So after the swim I just put on a top and a pair of shorts and hardly even notice I'm wearing a wet bathing suit.
Old 07-04-2016, 04:00 PM

SUCH A GOOD READ. I'm so glad you found and shared that, thank you! I agree with everything the guy says - I especially liked the bit about the anonymity of sunglasses! Lol
Old 07-06-2016, 01:54 AM
Speedo Member

I want to share this with all the guys I know that don't wear speedos!!
Old 07-06-2016, 04:21 AM
Speedo Member

I too enjoyed this story. It is all about living your life for you. This is something I am working on and really wanting to do the best I can.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:28 PM

An old athletics coaching book I read suggested the runner take on a fitness attitude, the author said never to catch the bus when you can walk, never to walk when you can run and never to take the lift (elevator) when you can take the stairs.
The same can be applied to your swimwear and shorts. take on a short shorts and briefs attitude.
So don't wear long trousers when you can wear shorts, never wear shorts below the knee, period. Go shopping in shorts a bit above the knee, go cycling in Lycra cycle shorts, go walking in shorts half way between knee and hip and go running in split sided short running shorts.
When you go to the beach wear your swim briefs under your walking or running shorts lay out your towel and slip off the shorts.
If you aren't used to speedos in public get 3" sides, you'll soon want to swim in 2" side suits and to experiment with 1" bikinis and swim thongs if only at home and the most quiet of beaches.
Start to wear brief underwear so you are used to how it fits, no more boxer briefs, boxer shorts or trunks.
Think brief, think short, be confident and have fun.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:10 AM

Wore 1.5 inch side briefs at a beach in Northumberland, North East England, yesterday. The beach was very quiet and I didn't feel any problem wearing them. I was a bit conspicuous going for a swim, I guess, on account of the sea temperature being only 52 degrees!
Old 07-11-2016, 04:39 PM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bede735
Wore 1.5 inch side briefs at a beach in Northumberland, North East England, yesterday. The beach was very quiet and I didn't feel any problem wearing them. I was a bit conspicuous going for a swim, I guess, on account of the sea temperature being only 52 degrees!
You were very brave! - I mean you were very brave going into the North Sea with the water at that temperature.
Wearing briefs on any beach in the UK is not a problem.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:59 PM

I only lasted 10 minutes. I didn't realise how cold it was until I checked the sea temperature on the internet afterwards.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:19 PM

Break, break, break on thy cold grey stones oh sea.

Alfred Lord Tennyson Memorandum, on the death of Hallam