Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2016, 03:04 PM

Yes, it is totally cool to wear a thong on a nude beach. I go to Haulover nude beach in Florida, and see lots of others in thongs and g strings. Sometimes I'm in the mood to go nude, while other times I like wearing a thong. I think that most Florida beaches are thong friendly, especially those in South Florida. You just can't wear them in state parks.
Old 04-08-2016, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schneiderc2004
I just got my new Joe Snyder Thong and I love it...lol. I think it would be ok to wear a thong in a nude beach. Thongs ok in Ohio State Parks? That is something else. I'd love to vacation in Florida to find thong friendly beaches!

Christian

Yeah, it kind of shocked me too. Seems the state indecent exposure law only requires covering the "Genital organs." In a couple of court cases brought over topless women, it was ruled that neither the breasts nor the buttocks were genital organs, so no indecent exposure occurs if they are visible. Thong wearing is very rare, (I've been told that some guys wear them on the beaches close to the major cities, but I've never seen anyone but myself actually wearing one on an Ohio beach) but legal.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDave
my first thong experience was many years ago in Hawaii. I did not seen one on the beach (male or female) but figured, why not. I put it on and walked down the beach to find a good spot to sit and read and tan. I know my bare bum got looks but no comments. As the days went by I was more comfortable wearing it and even did my morning jog on the beach wearing it. After a couple days I did get a couple "where did you get it" a couple "you got more nerve than I ever would have" and two Japanese woman wanted a picture with me on the beach both front and rear. They were giggling and blushing and it drew laughs from others. Swimming was no big revelation since I was used to nude swimming in my pool. In later trips a bar waitresses showed me an album of guys she photographed on the beach in thongs. The pic of me was noted the first she saw on Waikiki.
One comment - tight thong back strap and sand - not pleasant!

Found an old pic from the 80s of a guy wearing a thong on Waikiki. Wish this was more common these days.

More on the photographers Flickr page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/alan-light/

Old 04-11-2016, 11:30 AM

Wow! Those FLICKR beach pics of guys in skimpy suits are awesome.
Old 04-15-2016, 03:06 AM
Speedo Member

I'm looking through the photos on the FLICKR page that @jackk78 posted and I'm wondering why speedos and thongs on guys were accepted and widespread in the 80s and not now? what changed?
Old 04-15-2016, 03:06 AM
Speedo Member

I'm looking through the photos on the FLICKR page that @jackk78 posted and I'm wondering why speedos and thongs on guys were accepted and widespread in the 80s and not now? what changed?
Old 04-15-2016, 04:53 PM

Maybe when international swimmers switched from briefs to their Fastskin type suits, covering their legs, and somehow everyone else thought a pair of shorts was similar?
Old 04-15-2016, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjkreitz

This is a very complex issue to discuss. I remember as a young boy in the late 1980s and early 1990s, wearing swim briefs was more common and accepted than today. I'm not sure how and who decided that such swimwear for men was to be determined "not manly". I think part of it is the "hip- hop" culture that promoted bigger, baggy, and loose clothing. This resulted in horrible board shorts in many cases all the way to the shins! This new "bigger and looser" swimsuit rule applies ony to men!

Women's swimwear on the other side has actually become smaller or more daring! Today's society has been brainwashed to accept this "double standard" of swimwear for men and women. Men are not supposed to show their thighs as of today! It is not manly! This is the American mentality for swimwear. How absurd! Men's swimwear in the USA has gone backwards or back in time. What's next? Men have to cover their entire bodies at the beach or pool?

This entire swimwear mentality in the USA is extremely ridiculus and society has become hostile towards men that break the new rule. We must do something about it...lol
Old 04-15-2016, 09:48 PM

In the UK a fashion started for printed cotton boxer shorts instead of brief underwear. The boxer shorts were actually longer than the then current football (soccer) shorts then in use by pro, am, and school teams. The result was ghastly; smart, short, shiny nylon shorts with cotton underwear hanging out below the leg seams.
Some soccer players pulled their shorts down far enough to hide their boxer shorts and the next batch of soccer shorts were made longer to match.

Another fashion started to wear the new longer soccer shorts for swimming, white long shorts were chosen over black speedos so the speedos could be seen through the transparent wet fabric. The clothing manufacturers matched this with long white swim shorts with dark panels mimicking speedos around the loins. The white areas soon became infested with large ugly flowers and other designs.

In October 1986 Childline began in the UK. Child protection became an issue, children were increasingly kept in or supervised outside. Boys doing sport were discouraged from wearing briefer sportswear as it encouraged child abusers, while adults wearing brief sportswear were suspected of being child abusers or gay.

Various churches jumped on the gravy train making the wearing of brief sportswear indecent and a sin.

The consequence of these social changes was an increasingly overweight population that spent their time playing video games in preference to outdoor sport, who suffered vitamin D deficiency (hence the return of rickets in the UK), who wore big baggy shorts that made it difficult to run or swim properly when they tried to.
Old 04-16-2016, 01:06 PM

Gosh. I seemed to miss all of that. Must have been due to leaving school way back in 1982.