Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2016, 06:29 PM
Speedo Member

This story is so similar to my own!!
Old 04-26-2016, 05:07 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Captain.Jammer
Cool

Welcome, Jbrief! Thanks for your story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schneiderc2004
See attached pics of my first Speedo Swim Brief I bought when I was 13.

Christian

I really like the look/color/print of that suit. Fantastic, classic swimwear. Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:29 AM
Speedo Member

Hi JBrief22 !!
Really I like read your story, is completely cool all the story and really is very fun to read, also unfortunately too some stories have the same end, a lot of gay people feel really free when they begin to wear speedos and say to the world at the same time about they are gays, ….but. What happen with the heterosexual guys who want wear speedos too?. Some guys would like to wear speedos, but a lot of they don´t do it because they don’t want have a “gay stigma” for wear speedos.
Some hetero guys, like me for example, that we like to use speedo a lot of time we don´t care if other people at the beach they think mistakenly that we are gay for wear speedo, BUT some of our relatives sometimes they feel ashamed because others think “we're gay” for wear speedos. Them our relatives sometimes don´t enjoy the beach day because they listen comments about us , or they see how other look us “how if we were sex maniacs” only for wear speedos…
Also I would like to make you a Question. You told when you was a child you wear speedos, but we the step of the years, you was noticed about the speedos were “uncool” Do you remember when the “speedo tolerance” change in your country? (year?) Do you have some idea why the tolerance changed?
Thank you Jey and really I enjoy read your story.

Last edited by zungaboy : 04-27-2016 at 06:35 AM.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:13 AM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schneiderc2004
See attached pics of my first Speedo Swim Brief I bought when I was 13.

Hi schneiderc2004,
Where you from?, I asked you because a lot of guys we remember about wear speedos (like a super hero or a “real man”) was cool, but in “a moment” the speedo begin to be “Uncool”, Also in different countries this moment when the speedo begin to be “uncool” is a different date to onother country..
… I really like your old fashion speedo!!!Really I love this kind of old speedos of the 90’s, very skinny an just with 1 inch at side… I have a cuestion to you, your old fashion speedo look like the David Hasselhoff Speedo when it is dressed at the body?? … I leave you a the pic of Hasselhoff in speedo for know if it is the same style of speedo..

Old 04-29-2016, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Jammer
Welcome, Jbrief! Thanks for your story!

I really like the look/color/print of that suit. Fantastic, classic swimwear. Thanks for sharing.

You are welcome! This was my very first swim brief. I bought it for my 13th b-day at Big 5 Sporting Goods in Thousand Oaks, Ventura County, California. This is the town I lived for 24 long years until I moved to the Palm Springs Area in 2014. Yeah, that print is awesome. However, the style of the swim brief is too big for me...lol I like skimpier Rio Bikinis!!!
Old 04-29-2016, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zungaboy
Hi schneiderc2004,
Where you from?, I asked you because a lot of guys we remember about wear speedos (like a super hero or a “real man”) was cool, but in “a moment” the speedo begin to be “Uncool”, Also in different countries this moment when the speedo begin to be “uncool” is a different date to onother country..
… I really like your old fashion speedo!!!Really I love this kind of old speedos of the 90’s, very skinny an just with 1 inch at side… I have a cuestion to you, your old fashion speedo look like the David Hasselhoff Speedo when it is dressed at the body?? … I leave you a the pic of Hasselhoff in speedo for know if it is the same style of speedo..

Hey zungaboy. I'm originally from Peru, South America but relocated to California when I was 11 yrs old. Yes, I do remember growing up in Peru, swim briefs were more common! Even skimpier bikinis! Also, in the early 1990s in California, I remember swim briefs were more common too, even in Water Parks! Here is the USA, a major shift in men's swimwear occured in the mid 1990s I think. This new trend was more towards larger uglier swim shorts! Also, swim briefs (speedos) was to be considered "not manly", even gay! Society can be very stupid!

That Speedo Swim Brief I bought in 1992 had a nice print and style. Yes, it is similar to the ne that Hasselhoff is wearing in that pic, but a bit smaller! That Speedo style was around late 1980s to early 1990s I think. Those were the good old days...lol!!!

Take care,

Christian