Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2016, 11:40 PM

Default Newbie here introducing myself!

Hey all! I am a newbie here who is looking to meet some guys who enjoy wearing speedos as much as I do! A little about myself:

I'm a 31 year old gay man who is happily married living in Florida. I have been interested in speedos and briefs since I was a child, and have finally embraced something that makes me extremely happy. For me, speedos had always been something that I really enjoyed. I was always infatuated with the way they felt, and the way they looked on other guys. Growing up, I found myself idolizing superheroes that wore briefs on the outside of their tights, or pro wrestlers that strutted around the ring in nothing but a spandex speedo. I would slip on a pair tightey whities or underoos and think I was this awesome guy who could fight crime, or kick another guy's ass, just because I had this masculine garment on.

Flash forward to middle school, when it suddenly became uncool to wear a pair of tight briefs. I remember changing in the locker room for the first time, and feeling embarrassed and ashamed that I had not figured this trend out for myself. I quickly went home and asked my parents to take me out to get my first pair of boxershorts. I was both sad, and a little relieved that I would no longer have to endure the comments from all the guys about wearing "nut-huggers". It took me a little while to get used to the un-fashionable and drab boxer shorts that took away my adolescents; a time where people should be figuring who they are.

In high school, I got daring. I remember going to the mall alone, and going into the GAP and seeing these sleek, black athletic briefs. This is when I also made my first speedo purchase. I had my own bank account once I started working and bought a blue speedo from online one summer. I waited by the mail everyday to make sure to intercept the package. They were blue with a shark sillouhette print all over the material. I remember how awesome they felt trying them on for the first time and looked at myself in the mirror. From there, I would wait till no one was home, and wear them under my board shorts to go to our pool. I'd hop in , and slide the board shorts off so I would just be swimming in the speedos. It felt great, and I loved how the water felt with just my speedo on.

Over these years, I would discreetly purchase speedos and hide them from my family and friends. They were only reserved for wearing under board shorts when going to the beach, or my own swims at home. It was my own little secret and I loved it!

Once college came around, I had moved out of state, and starting figuring out my sexuality. Once I did, I was able to become more comfortable wearing speedos in public. I finally met a guy who I would fall in love with. Luckily, he understands my sexy swimwear choices. He can be comfortable wearing a pair of board shorts on the beach, while I opt for an Andrew Christian bikini. I'm very lucky to have found someone who gets me, and my thing for speedos and undies.

Since my collection has grown, I can go on a vacation and pack enough speedo without wearing the same pair twice. I would say I have close to 30 pair, and I always look to expand the collection if some new and cool catches my eye.

Looking forward to connecting with you all and sharing advice/stories!
Old 04-12-2016, 02:01 AM

Default Welcome

Welcome to the board. I really like your story and appreciate you sharing it. My favorite part is that you are married to a guy who accepts your love for brief swimwear and you accept his desire to wear rock the beach in board shorts. It is exactly how it should be, accepting our ability to be unique in what we choose to wear. I bet the two of you look great together.

STS
Old 04-12-2016, 08:19 AM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbrief22
Hey all! I am a newbie here who is looking to meet some guys who enjoy wearing speedos as much as I do! A little about myself:

I'm a 31 year old gay man who is happily married living in Florida. I have been interested in speedos and briefs since I was a child, and have finally embraced something that makes me extremely happy. For me, speedos had always been something that I really enjoyed. I was always infatuated with the way they felt, and the way they looked on other guys. Growing up, I found myself idolizing superheroes that wore briefs on the outside of their tights, or pro wrestlers that strutted around the ring in nothing but a spandex speedo. I would slip on a pair tightey whities or underoos and think I was this awesome guy who could fight crime, or kick another guy's ass, just because I had this masculine garment on.

Flash forward to middle school, when it suddenly became uncool to wear a pair of tight briefs. I remember changing in the locker room for the first time, and feeling embarrassed and ashamed that I had not figured this trend out for myself. I quickly went home and asked my parents to take me out to get my first pair of boxershorts. I was both sad, and a little relieved that I would no longer have to endure the comments from all the guys about wearing "nut-huggers". It took me a little while to get used to the un-fashionable and drab boxer shorts that took away my adolescents; a time where people should be figuring who they are.

In high school, I got daring. I remember going to the mall alone, and going into the GAP and seeing these sleek, black athletic briefs. This is when I also made my first speedo purchase. I had my own bank account once I started working and bought a blue speedo from online one summer. I waited by the mail everyday to make sure to intercept the package. They were blue with a shark sillouhette print all over the material. I remember how awesome they felt trying them on for the first time and looked at myself in the mirror. From there, I would wait till no one was home, and wear them under my board shorts to go to our pool. I'd hop in , and slide the board shorts off so I would just be swimming in the speedos. It felt great, and I loved how the water felt with just my speedo on.

Over these years, I would discreetly purchase speedos and hide them from my family and friends. They were only reserved for wearing under board shorts when going to the beach, or my own swims at home. It was my own little secret and I loved it!

Once college came around, I had moved out of state, and starting figuring out my sexuality. Once I did, I was able to become more comfortable wearing speedos in public. I finally met a guy who I would fall in love with. Luckily, he understands my sexy swimwear choices. He can be comfortable wearing a pair of board shorts on the beach, while I opt for an Andrew Christian bikini. I'm very lucky to have found someone who gets me, and my thing for speedos and undies.

Since my collection has grown, I can go on a vacation and pack enough speedo without wearing the same pair twice. I would say I have close to 30 pair, and I always look to expand the collection if some new and cool catches my eye.

Looking forward to connecting with you all and sharing advice/stories!

Welcome.
I am new to this message board too, having discovered it less than one month ago. I have already had some good conversations with like minded Speedo guys.
I am from the other side of the atlantic, from London, where wearing Speedos is not so frowned upon. However, more and more guys seem to want to opt for long board shorts. Welcome to the Speedo lovers group.
Phil
Old 04-12-2016, 01:15 PM

Welcome, jbrief and underwearphil
Old 04-12-2016, 04:34 PM

Default Welcom

From Tampa here. Love to wear my speedos to the beach. Let me know if you are nearby.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:45 PM

Great intro! We all share the same love of wearing comfortable, sexy bikinis. This is a great site. You'll enjoy meeting new people with similar interests.
Old 04-14-2016, 03:13 AM
Speedo Member

Welcome to everyone!! If you ever make it north, gimme a shout!
Old 04-14-2016, 03:13 AM
Speedo Member

Welcome to everyone!! If you ever make it north, gimme a shout!
Old 04-15-2016, 07:58 PM

Welcome aboard! I too experienced the same attraction to swim briefs. Watching He-Man, Thundercars, etc., they all promoted brief style costumes with muscular physiques. You will find that many of us have the same taste...lol

Take care,

Christian
Old 04-17-2016, 12:25 AM

Talking

I also went through the same thing. Back in 1992 when I was 13 I got daring and went to Big 5 Sporting Goods to get me a Speedo Swim Brief, one inch sides, and multi colors. I got this for my b-day...lol. I still have it but do not like the style anymore. I prefer Rio Bikinis and thongs today. I only wore that Speedo Swimsuit at our family pool (my aunt's pool). Great memories and feeling! I felt like the sexiest teen in the world! I wore it until I was around 1998 only. After that, that type of swim brief became a stupid taboo!

See attached pics of my first Speedo Swim Brief I bought when I was 13.

Christian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00001.JPG (44.3 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00003.JPG (49.8 KB, 39 views)