Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2015, 12:11 AM

Default How do they react?

How do people you know react when they see you in a brief swimsuit for the first time?

Most times, three things occur:

1. They're surprised to see a man wearing a skimpy swimsuit. They might make a comment, but I've never had anyone say anything negative.
2. It quickly becomes normal.
3. Men start to get curious about wearing one themselves. Women tend to wonder why more men aren't wearing them, often saying this aloud and suggesting their husbands/sons give it a try.

Because of #3, the second time I encounter people in a similar situation, someone new is often wearing a brief. I can't even begin to count the number of times I've caught guys trying on one of my suits or heard a woman say something like, "We need to get you one of those."

My favorite reaction was when I was on a friend's boat with her family. Her mom, dad, and two brothers were with us. We motored out from shore. I went below deck to change into my swim brief. Everyone else was already in a swimsuit, the girls in bikinis and the guys in shorts. When the dad saw me, he said, "Thank god, you're a speedo man. I thought I was going to have to wear these all day." He pulled off the shorts and had a brief on underneath. His wife had made him put on shorts, because she was worried his small suit would embarrass his daughter. When I went out with them again a couple of weeks later, her brothers had switched to brief suits as well.
Old 12-30-2015, 08:11 PM

I don't think I've had any reaction. Twice I met friends by chance in the pool. They may have noticed my swimwear. I don't know. Then I met another friend in the changing room, when he was leaving, and I'd stripped down to my briefs.
Old 12-30-2015, 09:44 PM

Default Wouldn't it be funny...

Another reaction I've encountered a few times is the suggestion that someone (or more than one person) get a speedo as a joke. They'll see me in my swimsuit. Obviously curious, but embarrassed to say they want to try one themselves, the person suggests that maybe they should wear one as a joke. Inevitably, they end up wearing the brief suit again.
Old 12-30-2015, 10:07 PM

That's not funny. Now if they wore a thong... that could be funny.
Old 12-31-2015, 12:22 AM

I don't think I have anyone ever comment to the fact that I have on a speedo but have commented on the patterns. One time a gal commented she thought I looked so European. Husband agreed but discussion stopped there.
The only way I can see using "joke" or "losing a bet" as a reason to have on a speedo is if he actually wanted to wear one and figured that he could get away with it if he used one of those excuses.
Old 12-31-2015, 01:40 PM

There is a difference between wearing speedos as a joke to amuse ourselves and our friends and getting someone else to wear speedos as a joke so that they can be humiliated.
I am reminded of the story in which a couple on arriving at the house where a party is taking place are greeted by the host at the front door wearing only a towel and led to the "undressing room". Convinced that it is a naked party they strip off, place their clothes with the heaps of other peoples clothing and head for the room the music is coming from. As they enter they find they light are switched off but can sense the other people in the room. Once they have stepped into the room the door is closed behind them and the lights are switched and they find the room is full off fully dressed people all pointing and laughing at them.
Have fun in your speedos but try not to humiliate or embarrass anyone.
Old 01-02-2016, 08:26 AM

I find wearing speedo type swimwear much more acceptable in mainland Europe than in the uk where I live. For instance at my local,gym I sometimes use the pool,and have to,wear a more conservative speedo, usually the briefest I dare wear is 3 cm width. I sometimes get some sly looks but nothing overtly staring. However my wife and I were in Vienna recently and visited a fabulous thermal spa where I wore a briefer 2cm narrow one and had no looks at all that I noticed. Most men were in speedos. In fact at one stage I narrowed the width to about 1 cm and walked about comfortably. My wife wore a one piece black bathing costume which was sexy but not her tiny white bikini which I had hoped. The sauna was the interesting place as it was naked much to my wife's surprise but she was game. I felt that also very liberating and once we were done it was great just to slip into my very brief speedos again and feel confident in walking about.
Old 01-02-2016, 02:29 PM

When I was in college, being on swim team with two practices each day and my roommate also a swimmer, there were always swimsuits hanging from door knobs or chairs drying out. It just came with the territory. One of my non swim friends was always curious about our suits, he'd always pick them up and look at them, usually with some remark about how small they were. It was never bad or judgmental. One day he was over and we were studying and he picked up one of the suits, a cool orange print one. He said he liked the colors. I knew he did, because he kept going back and looking at it. At one point he went down the hall to use the bathroom and I noticed the suit was gone. I remember smiling to myself about it. When he came back he had the suit in his hand. I asked him how it fit. "Pretty amazing," was his reply. He asked about the usual stuff like what if you get hard. I knew he was really interested. When we got done studying, I opened up my plastic tote of suits and grabbed a print one that looked like the one he tried. "Here, take this," I said. He at first refused, but finally did. A few months later, after swim season was done a bunch of the dorm guys went to the beach. I was sure Zach and I would be the only guys in briefs. At first we were, but then my friend pulled off his Birdwell shorts to reveal the suit I gave him. He looked great in it.
Old 01-02-2016, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoolspeedo
I find wearing speedo type swimwear much more acceptable in mainland Europe than in the uk where I live. For instance at my local,gym I sometimes use the pool,and have to,wear a more conservative speedo, usually the briefest I dare wear is 3 cm width.
Who decided that? Was is the pool attendant?
Old 01-02-2016, 07:02 PM

don't understand - why do you "have" to wear a more conservative suit? Is there a posted code of acceptable suits?