Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2020, 08:21 PM

I did a few rides in my Budgie Smugglers outfit with the sports top back in June. But where I am now is a bit too exposed to do it by myself. I have a lot of don't-give-a-shit in me, but just can't pull this one off without moral support away from the water :P
Old 09-16-2020, 08:25 PM

In Britain Raleigh built bicycles, they bought the Carton Cycle company that built high end racing bikes and created the bike that won the race across America. In celebration of this bike the Raleigh Record Sprint bike was built and marketed. A Carlton bike in Raleigh colours it was lightweight and fast, I bought my brother a 2nd hand one a couple of years ago in an almost unused condition, it gets looks from real racing cyclists when he rides it and it leaves my racer behind.

Later Raleigh sponsored the Raleigh Banana Team, it won things and they brought out the Raleigh Banana bike marketing it at youths. It was a high tensile steal lump with a nice paint job. If you bought one and went to a bike club you got left behind and laughed at.

This and Raleigh's inability to build a decent mountain bike effectively killed the company.

The sharkskin fabrics that top swimmers wear are faster than naked smooth skin in water, if you wear sharkskin jammers you go faster than in speedos. Most young club swimmers train and race in Lycra jammers, the fabric is slower than smooth naked skin and so Lycra jammer wearers will go slower than speedos wearers. The racing swimwear companies want to sell expensive sharkskin jammers to serious racing swimmers and look alike Lycra jammers to young swimmers in training.

Boys and men are confused, they can't afford sharkskin for training or leisure swimming, fashionable long shorts are rubbish to swim in, short shorts, speedos and jammers all look a bit "gay" and are best avoided. The result is that men and boys simply don't go swimming and the public pools are full of older women doing lengths of bad breaststroke wearing drab black one piece suits.

I've worn cycle padded squarecuts on a mountain bike for short distances, it's kind of exhilarating compared to normal Lycra cycle shorts. I guess that wearing speedos and a cropped top would make you look like a triathlete.
Old 09-17-2020, 11:48 AM

Default Biking

I used to bike frequently in very short running shorts and occasionally in speedos, but I got so much chafing between my legs that I went to bike shorts. Surprised several of you mentioned wearing a shirt. I usually bike shirtless in warm weather. Much cooler and the air on my chest feels great.
Old 09-18-2020, 07:25 PM

Its not easy to find Speedo style riding briefs with biking pad any more.

Here's an example of what used to be made:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...brief-63032141

Last edited by Red^^Speedo : 09-18-2020 at 07:39 PM.
Old 09-20-2020, 12:27 AM

use your standard speedo and then just put this on the inside of it and pull it up! This seems to work great so far!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...694c4dA JBRrZ
Old 09-24-2020, 05:54 AM

On Tuesday I went for a mountainbike ride on the North Downs in Kent.
I wore Lycra cycle shorts and jersey with padded square cut underneath. When I got to where the Romans camped before the battle of the River Medway in AD43 I stripped off the cycle shorts and continues in the padded square cuts.
At first on a fairly smooth and flat path I had no problems but as the slope became steeper downhill towards the bronze age tumulus and the ride became more technical requiring me to slide my thighs across the saddle for control it became uncomfortable.
In conclusion I have no problem with riding in padded speedos or squarecuts on smooth road and towpath suraces but for more sever offroad riding I'd rather use traditional Lycra shorts or bib shorts.
Old 09-26-2020, 12:43 PM

Thats good to know Torchwatch! I do all road riding so its smooth riding the entire ride for me! So I have no problems wearing speedos with 1 inch sides or actually probably closer to 3/4 inch sides.
Old 10-22-2020, 10:43 AM

was another beautiful day to ride my bike in my speedo and tank top. I'm sure i get some looks from cars but really cant ever tell as you cant see their face well enough and when they are passing me still hard to tell. Enjoying the sun and breeze on most of my body is a wonderful feeling. Going to miss the warm weather.
Old 10-23-2020, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vega1210
was another beautiful day to ride my bike in my speedo and tank top. I'm sure i get some looks from cars but really cant ever tell as you cant see their face well enough and when they are passing me still hard to tell. Enjoying the sun and breeze on most of my body is a wonderful feeling. Going to miss the warm weather.
You could enjoy the sun and breeze on even more of your body if you didn't wear a shirt! I usually bike shirtless when it is warm enough.
Old 10-28-2020, 10:55 AM

might try shirtless next year during the summer time. I usually wear a heart rate monitor so i can get accurate measurements of how hard i'm working out. That could cause for some strange tan lines!