Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2016, 05:58 PM

My own experience. I went to a school with mandatory swim classes from fourth to eighth grade. All students had to use school supplied swimsuits, which for the boys was a brief. It didn't seem odd, because we all had the same suits. In high school, the peer pressure set in. Guys just didn't wear speedo-style suits, unless they were on the swim team. I still preferred the brief, but to fit in, I switched to a pair of swim shorts. In college, I started to buy brief suits again. Mostly for my own personal enjoyment, as I almost never went to the beach or the pool at this time. It kind of went part and parcel with my finally coming to terms with being Gay and becoming comfortable in my own skin. The jammer had not yet really come into being, so I kind of skipped that step on the road back. Then on a trip to a Speedo store in 2000, I saw my first swim thong for men. At that point, I simply knew there was no going back to shorts, ever.
Old 03-30-2016, 07:13 PM

Schools are full of bullies who tend towards homophobia and hate crime. The repress their own gay side in order to appear normal and straight while subjecting vulnerable boys to abuse. The alpha males in a school class are above the bullies who being cowards leave them alone, but anyone else who fails to conform and is vulnerable may be a victim. Tom Daley was subjected to bullying at school for wearing speedos and being assumed to be gay despite being the best diver in the country and later the world, his pencil case etc being repeatedly taken and hidden so he couldn't work.
A few years ago a fashion started in which trousers (pants) were worn low revealing the top of underwear which was almost universally accepted, the winter before last skinny jeans and even skinny school trousers became the norm. These fashions started or were at least accepted among the alpha males. For speedos to become the norm for school swimming the alpha males need to adopt them as their choice I swimwear, then the herd will follow.
One of the bullies at my school was somewhat shorter than me, he turned up at the local swimming pool one day when I was there, each time he approached me I simply ducked him while he swam and I stood on the bottom. It felt good for a change.
Old 03-31-2016, 02:33 AM

that was very mature of you.
Old 03-31-2016, 05:53 AM

I was 11 at the time, he was usually beastly to me at school and swimming in my own time at the weekend his approaches were unfriendly and he wouldn't leave me alone. Standing out of his depth I could duck him if he came too close, but I could outswim him anyway.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:15 PM

My school was so homophobic they wouldn't even shake hands with you.
And if you had a girlfriend they'd think you were being a cissy.
And nobody took their sweater or blazer off because that was like appearing nude.

Seriously mal-adjusted people...
Old 04-06-2016, 11:34 PM

Default Nice Dive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDQmg39Lou4
Old 04-07-2016, 03:51 AM
Speedo Member

I'd like to think that promoting a general body-positive attitude works wonders. That seems to work among the wonderfully geeky crowd I associate with.