Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How often do you encounter other Speedo (swim brief) wearers?
I've never seen another man wearing a Speedo. 0 0%
I rarely see other men wearing a Speedo. 19 32.20%
I occasionally see other men wearing a Speedo. 18 30.51%
I frequently see other men wearing a Speedo. 22 37.29%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2016, 08:51 AM

Default Speedo Sightings

The guys on this forum are predisposed to wear swim briefs, but I'm curious to hear stories about where you've seen other people wearing them. When have you seen someone else wearing Speedo (briefs only, please)? Include details.

I'll start with a couple of my own.

I had a connecting flight through Iceland recently, and there was enough time to visit the Blue Lagoon. It's a big geothermal pool for relaxation. Icelanders have a tradition of showering nude, so everyone is expected to take a nude shower before putting on their swimsuit and entering the pool. They've installed some enclosed shower stalls for those less comfortable. People are coming from all over the world. About 50% seemed okay showering in the open. Some people managed to avoid the rule and showered in their swimsuits. The locker attendants will occasional remind people that they need to be naked. It's a large pool, and there are probably 150 people there. I'd say I probably saw about 10 other guys in swim briefs. Most were in shorts. The women wore a 50/50 mix of one-piece and bikini style swimsuits.

Back home at the gym, I was walking into the coed spa area when a high school age guy was coming back to the locker room in a navy blue Speedo with the name of his school on the back. The drawstring was untied and hanging out. He came back to the spa area a minute later with water and joined his girlfriend who was wearing compression short and a sports bra. They hung out for a little while before going back to their respective locker rooms. On one other occasion, I was getting dressed for my workout and saw him change into the same Speedo and go into the spa area.
Old 03-19-2016, 06:15 PM

I swim Laps at a open year-round pool in Austin Called Big Stacy pool. It is heated by a geothermal well with winter water temp of 83-87 degrees F depending on how cold it is outside. I wear one of my two Neptune Scepter briefs. Several year-round swimmers also swim laps and most men of all ages wear Speedo or similar briefs. I personally have not received any looks or negative remarks about the low cut suit I wear. Both women and men seem accustomed to having men there in bikini cuts.
Old 03-20-2016, 03:06 AM
Speedo Member

in my country I often see men with speedo on the beaches (always almost always) but very few.
Although I always see at the beach are maybe 1 in speedo but 2.000 in board shorts.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:33 AM

On a related topic, I always wonder what percentage of the guys wearing board shorts actually are wearing a swim brief UNDER the board shorts as a liner that could be revealed under the right circumstances.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:20 PM

"sightings" sounds like what you hear about animals when on a safari. They usually record the location for reference. Should we be recording "sightings" for future reference?
Old 03-21-2016, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbie
On a related topic, I always wonder what percentage of the guys wearing board shorts actually are wearing a swim brief UNDER the board shorts as a liner that could be revealed under the right circumstances.

Why wear swim briefs under boardies? Seems to be inconsistent reasoning.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:27 AM

I frequently see guys in speedos because I play water polo :P But in casual settings? rarely
Old 03-21-2016, 02:37 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to dm106 Send a message via Skype™ to dm106
Default sightings

I see guys on swim teams practicing in them but rarely if ever at the beach or during recreational swimming. See plenty of them on the beach in Miami and Ft Lauderdale when over there.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dolphin
Why wear swim briefs under boardies? Seems to be inconsistent reasoning.
Extra lining for the vital parts, while covering the upper legs. Surprised they just don't wear a wetsuit.
Old 03-22-2016, 01:07 AM

Say, how do you post pictures on this board? Figured it out... Now you see me in a Speedo...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BIKINI 1 (Copy).jpg (49.8 KB, 94 views)

Last edited by lapswimmer : 03-22-2016 at 02:35 PM. Reason: add a picture