Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2020, 01:00 AM

Default New Zealand suit

I did try the New Zealand suit from the original post today to swim some laps. That was the first time I tried them in the water and its probably going to be the last LOL. They feel terrible for me. I chose sizing just on the snug side and these suits being fully lined the material over the butt cannot stay still so every push off the wall I can feel that material flapping around.

Not good.

Went back to Desmiit about an hour later in another pool (the first one was way too crowded so me and my young friend decided to just switch pools). These feel great, much greater than any Nabaiji I ever tried actually.

And then tonight I went again in a new Arena suit that I got quite awhile ago but never used it yet. It was just a tad too large but still stayed in place pretty good. This one is a keeper.

As for my young friend he likes his Nike blue and white patterned briefs. Quite rugged material and double lined but he likes them which is great. We don't see too many 14yo boys in briefs these days!

Just for reference and size comparison I go XXL in Desmiit and 34 inch waist in arena. As for Nabaiji I don't know, the tag as been cut.
Old 01-07-2020, 07:43 AM
Speedo Member

DESMIIT suits are great. I have a few ones in low cut brief I used to swim laps and the quality is very good. Very narrow sides as I love and a low rise too. They are stretchy so very comfortable. I rinse them with clear water after use.
I also have a DESMIIT thong I wear in my own pool. Good quality too, and very sexy.
Old 01-07-2020, 11:12 AM

Default Your pool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog
DESMIIT suits are great. I have a few ones in low cut brief I used to swim laps and the quality is very good. Very narrow sides as I love and a low rise too. They are stretchy so very comfortable. I rinse them with clear water after use.
I also have a DESMIIT thong I wear in my own pool. Good quality too, and very sexy.
If you wear a thong in your pool, why not just go nude?
Old 01-07-2020, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchwatch
The neighbours will notice if you cut the lawn in Desmiit bikini briefs. No telling what they'll do if you wear a Desmiit thong.
I have considered cutting my front lawn in bikini briefs, but never had the courage to do so. I live on a busy through street. If I lived on a cul de sac, I would.

Last edited by Minimalist75 : 01-07-2020 at 09:58 PM.
Old 01-07-2020, 01:59 PM
Speedo Member

You are right, I sometimes go nude, but I love thongs for keeping all in place, and for tan lines. Halfway between nude and brief...
Old 01-07-2020, 04:54 PM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog

You are right, I sometimes go nude, but I love thongs for keeping all in place, and for tan lines. Halfway between nude and brief...

Oh yes!

Thongs make great tan lines, that is for sure!
Old 01-07-2020, 07:58 PM

Default Thanks Swimmin

Thanks for the detailed comment on all those suits, that is most useful info which one seldom finds before investing in a suit. So if you go for 34 in arena, do you usually wear 32 trousers too? Keen to buy some desmiit and if i follow your advice, it is the XXL I need.
Old 01-07-2020, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrus
Thanks for the detailed comment on all those suits, that is most useful info which one seldom finds before investing in a suit. So if you go for 34 in arena, do you usually wear 32 trousers too? Keen to buy some desmiit and if i follow your advice, it is the XXL I need.

I wear 34 in pants.
Arena swimwear 34 fits perfect
Funky trunks jammer 34 but kind of tight
Desmiit XXL fits perfect
Desmiit XL a bit tight and too low waist for me
Seobean XL too small (my 14yo friend said he's going to try them when he gets a bit bigger he is 30 inch waist now)

I hope this helps.
Old 01-08-2020, 11:29 AM

Default Thanks

Yes, that is just what I need, I wish more guys would list this sort of thing. I wear size 32 trousers but find 32 Speedos are quite a squash - not because I am particularly well endowed but I think it might be because I swim and cycle a lot and the bubble butt steals some of the material intended for the front. So the waist size might not be a good reflection of the size. Aussiebum 20 (XL) is slightly too large, and Funky Trunk at 34 are fine.
Old 01-08-2020, 11:21 PM
Speedo Member

Your 32 trousers are probably 33 to 34 inches in inside diameter. Vanity sizing has struck mens trousers.

If you measure around four finger widths below your navel, that's your Speedo size. They are pretty much consistent, both US and Europe (even through different companies). Only exception I've found is the Solar, which has such an oversized pouch that I need to size down two inches.

Well, the technical suits are a whole 'nuther world. Most people don't have enough calves to fill up the calf sizes in the sizing chart.