Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2018, 06:15 PM

For the third time this week I did 2500m with my Desmiit briefs. I really like them and ordered a couple spares. I had a good deal at 6$ on Ali. Really cheap for what they are.

Today I did the 2500m under 45 minutes. Thats only the second time I have been able to do it. The lane I was in was full of people but they were all courteous and swam very close to my pace so it went smoothly.

I like these color challenges. It def got me to wear my briefs a little more because of it.
I wont be able to do royal blue though as I don't have any. I got plenty of navy and a simple blue but no royal. And they are all jammers..
Old 01-25-2018, 05:31 PM

The idea of the challenge is to get everyone out in their swimwear each month. Sometimes it's hard to drag oneself to the swimming pool or hot tub and a little challenge helps, giving the feeling you are part of something, although it always feels good once one is in the water.

The challenge also encourages those of us with swimwear collections to dig out colours and designs they haven't used for a while, usually sticking to a current favourite swim suit, and for those beginning thier speedo collections an excuse to buy new and experiment with how different suits look and feel.

As far as the challenge is concerned royal blue covers all mid blue shades between navy blue and light blue but avoiding the realms of turquoise and purple. As the challenge covers thongs, bikinis, briefs, sangas, square cuts and jammers your (Swimmin) simple blue jammers would probably count nicely, unless perhaps you'd like a pair of these .......
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Swim...53.m1438.l2649
I'm rather partial to Addicted and the blue looks good.
(I recently bought pink ones and love them, though I haven't had the courage to wear them in public yet)

Great Britain Swimming teams traditionally wear royal blue.

Last edited by Torchwatch : 01-25-2018 at 05:33 PM.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:06 AM

Just back from swimming 1500m in my black Maru 2" swim briefs with red side flashes.
They are so much better than the Swoof briefs I wore on Wednesday. The only trouble being that the waist cord is a bit short and tends to get lost in the suit, both sides at once, prior to being tied.

Today whilst I was there and including me there were 6 men in swim briefs, 4 in square cuts, 4 in jammers and 3 in various styles of shorts, and this was at 06-30 am. The better swimmers were in either swim briefs or jammers.

One swimmer was wearing a patterened Jaked swim brief, a brand which I am not familiar with but looked quite smart, is anyone familiar with Jaked ?
Old 01-29-2018, 07:24 PM

With a bit of a head cold I did 1800 yards in my black Mizuno competition brief. Just got this challenge in under the wire!
Old 01-29-2018, 10:02 PM

You get loads of points pyn1, extra points for Mizuno which are a bit special and if no one else makes a claim loads more points for getting the last swim of the month.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:24 PM

I'm just back from swimming 49 laps (ran out of time for the usual 50 laps) in my Desmiit black briefs with orange stripes on the hips. As I said before I really like this cut especially once I got over the fact they are asian cut and very low waist. They always stay in place.

I was unfortunately the only one in briefs while the vast majority were in black jammers. Maybe 4 or 5 in square cuts and only 1 young man in board shorts.

I decided they are durable enough as I already used them about 20 times for my weekday swims in the indoor pool I always go and only rinsing them in the shower after my swim. They are just starting to get a bit loose. For under 10$ this is a fantastic deal nothing else I ever had can beat.
Here is the link

Another relatively cheap option I sometimes use is the Yingfa brand in briefs and jammers. They cover a bit better and still are comfortable to wear.
Brief
Jammer

I wish I can continue to have the drive and energy to swim so much because all that work pays off for my health. I am not in super top shape because I only started swimming 1 year ago and just the past 5 or 6 months really increased the amount of time I spend in the pool. Last year day for day I went to give blood at the red cross (however you say that in english) and they refused me because of very high blood pressure. 167/114 if I remember right... I googled on ways to reduce blood pressure and the main factor is doing sports. That is the main factor that got me to start swimming. As of quite recently I checked my BP it was 106/73 which is supposed to be in the optimal zone. I am going again to give blood this coming friday and expect everything to work out good. Another nice side effect is I have lost over 20lbs while gaining muscle mass. I now have arms I never had before.

I cannot thank my young 14 yo friend enough for teaching me how to properly swim when I started last year. He is doing all the lifeguard certifications so he has to swim as well. He gave me all kinds of challenges one of which took me months to achieve (600m in under 18 minutes). I can now do it under 11 haha.

And also thanks for the people on this site. You all make me feel less of a wierdo for preferring briefs for swimming.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:44 PM

I think Swimmin has stolen all the extra points for last swim of the month, well done.
Glad you are enjoying your swimming, I own 3 pairs of Demiit in various colours and designs and have worn them in France and love them.
Am wondering whether to count the Yingfa briefs with the blue trim count as royal blue for next month.

Super extra points for swimming on the day of a super blue blood moon.