Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > Story Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2017, 08:06 PM

Default First Time Wearing Speedo in Public

After a couple years of wearing swim briefs exclusively in private, I finally decided to wear them in public today. I picked out my black Calvin Klein brief, that is just a little too tight on me, and went to our local swimming hole and set up a tanning spot on one of the cliffs and just kept to myself for the most part. I was only exposed to a few people, since I generally slipped my shorts back on whenever I had to get up to do something.

Only two people paid a good amount of attention to me. The first of which was a very attractive woman, probably late 20s, who only saw me from about 20 or 30 feet away, but when she noticed I was wearing a speedo, she stared at me for a solid 10 to 15 seconds. As I was leaving I walked by this same woman and saw her avert her eyes and just smirk.

The second person was a girl, I think 19, that went to my high school and graduated last year as she was a class older than me. I ran into her and some of her friends and quickly stammered that I had lost a bet and had to do this, as I was just so embarrassed.

It was overall an exhilarating experience, and I can't wait to do it again. I just wish I could find a time to go when families would be less present, as I understand how parents wouldn't want their kids seeing people wear what I wear.
Old 05-15-2017, 02:50 PM

So, you wore your swim briefs at your local water hole and you weren't struck by lightning or arrested by the police. You were admired by a passing older woman and noticed by a girl who has graduated from your school and probably still thinks you're a kid.
You seem to have had a good time and I'm glad you want to do it again.
If the sun is shining then lay down your towel in the same spot same time next week. Other guys at your water hole may have wanted to wear swim briefs but don't want to be the first to try it. They know you were there and if you are there again they may join you.
So long as you are not presenting a major erection the parents of children may not approve of your swim briefs but they can't object, so if you feel something moving down there roll over onto your front until things calm down.
When you get enough speedo friends you can go down to the water and no one can stop you having fun together.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:22 AM

I actually went back today after school a little before 5. Luckily for me there was almost no one there, which meant I could feel more comfortable and actually have the courage to swim and lay out of the actual beach this time. What's even luckier for me is that one of the few groups of people there was a group of late teens early 20s girl, who I happened to pick a spot not too far from. Besides a few comments from that group, barely anyone said anything. I recall one women saying something about "speedos" and giggling to her friend as they walked by, and there were two teen girls that seemed very awkward when walking near me. What surprised me was that none of the members of the two or three families that had young children with them batted an eye at me; none of them seemed to care at all. This was truly a great time and I plan on going back Sunday morning and staying till the peak hours of activity kick in.

Last edited by CharlesW : 05-17-2017 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:07 AM

Did you wear Calvin Klein briefs or an actual Speedo or Speedo-style swimsuit? I think you might get different reactions - if I see someone in their underwear, I usually think, 'Why doesn't this guy get a Speedo?" I think a regular Speedo might be more acceptable to people than a guy in his underwear, since underwear is designed to be worn under your clothing, but a swimsuit is designed to be seen at a pool, sunbathing area, etc. Still, I admire your courage!
Old 05-18-2017, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmboy
Did you wear Calvin Klein briefs or an actual Speedo or Speedo-style swimsuit? I think you might get different reactions - if I see someone in their underwear, I usually think, 'Why doesn't this guy get a Speedo?" I think a regular Speedo might be more acceptable to people than a guy in his underwear, since underwear is designed to be worn under your clothing, but a swimsuit is designed to be seen at a pool, sunbathing area, etc. Still, I admire your courage!

Yes it was an actual swimsuit. They were Calvin Klein "speedo" style swim briefs. I would never go anywhere in public with just underwear on lol
Old 05-19-2017, 06:17 AM

Hey matey. Didn't know attitudes were so bad where you live. I don't think twice about slipping on swim bikinis when I go to my local gym pool. Usually 1 inch HOM black bikini but have worn narrower bikinis. No one really notices or cares. Guess attitudes are a bit more liberal. Take time out in Europe and you can wear the smallest bikinis without issue. Good luck and I admire your perseverance.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:12 PM

Hey school, I have worn brief style swimwear my whole life in every part of the USA and many other countries and have never had any issues. The truth is most folks at a pool or beach don't really care and probbaly are not even paying attention. I think a lot of guys who want to wear a brief cut suit but don't have the courage blame it on an the false perception that others might react badly. It just does not happen, at least not enough to worry about.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimTeamSpeedo
Hey school, I have worn brief style swimwear my whole life in every part of the USA and many other countries and have never had any issues. The truth is most folks at a pool or beach don't really care and probbaly are not even paying attention. I think a lot of guys who want to wear a brief cut suit but don't have the courage blame it on an the false perception that others might react badly. It just does not happen, at least not enough to worry about.
Hi- thanks for clarity. I've been in your country bar few times and have worn very brief speedos at hotel pools without issue also.
Old 11-18-2017, 11:26 AM
Speedo Member

Was in middle school. We had to wear red or black ones sold by the school.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:21 PM

Red face

I can remember wearing a speedo the first time in public. I was some what shy, being in my late teens. The swim suit was a speedo brand full brief, covering all my lowers, keeping it all snug and secure in them. Despite feeling somewhat shy wearing them in public, I really liked the snug and secure feeling in them when swimming or just wearing my speedos around the swimming pool area during the hot weather. After wearing those speedos a few times, I overcame my shyness being only in my nice fitting speedo swimsuit and enjoyed how well they felt wearing them.